Phantis Forums

Aris-Panathinaikos

pao123

scheduling conflicts are over and the game will take place on saturday as it should before a european week..gilberto and cisse are both going to be fit...we may also see a part played by garcia.

bad news is spyropoulos was injured at the NT and will miss this game. it looks like nioplias may use vyntra on the left...i would have liked to see ioannidis but it seems like it might be a bit too early to just throw him into the fire...kante on the left and katsouranis as a CB is an option as well...

hopefully no one gets injured at the NT and we will almost be at full strength...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro i dont know if you saw vyntra at left back last year but he was actually quite good...i dont mind seeing him there at all and marinos getting in on the right...

lazaros cannot play at a lone striker...as a SS or winger yes, but he doesnt have the attributes to play up there on his own...govou is a better option as he has played the position before..beside, lazaro is injured and has been for all of preseason...i hope he returns quick because he could definitly offer the team some good stuff..

there are reports that we may see luis garcia in the starting 11 to rest ninis a bit...karagounis is also declared fully fit for the game and plessis is also traveling with the team...

there is a battle between simao-kats, kara-ninis-garcia, for the other starting spots...

I did see him, but being "quite good" in a few games doesn't mean he's comfortable in the spot all of a sudden and he's certainly better on the right. Of course desperate times call for desperate measures but this is one of the toughest fixtures on the domestic calendar and if Cuper is clever and decides to switch Calvo to the right and we have him running at Vintra i will not be confident. I'm not saying he'll get ripped, but he just doesn't inspire confidence either.

he has played the position enough times to know how to play it...every time he has filled in there he has been good..

and calvo is not playing...vyntra is quicker and a better one on one marker than spyropoulos anyway.. in my opnion he is better qualified to mark a quick winger then spyro who has the advantage of being very good when attacking but poor on his man marking...vyntra doesnt having the attacking capabilities and gets caught out alot less then spyro who runs the whole line...

the truth is the only time i am NOT comfortable with vyntra is with the ball at his feet...otherwise his defending is very good, people like giving him slack but the truth is he was, next to cisse, our MVP last year...

Vyntra played as an LB under Peseiro and it was the only time I saw him every match day and was suprised that he was not playing awful.

I'm not opposed to Ioannidis, but Vyntra as an LB is a fine option.

The worst case scenario is Vyntra as an RB, and then move Kante on the left, Sariegui as a CB. Its better to fit Marinos in there, and let Vyntra or Ioannidis take on the left

Tough game, especially because many players will be thinking the Barca game.

I'm a believer in momentum, so I'd like the team to go out for a win. Euro games have their own dynamics but coming to Nu Camp from a win against a strong team will help.

I think we'll see a scrappy game. Fortunately, and if we've learned from last season, we should win this kind of game.

Greetings Pao123 and everyone :)

Good penalty won by Vintra. I can understand the commentators saying they don't see anything, but I suspect they are looking for blatant tripping. Javito leaned on Vintra form behind in a way that his feet would impede his progress. Watch how Javito runs on a diagonal, towards the goaline and through Vintra. Sure he was just hopping to slow him down, but it's careless play and the correct call.

We'll hear a lot about it of course, but I don't have any second thoughts.

I don't think Ninis is capable of moving into centre-midfield and dictating the play. He's an impact player. To get more of the ball i feel as though we need to be more compact and push up as a unit. Either way, so far we've been far from impressive and if we're honest it was a very soft penalty we were awarded.

Hey Cyber! How you doing? Where have you disappeared to?

Cyber, come on, if Olympiakos were given that penalty everyone would be screaming "conspiracy". It was not a pen

i dont think he should move into a CM position, i just think he should be playing off of cisse, not next to him, that is where he is most effective in my opinion...our possesion is weak and we need an outlet player to play through...right now they are winning the ball easily right above our midfield bc we dont have any plyers in that area to possess the ball, let our team move forward together and distribute play...

it was a penalty...maybe not a blatant trip but javito caught vyntra up in the box...it was careless defending from him..

well, it's been a busy (and very interesting) summer. I lingered in a few other cafeterias as well, but I am looking forward to the season now.

About the penalty, I've seen players do this move (running on a diagonal in way that their feet will tangle with an opponent from behind as they run behind) everywhere on the field. It's a clever last ditch effort to impede the ball carrier once he is past them. I think its always a foul when the ball carrier finally trips and falls. Same thing happened with Ninis (on his 20m shot) when a yellow player tried to slow him down from behind with the same technique, but Ninis didn't fall and took the shot.

Does it look soft? maybe. I still think it was a deliberate attempt at tripping from behind though.

Archived