Phantis Forums

Sergio Sanchez

Anyone seen him play before? He must have played for Malaga in UCL two seasons ago when they still had Isco, but I don't remember him.

When Malaga was a stacked team when they had a the Arab Sheik funding them he was a part time bench player... since the money ran out and the Shiek fled for the hills... Sanchez became more of a 1st team player....  I guess hes a decent/good defender for La Liga

Haven't seen him play though... time will tell... let's see how he adjust outside of Greece and more importantly how he gels with Tavlaridis

Thelander is still too inexperienced... he was in the Danish league which a team like Astera or Atromito could win...

He's a very good promising player but for this year... we need to have sure picks in our defense as we are going for the title...  no time for experimenting... time to WIN GAMES... even if its tsoukou-tsoukou ball and wins by 1-0... we need the title

Thelander is also coming off some sort of foot injury (that he reinjured after coming back initially) that kept him out of Aalborg's last 9 games. He needs to be eased back to ensure he's fully healthy. Next year though, I fully expect to see a Sanchez-Thelander combo.

Plus, how can you hate of Tavlaridis? The guy was awesome down the stretch last year.

• 5 weeks later...

Tavlaridi has alitia (in a good way) written all over him. Very Kyriako/Kalitzakish... He's a non nonsense kind a guy that will fight tooth and nail.. I agree, too bad he came at 34...

That's a very good description of him.

Sanchez will complement him well, we should keep the ball a lot more with the spaniard in the side, kind of like hummels at dortmund.

• Like it 1

Siga re... tha mas ton vaftiseis kai Beckenbauer se ligo.....

Sanchez is nothing special from what we can see so far...  usually spanish defenders are very "soft" and have some sort of ball skill... they lack aggression, speed and mental toughness

We basically got ourselves a Green version of Botia

He's an avergae defender for Euro standards...  decent enough defender for super league... and will have an occasional standout game.... but will not "wow" you by any means and will the occasional blunder as well...  

He might be good to have around for 2 seasons but signing this guy to a 4 season contract is NUTS.....

Obviously the priority is for him to be solid defensively and I?ll reserve my judgement for the time being. I was merely making a point about his ball retention capabilities, which is probably what drew us to him.

Most serious sides have at least one centre halve with a good first touch and pass. It means you can knock the ball around at the back and are more likely to keep it upon pressing. Compare that to playing limited defenders who can only clear the ball upon pressing, possibly resulting in a loss of possession.

• 2 months later...

He is a dud there's no debating this.

His first touch in a panathinaikos shirt was a 29 metre sprint and sliding tackle through a Brugge defender. He costed us the prokrisi and a chance to play Brugge 11 vs 11 and a better 1st leg score

Instead of 2-1

900k for a defender who is slow it's just ain't fukn rocket science now isn't it especially wjen we are broke. You give be 900 k and I'll show you what i can bring. Between vokolos fyssas giasminko velic livathinos and the other useless idiots we've seen the worst of worst don our shirts

Bourbos is in our fukn apostoli thAt will do me

Edited by Spirtto13

• Guest locked this topic