Phantis Forums

AEK ATHENS DOWN UNDER

Cerigo

For those AEK fans in Australia great news!! AEK will be taking part in a 4 team pre-season tournament in Sydney with Sydney FC, Blackburn and Rangers in late July.

The matches will be played as double-headers and are as follows:

Sunday 25 July:

Game 1 at 12:45pm – Sydney FC v AEK Athens FC

Game 2 at 3pm – Blackburn Rovers v Glasgow Rangers

Wednesday 28 July:

Game 3 at 6pm – AEK Athens FC v Blackburn Rovers

Game 4 at 8:15pm – Sydney FC v Glasgow Rangers

Saturday 31 July:

Game 5 at 5pm – AEK Athens FC v Glasgow Rangers

Game 6 at 7:15pm – Sydney FC v Blackburn Rovers

As Sydney has a large Greek population it is hoped that there will be a huge turn-out to see our team. :tup:

It is noteworthy that when AEK last toured Australia in 1979 Mimis Domazos was in the line up and Dusan Bajevic was playing up front!!!

• 1 month later...

I went to the AEK v Sydney game today n i must admit AEK played well... i was happy with a number of players... Lagos had a very good game at left back n Gentsoglou played very well defensive midfield...

Our keeper Arabatzis made a massive mistake, tried to dribble a sydney player in the 6 yard box n slipped n easiest tap in ever...

AEK dominated the game and should have won by more if they didnt give away a hand ball in penalty box n that mistake by arabatzis... overall game should have been 5-1... good hitout for aek

It is really nice to see Lymperopoulos has not forget his style and it is nice to see him in the yellow and black again.AEK quietly has become stronger than last year and i really expect to see a HECK a lot better team and performance from you guys this upcoming new season.

These next two games will be interesting to watch... they play blackburn wednesday night Australian Time and Rangers saturday night Australian Time... we do look weak at the back but upfront we punished every mistake sydney made... so lets see how our players play against two stronger sides

These next two games will be interesting to watch... they play blackburn wednesday night Australian Time and Rangers saturday night Australian Time... we do look weak at the back but upfront we punished every mistake sydney made... so lets see how our players play against two stronger sides

AEK may well be weak at the back, but in fairness to the Sydney match, 2 of those goal were gifts. Aside from Serbian national team players, who leads with their arm up while defending a corner? I bet you Kafes won't do that again.

Also Arabatzis clearly screwed up for that 2nd goal and I'm sure he wouldn't do that again in his career. He was way too casual and the slip doesn't help.

That's 2 gift goals.

You can argue that they were exposed for the last goal, but it's a pre-season friendly and it was in the 89th minute.

The match should have finished AEK 5 Sydney 1.

Every report I have read and even the Sydney manager himself has said that AEK totally outclassed them and that the score of 5-3 flattered them.

Good luck against Blackburn tomorrow.

Akritis_1944 if u saw from my earlier post i said AEK did gift two goals n the final result should have been 5-1.... But our defence looked weak in that match.

AEK 2-1 Blackburn

however in the match against Blackburn which just finished, WE WON 2-1... Our defence played well.... our backline today was Georgeas Mastorovic Dellas Lagos, they were much stronger then what our backline was in the first match which was Jahic Manolos Mastorovic lagos

even tho Dellas is old he has experience n can read the play very well...

Gentsoglou was replaced in first 11 today by Makos, gentsoglou played well against sydney and Makos played well today against blackburn...

All i see from AEK from the two games played in Australia is good signs... we look strong in the middle n the wings n upfront... our weak link is the defence but they did improve today....

What i noticed today is that we hold possession very well...

GOOD SIGNS

AEK were great tonight.

I believe at the end of the 1st half they had about 66% of the possesion and were leading 2 - 0.

They played on the counter in conditions that were very "English" with a lot of rain.

Burns had a hand in both goals. He looked sharp. Dellas read the game well but he is extremely slow. I am not sure he should be used as he has the potential to be really exposed against good teams.

I thought that Blackburn were stunned at how fluid AEK played.

Full credit to Dusan Bajevic for getting the squad in great condition.

Now on to Saturday's match.

I was at both games. AEK has been easily the most impressive team in this tournament although tonight's game against Blackburn was played in pretty bad conditions. The Rangers v Sydney FC game has just finished 0-0, by the way. AEK appears to be more fluent and cohesive in attack and their two goals against Blackburn were absolute gems. The game against Rangers will be interesting but I think AEK will prevail. I agree that Burns played well and I hope that he is kept in the squad. Dellas was slow to some balls but the ground was very wet and heavy under foot so he can be excused. Scocco has impressed the local media. Finally, all AEK supporters should be very proud of the hardcore supporters group who continually chanted and drummed their way through the game in the pouring rain. They never stiopped and their AEK chants sent shivers down my spine. In contrast, tHe small Blackburn supporters group never emerged from under their sheltered position in the stands and were hardly heard during the game. Honestly, as a Greek-Australian fan of AEK, I felt so exhilirated today! :D

I was at both games. AEK has been easily the most impressive team in this tournament although tonight's game against Blackburn was played in pretty bad conditions. The Rangers v Sydney FC game has just finished 0-0, by the way. AEK appears to be more fluent and cohesive in attack and their two goals against Blackburn were absolute gems. The game against Rangers will be interesting but I think AEK will prevail. I agree that Burns played well and I hope that he is kept in the squad. Dellas was slow to some balls but the ground was very wet and heavy under foot so he can be excused. Scocco has impressed the local media. Finally, all AEK supporters should be very proud of the hardcore supporters group who continually chanted and drummed their way through the game in the pouring rain. They never stiopped and their AEK chants sent shivers down my spine. In contrast, tHe small Blackburn supporters group never emerged from under their sheltered position in the stands and were hardly heard during the game. Honestly, as a Greek-Australian fan of AEK, I felt so exhilirated today! :D

Cerigo you were in the games??????Cool my man but where are the pictures???? :)

i was unable to watch the whole match yesterday but from what i saw we looked like we dominated, mind you i only saw 10 minutes when we scored the goal... it was a very nice goal by Burns, he has impressed this tourney....

im hoping we can play the way we have in this tourney in the league, by keeping the ball n putting pressure on the other team by not letting them have much space and always keeping the ball...

Congrats to AEK by winning every game

5-3 to sydney

2-1 to blackburn

1-0 to Rangers

Archived