Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Rubin Kazan

Irlandos

I was working today so I only saw the highlights... Wow Carroll made some really spectacular saves even when he got injured.

Now Olympiakos has two good goalies (with Meyeri) that they can rely on.

Rubin Kazan had some good chances especially in the second half, but fortunately Caroll was there to stop them! :tup:

Metalist is up next... any thoughts?

In Russia Olympiakos were superb! Could've won by at least 2 and killed the tie off. In the first half Olympiakos were wasteful once more today. In the 2nd they were terrible! Even in the first when they played well the high defensive line was very disorganised! Not impressive defensively at all. Metalist are superb on the counter and move the ball at pace. They have a couple of good south americans that can cause plenty of problems so Olympiakos will have to be on top form. Metalist are better than Kazan and I fear Olympiakos might underestimate them, like they did against ASSE a few years ago. In summary i'll say this, Olympiakos at its best will probably get through narrowly. If Olympiakos are off their best, I expect Metalist to win. It's a tough tie.

One more point to make, 3 years ago Olympiakos looked promising in Europe (before going out to ASSE). They beat Benfica 5-1 and Hertha 4-0. Metalist were also in Olympiakos' group that year though, and the Ukranians won 1-0 at home. This is not an easy game

Archived