Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Standard Liege

trifilli

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the truth is i knew we would lose this game...our mind and focus should be on the prothlima and kypello...i dont mind this loss all too much...

its no time for the fans to turn on the team though...

wait you beat the better and stronger team Roma but then say,ok that is enough,lets lose to Standard Liege??I find that hard to believe.
your probably the only one who finds it hard to believe.
it seems that way doesnt?

I personally enjoy watching the antiestablishment, anti-globalisation, pro-peace, oneworld, greenpower, anti-IMF, demonstrations, under the politically powerful messages of: Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy No 1, mixed in with some Zappa!

Their messages are quite relevant to the economic/moral collapse of today's politics.

When it comes to PAO games however, nothing better than the old..."Syllogos megalos den yparxei allos..."

followed by Queen's timeless anthem "We are the Champions" at the final whistle.

Prior to each half, to get fired up, I would recommend for your listening enjoyment the "melow sounds" of fine music from:

Sabbath, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Sex Pistols, Anti-Nowhere League

with songs as:

Paranoid, Highway Star, Iron Fist, No Remorse, Blitzkrieg, The Trooper, Skin of my teeth, So what...

After an exhausting event nothing better than

"No Quarter" from the ZEPP, or "Astronomy" from BOC.

Before sleep John Coltrane for sure :)

Back to the PAO game.

There is a general strike :tdown: on Thurs.+PAO = CHAOS ( XAOS ) :ph34r:

No Public transportation, no planes

I will have to walk home after the game!

The Standard fans will have to stay overnight :whistle:

Greek Banks made billions of Euros in 2009!!! :blink:

Greece is borrowing trillions from the IMF, US, Eurozone at 6.6%

WAKE UP :angry:

PEACE

Love that post! :tup: Good to see fellow fans have good taste in music.

the truth is i knew we would lose this game...our mind and focus should be on the prothlima and kypello...i dont mind this loss all too much...

its no time for the fans to turn on the team though...

wait you beat the better and stronger team Roma but then say,ok that is enough,lets lose to Standard Liege??I find that hard to believe.
keep in mind Kavala beat us at home the match before we beat Roma, and we'd thrown a +8 league lead straight into the toilet. Aside from Roma's luck, we've folded in front of practically all decent competition and higher level matches this season.

well, we managed to screw up a perfectly good European season by being way too casual and careless on defense. We know our defenders have a hard time defending when isolated we should be protecting them.

Anyway, the first goal was pretty pathetic. Witsel jumped with two defenders around and Galinovic watching. The second was just plain stupid.

Now Simao is ejected. We finish with 9 players. At least we have one more game to play so he will be available for the first European game next season.

Embarasing night. That's all I have to say about this one. I hope the players forget about it and move on. Asteras stumble we can't afford. At least we won't be resting players for Standard and and the Standard game won't be much influence on the game against the reds.

It sucks saying goodbye to Europe.

well. i'll always believe we can win the next one, but, to be fair, pao was psyched out by the media, hands down, the "belgan" media can wank themselves over this match for the week, hopefully we destroy asteras and come into the next game with a bit more heart, 2-0 it wont be enough but we'll have some dignaty left bofre the crucial derby.

though, i must admit i was suprised the fans didnt go bananas and start disrupitng the game themselves, actually, i revoke that prediction we'll win 4-1 in belgum, they were playing cowardly football, i believe ....

we need to win 3-0 in Blegium or 4-1. Its not likely, and I think its totally the only intelligent thing to do as a coach is to NOT pursue it.

OSFP is 3 days after Belgium match. This game saw tons of cards, rash tackles and possibly even injury. To put players stamina and health at risk over a game thats OVER that 3 days before the single most important game of the entire season IMO would deserve to lose his job. Its over tonight, I'd like to see Karnezis, Petropoulos, Seitaridis, Bjarsmur and a full 2nd team in Belgium.

forget it

just send the youth team to belgium and concentrate on asteras and osfp

there much bigger games

idiots

i knew this would happen..i completely agree with PAO_OR_DEATH, the media had a big say in the way the team mentally prepared for this game. saying it would be 6 games till the final and each one of them is a formality.

wat the hell has happened in 2010 to pao?

draws at aris, aek, defeat to kavala, paok, standard

even the cup games we struggled to win

i think this season in particularly ive shed 10 years of my life expectancy thanks to this team

well, our hopes are slim but we can't put PAO's history on the line. We don't want to be embarassed.

We should be looking for an honorable way out. Besides, we can only rest so many players before it gets dangerous.

But I do agree that we need to focus on the game with Olympiakos. With Nioblias on the bech we have not won against a team that features above mid-table. Asteras is half way below that (that's good), but Olympiakos is way above that. It will be a test.

To be honest, I hope Aris thrashes PAOK this weekend to get it over with so the game against the reds is not such a do or die. Anything can happen in games like that and a couple of bad breaks or screw-ups can put you behind by a couple like it happened today.

This was completely unacceptable. Disgusting performance with the same weaknesses that we've had all season. I'd like to see what the anti-ten cate, pro-Nioblias groups have to say about the goals we conceded today? 2 on the counter. Just like Galatasary, just like Atletico, Prague, Kavala, etc.

