Phantis Forums

AEK BC

Original 21

Game 2 today, I've been watching. We are up 47-27 at half time. We allowed 6 points in the second quarter. We need to win this game easily. If we hold on we play the deciding game 3 on Tuesday away, with Mensah Bonsou back from injury today after not playing last game I'm confident we will win game 3.

The season should have never ended like this... Sakotas coaching performance the last month of the season was a joke.

As for the players they need to keep the good players and have them build some chemistry over the offseason which they didn't have this year. We should look to sign some veteran Greek players to help the team late in games with their experience, like Zisis and Bourousis. They know what it means to play for AEK which some of our current players do not understand.

Coach Sakota on the other hand well I say it's 50-50 he gets fired after the late season collapse

• 4 months later...

We lost to Aris in the quarter final of the Greek Cup 64-61. We played away from home, three of our important players like DJ Carter, Sakota, and Katsivelis were all out injured. Our starting center was signed on Tuesday and played on Wednesday night without practicing because we were that desperate. He didn't play well yesterday but from what I read he's a rebounding machine and lead the Italian league in rebounds two years in a row. Unfortunately I'm not so sure that this team is better than last year. We've lost every important game at the very end from mistakes by our coach Sakota, might need to replace him if he continues like this. We have a very easy schedule to start the year, there's no excuse not to win at least 7 of the first 8 games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to be a Debby Downer but its a ###### disgrace that we can't fill up OAKA for the best run AEK department at the moment. You have an owner shelling out cash to bring in paixtarades, and shows no signs of stopping, and we can't get 15-20,000 people into OAKA and turn it into hell. Disappointing. I hope things pick up fan wise as the team continues to shine.

I'm gonna quote this post from April because the same s%$#! is still going on. Aggelopoulos has dropped over 4 million into players for this team the past two years , paid off our debts, and bought Galatsi from government for 2 million euros so that we have a home court. The man has dropped around 9 million into this team, yet when we play a home game in Eurocup we only get 3,000 people to show up. Because some clowns at original want to protest the karta filathlo law that was passed, like the government gives a F*** if you go to the games malakes, the only people they are hurting our the team. Hopefully Aggelopoulos doesn't get pissed off soon and stops dropping money into this team because of the lack of fan support.

Wow didn't even notice this was up! I have to say what is happening in Basketball this year is so disappointing. Aggelopoulo has put his heart and soul into making AEK BC big again and oaka is empty every week. Wish we filled it with 20k to send him a message that we support what he is doing. 

Cooper is staying. We've lost our last three games, the Eurocup must win game we lost, we lost against Aris at home, and then we lost to Olympiakos' second team since they were missing 4 starters because of injuries! All those losses had two things in common, we played terrible defense, and we had no plan on offense other than "get the ball to Mavrokefalidis." All of those fall on Sakota, we have way too much talent to not be able to win a single big game or close game in over a year, Sakota needs to go.

Edited by Original 21

• 1 month later...

So much has gone down with this team that I can't even keep track of who we sign and who leaves. Cooper is already gone with his shitty attitude and he's been replaced by Dionte Christmas.

Sakota was thankfully fired and replaced with a very good coach but there's only so much he can do with a team that doesn't know how to play defense. We've lost every single big game this year, we will be lucky to finish 4th after the playoffs. We have no chemistry so hopefully the coach can salvage the season and build a core of players that will be around next season. I hope Mavrokefalidis stays, if he leaves we are screwed.

• Like it 1

• 3 months later...

Huge win today against PAOK in Thessaloniki. Part of me knew we would be able to force the third game, when we're in form we can definitely keep up with PAOK. Third match back in Athens, a little more than a week from now. We definitely have a chance but we give PAOK an inch of space and they'll make us pay, especially if Vasieliadis is having a good game. 

• 6 months later...