Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Pas Giannena

Crazy

Olympiakos after our last league game failure has a really tough home game coming up that we NEED to win and play well for many and different reasons involving the championship but mostly our upcoming CL game.If we want to keep our slim chances for this year superleague trophy we need to get the 3 points and hope that Paok and Pao drop points in their away games against Aris and Asteras Tripolis.Also it is going be our last tune up game against the CL game against Bordeuax so i am really hoping not to see any more players getting injured in this one.I would like to see an easy 3-0 score but i see this game in the 1-0 range and last second almost heart-attack moments.

Olympiakos after our last league game failure has a really tough home game coming up that we NEED to win and play well for many and different reasons involving the championship but mostly our upcoming CL game.If we want to keep our slim chances for this year superleague trophy we need to get the 3 points and hope that Paok and Pao drop points in their away games against Aris and Asteras Tripolis.Also it is going be our last tune up game against the CL game against Bordeuax so i am really hoping not to see any more players getting injured in this one.I would like to see an easy 3-0 score but i see this game in the 1-0 range and last second almost heart-attack moments.

Welcome back Crazara ! ! ! :tup:

It is good to be back Genome.

Badovic propably will keep Datolo out for this game but we might actually see Dudu get some playing minutes so he can check to see if he is going to be ready for the upcoming CL game.

0 -1 37th minute

1 - 1 39th minute

Good to see we can score in the first half. We play very medioker as could be expected. I think we should prepare for Europa league next season. I think we'll end up third in the Superleague.

Yes, nice goal. PAS's goal was lucky.

Melberg has to calm down or he'll see another red card.

PAS will go out for at least a tie and Oly, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tie. If oly doesn't score another one, they may be surprised.

End of the game, 2-2.

It's over for Olympiakos this year, imho.

It's been over for a long time already. Ever since we lost Galletti and our owner dicided to sack our way out of Europe and the Prothathlima. We are not only the joke of Europe but even in Greece we embaress ourselves. The only way this could get any worse is if we dont make it to the final four in basket :angry:

The only thing in worse shape than our football team would be our phantis forum :P

I saw parts of the game and Olympiakos still has some moves up front, but their midfield and defense is very shaky.

These were not lucky goals PAS scored. The turned the ball around at will until they got an open shot. The defenders were launging with last minute ditch efforts. Besides, PAS missed some amazing chances to score two or three in the last 15 minutes when Olympiakos players could barely walk on the pitch.

Ketspagia denied it, but he did condition the players lightly on purpose. Knowing a little about conditioning from my old track and field years I know that heavy conditioning that can serve players for a along season, results in short term muscle tightness. Ketspagia wanted to make sure his team was loose for the CL qualifiers, knowing that if he didn't make it he would be toast. He did the same last year in Cyprus and stunned both Oly and PAO. His plan worked in the CL, but it backfired in Greece (BTW, Anorthosi deflated last year too after their stunning CL run).

Yes, Nikopolidis should have seen the red card but then he would not be eligible for the game against PAO next week. There were a couple red shirts in the vicinity so the ref thought he had an excuse. Besides, Nikopolids is the sacred cow of Greek football :LOL:

Anyway, Olympiakos is out of contention. Technically they can still hope if they win at OAKA, but the way they play they will be dropping more points in the next few games.

Had he gotten a red, he would have missed the game against PAO! ;)

I hadn't thought of that :P

I also didn't think of the points you're making about conditioning Cyber. Very clever. But don't get too carried away about them being out of it, we still have to beat Asteras

Another normal average to bad performance and the say bye-bye to this years title moment.Now Olympiakos must focus on the last remaining 3 purposes of the year.Have a good game against Bordeaux,beat Panathinaikos and get the 1st spot in the upcoming paly-offs.Nothing more-mothing less.

Archived