On numerous occassions today we were in a position where our 2 centre-backs were so high up that they were on the half way line and the full backs no where to be seen. Are they kidding us? All it takes is one long ball over the top and we're going to get ripped. We do not have the individual pace or collective unity to play such a high line. This should have been the first thing Nioblias addressed because it was such a clear weakness.

On an individual note, nobody played well. Karagounis showed heart but looked dead after the 53rd min (he was on for 8 mins!) raising huge questions about the teams fitness. Salpi also showed heart but he was ineffective.

Everyone else deserves major criticism. Gilberto was appalling as was the entire backline. Ninis didn't do anything right. Leto was dumb. Cisse isolated and anonymous and Simao didn't do his job properly either. While, Darlas and Galinovic should not be part of this squad anymore. We've thrown away our best chance of success in Europe we reached the semi final of the uefa cup.

:tdown: :tdown:

Guys, many games develop a different dynamic after one team scores so early. It was 100% Gali's fault not to get the air ball in his own small box. That was the game right there.

I agree with those who said let's forget the game in Belgium. One win there and maybe we get ... what? But, 3 days later if we lose it's heart attack time. Let's be honest about these priorities.

Beef up the defense and see them in the CL next season.

After all these years of NOTHINGNESS, I'll be very happy with attaining the 2 remaining goals!

alright..we lost, we deserved to lose, the game was off from the beginning...but the fact is we need to be positive and move on..i would rather have the result vs standard then vs asteras this weekend so i hope we just pick our heads up and move on...of course there is always a chance but i dont think we were not going to win the europa league this year and as much as i would hate to go out to a team like standard, we need to win the protathlima...had we won it over the past years my opinion may have been alittle different, but we are desperate for a title and to say the europa league was an 100% realistic goal would be alittle silly...

so, this is football, these things happend, other then kavala this is the only actual BAD BAD BAD performace we have had in the last couple months where we lost...things happen, we need to keep our heads high and move on...the fans need to get behind the team dispite this result...i want a packed crowd for the derby and the players hungry which i think they will be...we need to win the double this year...this is our chance..thats the goal, everything else in my eyes is a bonus, especially in the uefa cup and especially after the roma results...the double is what i want and that is what the team needs...

lets get behind the team and help guide them to two titles...

Scandalous guys espescially in oaka against how liege salt rubbed right in the wounds very dissapointed flying the greek flag for the rest of us.

Beat one of the elite clubs in the world and get spanked by a belgium club WOW!!!!!!!!

chin up miracles can come true :blink:

This was completely unacceptable. Disgusting performance with the same weaknesses that we've had all season. I'd like to see what the anti-ten cate, pro-Nioblias groups have to say about the goals we conceded today? 2 on the counter. Just like Galatasary, just like Atletico, Prague, Kavala, etc.

On numerous occassions today we were in a position where our 2 centre-backs were so high up that they were on the half way line and the full backs no where to be seen. Are they kidding us? All it takes is one long ball over the top and we're going to get ripped. We do not have the individual pace or collective unity to play such a high line. This should have been the first thing Nioblias addressed because it was such a clear weakness.

On an individual note, nobody played well. Karagounis showed heart but looked dead after the 53rd min (he was on for 8 mins!) raising huge questions about the teams fitness. Salpi also showed heart but he was ineffective.

Everyone else deserves major criticism. Gilberto was appalling as was the entire backline. Ninis didn't do anything right. Leto was dumb. Cisse isolated and anonymous and Simao didn't do his job properly either. While, Darlas and Galinovic should not be part of this squad anymore. We've thrown away our best chance of success in Europe we reached the semi final of the uefa cup.

:tdown: :tdown:

I'm not sure what you mean, the defense was also in the realm of completely unacceptable and horrendous under Ten Cate. :huh: Its been a pretty embarassing European season for us, Roma aside.

I have to agree with everything else. Darlas needs to be off the team. Galinovic this should be his last game wtih PAO. Its seriously better that Karnezis plays in Liege.

One error, we were only last in the semi finals in 95---and that was the CL B)

We did get very close in the Final 8 lost to Mourinho's FC Porto in OT back in 2002 or 2003...I honestly beleive that matchup should have been the UEFA Cup Final, PAO was the only real competition FC Porto had that year, and we were just having horrid luck to lose to them.

As for the 2nd match with Liege, theres absolutley no reason to take it seriously. Its not worth blowing the game with OSFP over, especially when we concede like an open gate, theres not really any chance of winning 3-0 or 4-1, and it wouldnt be worth the effort and risk injury before playing OSFP (winner goes through to the quarterfinals--not exactly super important), which we really want that win more than anything. Especially seeing how rough the last game got with tackles, it'd be tragically stupid to put our best on the field to go for a mission impossible so we can go to the final 16 of EUROPA league. Its really no difference.

Seeing how terrible we'd been in Europe this season, reaching the Final 16 was about as high as my expecations could have been anyways had you asked back in the Fall.

Archived