Phantis Forums

2015-2016 Pre-Season training news

Blackhawk

Players have been notified to report in Thessaloniki on June 26, 2015. They will undergo medical tests before heading to the training camp in Arnheim, Holland at the beginning of July. The team will play 2 or 3 pre-season friendlies while in Arnheim. It is quite possible that the team will travel directly from Holland  to the venue of the first Europa League game if the first game will an away fixture. 

The Brugge-game will be on the 11th of July.

PAOK will also play against German second Bundesliga-team Bochum on the 8th of July.

Two other friendlies will be against players from The Netherlands and Belgium without a contract.

Yep.

In The Netherlands this is about the fifth consecutive year that these players try to earn a contract.

They are supported by the labor/trade union.

Only a few succeed. But the players keep in shape and are a real test for their opponents as they give their best shot.

It's not two other friendlies. It's only one and it will take place on July 4th, only two days after the team arrives in Holland. It's probably a team of guys who meet before and after the game at some pub for a beer and go out to play a game football.

• Like it 1

I think it's unlikely we'll have the new blood here in time for these matches (and probably for our first qualifier for the EL). Apart from, of course, our new friends from Giannina. Thing is, even a depleted and demoralized team should be able to get us through at least that first match. Fingers crossed.

pash, I think a lot of the old players will give their best in order to impress the new TD/coach. We will see some players completely reformed.

Today was the first team practice (double one at that).

Notable players absences:

Tziolis, Kace, Mak, Rats, Noboa - extra vacation since they had NT duties.

Pozoglou, Koulouris, Deligiannidis - with U19 NT for the Euro 2015

Papagiannopoulos, Konstantinidis - sick/injured

Golasa - in Israel to witness the birth of his child

Lucas - he and Deportivo claiming he has a contract with them until June 30, so they refused to let him go. Apparent negotiating tactic.

Pereyra received a 500 Euro fine for arriving late to the practice

Video of first practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeKB_hNwLQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I was happy to hear he did fine Pereyra. The team needs discipline, and he should lay down the law immediately. Lucas is getting quite annoying, just sell the guy and be done with him.

You're probably right about the old timers trying to impress him.

Mazel tov for Golasa.

I intend to go on the 4th of July with my wife and kids.

The game against Bochum on the 8th would be a nice one to watch in person, but the kick-off is to early, and as I am in my last week at work before I leave to Greece and there are so many things I have to finish, it is not possible to take a day or afternoon off.

Plans have been changed. PAOK will not play Club Brugge but Dnipro Dnipropetrosk, last years EL-runner-up from Ukraine. 

The venue is not yet known. The game will be played July 10th.

Edited by Dutch Eagle