Phantis Forums

Rubin Kazan - Olympiakos

Irlandos

this is a very good drawy for olympiakos...rubin are a good side but very beatable...

they should be making it to the round of 8 bc if they progress past rubin, which they should, they face the winner or metalistv v salzburg...both teams i believe are at a lower level then both rubin and oly...

...they should be making it to the round of 8 bc if they progress past rubin, which they should, they face the winner or metalistv v salzburg...both teams i believe are at a lower level then both rubin and oly...

I agree with you there :)

Yes it is a good decent draw. The only concern Valverde has I believe, is that it will be in the midst of winter in Russia, so there is a concern with the very cold weather.

Otherwise, they should advance and with the following round it does look favourable against Metalist or Salzburg.

This will be a great opportunity to at least accumulate UEFA points, much like Pao has done in the past via UEFA League (now Europa).

One thing is for sure, it will be a tiring few months for Olympiakos, with the Europa League, Super League and the Greek Cup competition.

i think a left back is needed because marcano is a bum. other than that olymp have a very good team this year. fetfa needs to play more though and maniatis should be starting in centre mid

I personally am not fond of Marcano. I prefer they play Zaradoukas or the younger Valerianos. We need more Greek players to play and develop! :gr:

zaradouka was not signed for the purpose of playing regularly at olympiakos...he was signed so that aek, pao or paok would not get him...

valverde never rated him..as we suspected, he has gotten no time, even with holebas out...

That's just a real shame... :tdown: I feel sorry for the player.

• 1 month later...

The first game of Olympiakos' encounter with Rubin Kazan will be played tomorrow, 14 February 2012 (13:00 GR) in Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia.

The temperature in Moscow is below freezing which, we hope, will motivate Olympiakos' players to run.

Had the day off today so got to watch the match, Olympaikos were superb, particularly in the first half. Looking like a good side this year I must say. Where's Fetfa though? Is he injured or has he just been dropped?

I saw a bit of the game myself before going to work and they did play well.

Caroll made an amazing save coming in, off the bench after Meyeri was red carded.

Fetfatzidis as far as I know is well, but since we got Kazim he hasn't played...

even before kazim came to the club, fetfa was not playing. he is not, and will never get the right amount of playing time under valverde. his only hopes to improve as a player is if the manager leaves, or he takes a transfer outside of greece. so far he has 9 starts this season in all competitions (8 league, 1 cup). with 16 appearances in all (13 league, 1 cup, 2 europe) for a total of 924 minutes (819 league, 90 cup, 15 europe)

i dont know how long it will take oly fans to realize that valverde has no intention of developing young greek players or even playing many of them. he let the best youth player oly has produced in recent history (k. papadopoulos) slip through his fingers and i can see the same thing happening to fetf.

Archived