Phantis Forums

Igor Tudor

italosPAOK4

• 1 month later...

I like what I see with Tudor.  A real no-nonsense kind of guy.  Maybe a bit over the top, but compared to the Frappe and Tavli fest last year, I'll take it.  It all depends if he get's the players on board.  Mystakidis saying that he apologized to the coach, and that he agrees with his move is a HUGE step in the right direction.  I'm not gonna lie, I wish the whole situation with Pereyra never happened (if that's even the reason he's been left out).

Good Luck to our new coach....Let's all support him and his efforts for a stronger and bigger PAOK.

• Like it 1

I'm not gonna lie, I wish the whole situation with Pereyra never happened (if that's even the reason he's been left out).

So true.  I never expected it from him.  It's not like he wasn't an integral part of the team.  This kind of came out of nowhere.  Having him and Lucas would have been great this season.

Is the situation with Pereyra beyond reconciliation ?

He has been (so far) a huge surprise. As long as team (and ESPECIALLY us fans!) don't get too excited and expect miracles the first season, this could work out.

What would be refreshing is that when we hit a patch of poor results [it will happen eventually] and the players start cracking the sads and causing trouble [Tzavella i'm looking at you m#$%!] that the board says screw you, do what the coach says or get lost, as opposed to our normal response of "ach ta kaimena mora" let's sack the coach.

It's embarrassing that since 1970 our longest serving coach is Santos and that was less than 3 years. 12 times in those years we have had 3 coaches in a season and we had 5 coaches in a season once.

• Like it 1

What would be refreshing is that when we hit a patch of poor results [it will happen eventually] and the players start cracking the sads and causing trouble [Tzavella i'm looking at you m#$%!] that the board says screw you, do what the coach says or get lost, as opposed to our normal response of "ach ta kaimena mora" let's sack the coach.

That's why I'm encouraged by Arnesen's emphasis on player attitude.  Hopefully the team starts developing a mentality that isn't so defeatist.

• 2 weeks later...