Phantis Forums

Kerkyra - PAO 0-2

Irlandos

I missed the game because this freakin Irene messed things up around here. No power until Thu they tell us :angry:

There was no other result but a win for PAO if the team, no the club, was to sta competitive this season. Now there will be a break, and hopefully PAO will come back stronger.

I read that there was an awful first half, but the second was much better.

Normally Pana becomes unstuck against teams like Kerkira. However this is a season for them. They do not have to worry about Europe and just have the league. They need to pick up maximum points against teams like Kerkira and approach one game at a time.

Also a good chance to bring in some young talent which sadly in Greece is being replaced by signing players offshore who end up being poor for the teams. If they can sign some young offshore stars who are upcoming would be better than spending money on players passed their used by date.

I still think Cisse scoring prowess will be missed and if he stayed a few more seasons could have made a big difference.

Anyway a good start

<_< This is why Greek football will never really prosper because fans can't be honest. It's always a tit-for-tat type scenario where everyone claims to be a victim. The tug occurred outside of the box (got to 2:19 of the link below and pause it and you will see it). Zeca then decided to make the most of it by throwing himself to the floor. Then the defender's momentum meant that he tripped over Zeca, who was already on the floor. (pause it at 2:20 to see that too). And a penalty was awarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLN0ZZrlxk

The fact is this team is poor and we needed a poor penalty decision to break them down, a team that is going to really struggle to survive this season. Then we scored a freak goal in injury time. It's not as if we carved them open to score. We are going to seriously struggle this season

thats a penalty 8 out of 10 times in any league in this world...i am being honest, ive always seen things on an even keel so dont speak to me like that...im not some blind hooligan w only green eyes so dont lump me into that category and make insulting comments...watch your mouth...

im not going to reply to whatever your next comment is going to be, so please dont bother...but do not insult me.

as far as the game goes, i think it is important to focus on the good, sure ninis goal was strange, but most players would not have even chased that play, you dont get goals, unless you hustle for them, i am happy to see him working hard, regardless of whether the goal is a beautiful volley or a crazy deflection...we need to try and stay positive and see the positive aspect of things if us pao fans want to survive through the season...we need to build from the ground up...i have hope for the team, even if it is small..we have won championships with worst rosters and worst managers..anything is possible..

this comment is tied into the last but in a different aspect...the aura of negativity from the management and most importantly the fans, needs to change..this is funny bc ferriera mentioned something like this in a recent interview and hes only been here for less than a year...that is not to say i am happy with the state of affairs at the club, but instead of the bitching, the fans have to get behind the team, this constant negativity has to change from everyone if we want to have a champion mentality...somehow over the years we have developed a very loser, bashing and finger pointing mentality that is detrimental to long term development of the club and its philosophy...im not saying we as fans should not be critical, but there is a way to make the critique positive...reading throughout the blogs, websites and fan commentary, it appears that pao fans just simply believe they are losers and everyone appears to be a gavro in disguise..every second post is a complaint, or bitching, or the club/players/manager suck bc of this this and this..mizeria einai and im sick of it all...

for instance this rudolf signing..i was reading one all pao website and there were over 100 posts that sounded something like this "this guy is a loser, another terrible signing, oust" so before we even see him play (which im sure 99% of those fans had never seen him in action) we already develop a negative viewpoint and atmosphere...and those will be the same fans that will call him a god if he scored the winner against oly....something wrong with this picture???

most fans dont realize this, but we are also to blame for the state of the club and the negative effect we have on the mentality of our players and organization in general....always miiiizzeerrriiiaaaa...its time that we, together and unified, get behind the team and turn this mentality around, bc we will go nowhere with the attitude that we have....

sorry for the long post, these are just some thoughts that have been brewing in my head over the last couple of years, i hope others see it as well.. :)

thats a penalty 8 out of 10 times in any league in this world...i am being honest, ive always seen things on an even keel so dont speak to me like that...im not some blind hooligan w only green eyes so dont lump me into that category and make insulting comments...watch your mouth...

im not going to reply to whatever your next comment is going to be, so please dont bother...but do not insult me.

What on earth are you talking about? At what point did i insult you? Were you upset by me saying?

"This is why Greek football will never really prosper because fans can't be honest. It's always a tit-for-tat type scenario where everyone claims to be a victim"

How is this implying that you're a hooligan? I'm simply saying that all Greek fans seem to feel like victims of refereeing decisions. They look for "conspiracies" where they don't always exist. If this same thing happened at Olympiakos would you say it was a penalty? Furthermore how could it possibly be a penalty when the tug happened outside the box? In 10 out 10 leagues in the world this is not a penalty because the foul didn't occur in the box.

watch your mouth...

Are you for real? :blink: Is this supposed to be intimidating?

Jeez someone would have thought i insulted your family or something. I'm merely saying it's important for us not to be biased, we were poor and got a ridiculous penalty decision. It is IMPOSSIBLE for it to be a penalty if the foul occurred outside the box. If you feel insulted by that then that's your problem, i will not apologise for something as trivial as that

Archived