Phantis Forums

Europa League 2015-2016

Tzatziki

You can believe anything you like, but believing in something does not make it true. Football is not just about budgets, if it was you would never have upsets. Your reasoning is very naive and simplistic.

Anyone who knows Olympiacos knows we never replaced Manolas, Galletti or Mirallas.

This is a different argument, one which makes a lot more sense than, Anderlecht beat us because Transfermarket values them 12 million higher than Oly.

Makes me laugh when I see panathinkos and aek come in our forum and try to talk football..........very simple minded people! I believe Olympiakos could of gone through! We were unlucky, what we lack is depth up front! Silva deserves more time, I will always keep my red flag flying high!!! Oly till I die!!!!

panathinaikos played Anderlecht in the uefa cup in 2002,3 season. We won at home 3-0, and in the return leg we were down to 9 men and held on to lose 2-0 in the 2nd leg despite being under excruciating pressure at constant vanderstock stadium.We went through due to the heart and determination of those 9 players not due to money. Many of those 9 players on the pitch were in the euro 2004 squad that won the euro. Eventually those players and many of them went abroad before and after the euro. Budgets have changed since then but heart got us through Anderlecht then and budgets do not get you through a tight contest when it comes down to leptomeries

wat about steaua bucharest winning champions cups against ac milan and barsa respectively???

i dont think their budget was anywhere near others

porto also won cl and eufa cup in close proximity in the 2000s as well

lyon made the semis how many yrs in a row

galatasaray won a uefa cup in 2000

Edited by Spirtto13
  • Like it 2