Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Olympiacos

athinaios

In the aftermath of the derby:

*Valverde wants to leave Greece

*Jesualdo want to leave Greece

*Half of PAO wants to leave Greece

Now, if we can only get the hooligans, responsible for everything that happened in OAKA, to meet our politicians and the troika... :D

Do you think the league reflects Greek society? Here's a sport that every Greek is familiar with, at some point most Greeks have watched games, cared about a team, and the sport overall has had been an institution in Greece. It has been controlled by Greeks alone, so no one can claim control by "foreign agents" or "sabotage by the enemies of Greece."

I think you know what I'm saying.

I've lost interest. Crappy all around. Even for those of us who like soccer/football watching those games isn't fun. So, what's left? Trading insults? Fighting like primitive savages?

Tsk..

The athletic judge has spoken:

PAO gets 4 home games without fans, -3 this season and -2 the following season plus a huge fine of ?252,500! :o

I have said this before, I have always been against that...

Why does the Team(s) have to suffer for the fans (mis)behaviour?

If this happened in North America, the police (or some kind of authority) would round them up and charge them and throw them into jail/prison...

Not charge/suspend the teams!!! :nono:

That is so retarted! :blink:

Politicians in Greece have no true power and no B*lls... Halia! :angry:

PAO gets 4 home games without fans, -3 this season and -2 the following season plus a huge fine of ?252,500!  :o

If this happened in North America, the police (or some kind of authority) would round them up and charge them and throw them into jail/prison...

Just to follow up,

what I meant to say was, that in Greece they don't have proper rules & laws (not powers) and if they did, they obviously don't follow through with them...

PAO gets 4 home games without fans, -3 this season and -2 the following season plus a huge fine of ?252,500!  :o

I agree; and how many more examples do these morons need? Punishing the teams for the behavior of a handful of hooligans has not improved or solved

a damn thing!

Agreed. Knowing that there are hooligans who don't give a damn about the game or a team, they're the root of the problem, along with the incompetent leadership in every level of Greek society.

Anyone could hire (or give them drugs to get high) a few troublemakers and unleash them against any team to create violence, etc. Then that team gets punished.

Personally, I've lost interest with all this. This is not a serious league to follow and care when factors outside the playing field become more important in determing the outcome. And, with a very few exceptions, 99% of the time, I don't even enjoy watching a game because it's crappy.

Which reasonable person would now go to see a Greek league game? Let alone to bring his young kid along?

They've killed the sport.

Sadly, this situation reflects the rot that exists everywhere. Because, it's not Merkel, the IMF, the foreign enemies of Greece that have brought this league down. It's been controlled entirely by Greeks, on every level.

Archived