Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Standard Liege

trifilli

From what i heard and read, I believe we will see Kara, Leto and Spyro on the bench...

Kats is out with cards.

I understand the way u question Tzorva at times Cyber... and that u worry he may cost us in big games...

But.. Roma.. were big games. The two games vs Ukrain.. were big games.. and he was very good in thosegames.

Every keeper makes mistakes... If we sit and analyze keepers the way we analyze our own.. we will find flaws in all of them... There is no perfection...

Tzorva lacks the experience .. HE is slowly getting it though... And that will only make him improve...

Do u remember how poor nikopolidi was when he was 27?

Back to the game....I also believe we wont be tested too much.... I think Standard will sit back and try to contain... the way they did in Karaiskaki.. and try to get a 0 and maybe a goal on the counter..

Obviously a quick goal for us will help us..

But im very comfortable thinking, if we win tomorrows game.. we should get by in Belgium..

My predicton

2-0 (Cisse, Ruka)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a real bad feeling about this game

we are building it up in such a way where the media think quarterfinals is a sure thing and a formality

i hope nioplias prepares the players mentally for this

the starting XI does not worry me. I think in terms of quality and talent our squad is capable. im worried how they will approach this mentally.

im afraid 1-1 for me

I agree. I'd like to see a nice 2-0 win but I think it will be 0-0 or 1-1.

Does anyone know what Greek tv channel will show this game?

ANT1 shows all the Europa matches.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the pessimism about the results. This is STANDARD LIEGE. Theyre not horrible but there definitley not spectacular, we've played much, better teams this season such as Roma, Galatasaray and Atletico Madrid etc.

I fully expect the team to dominate the match in OAKA. If we play our game will likely win. If we slag around with long balls for 90 mins we could fall to a tie or loss depending on Standard.

Their central defender Steven Defour, who has a Greek girlfriend btw, will be playing on painkillers. The Belgian press is writing about how Standard will have to come out strong in "the hell of Athens" to get any sort of result, and mention that no Belgian team has ever won on Greek soil against Panathinaikos. The previous six games ended up as three draws and three wins for Panathinaikos.

Reports also mention that, due to the strike on Greek airports, at least one flight which had 500 Standard supporters on board has been cancelled. The Standard fans that did reach Athens also experience problems reaching the stadium as public transport is also on strike (and so are the cabs apparently).

Source and full article in Flemish.

well it appears the flems are trying to prepare for some sort of media masterbation over this game, all about how the strike is on and their star is sick etc, wankers. this is a typical australian technique, make it out like your team is s%$#! and when they win u can have a big wank over it.....however, i hope that PAO doesnt fall into this bs, plays hard and with real PAO heart in oaka and demoralises them 4-0, yip 4-0 my prediction. cisse will get a hatrick.

HORTO MAGIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOSE MOY LIGO GIA NA PIW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well it appears the flems are trying to prepare for some sort of media masterbation over this game, all about how the strike is on and their star is sick etc, wankers. this is a typical australian technique, make it out like your team is s%$#! and when they win u can have a big wank over it.....however, i hope that PAO doesnt fall into this bs, plays hard and with real PAO heart in oaka and demoralises them 4-0, yip 4-0 my prediction. cisse will get a hatrick.

HORTO MAGIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOSE MOY LIGO GIA NA PIW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard is from the Walloon region of Belgium, not the Flemish. I just got the article from Flemish media because I'm not into reading it all in French :D.

But you are right PAO OR DEATH. There is no reason for PAO to take any of this into account, they just have to go in and play hard. I'm already a bit disappointed of reports from Greek media that say that PAO will be playing for the 1-0 with the emphasis on defense.

Reports also mention that, due to the strike on Greek airports, at least one flight which had 500 Standard supporters on board has been cancelled. The Standard fans that did reach Athens also experience problems reaching the stadium as public transport is also on strike (and so are the cabs apparently).

Source and full article in Flemish.

What a shame for Greece. Thats 500 hotel nights the Athenian economy misses out on...and this is stuff that happens all the time lately. Not to mention tons of other flights.

But hey, Greek people want to make things worse and strike against having to pay for the debts their years of striking and protesting have helped create urging the government to spend money it never had have to appease their totally unsustainable demands.....

I forgot that all transport is on strike...

I think its fair to say we can expect a small turnout tonight, being its Standard Liege on public TV, the train is not running, many likely wont bother showing up aside from those with cars and mixanakia...

i didnt even realise they spoke different languages there, i heard they spoke some mix of dutch and french labbeld flemmish but thats probably bs, u learn something new every day dont u...

Yeah it's not a mix at all :). I live in Antwerp (in Flanders, where the Flemish live) and the language "Flemish" is basically just Dutch, with a slight difference in pronunciation (Dutch and Belgian people understand eachother perfectly because it is the same language really, it's like the difference between someone talking Greek with an Athenian accent and with an accent from say Kefalonia).

The Walloon part speaks French. The Brussels part is bilingual (Flemish/Dutch and French).

Sorry for the boring lesson everyone :D. Back on topic. Drakos you are very right in saying that these are 500 hotel nights the Athenian economy misses out on. People go on strike because they want more and more for doing less and less, but it just won't work that way. This is damaging the economy and Greece even more.

PAO should come out strong and not play for the 1-0 like I read on numerous Greek sites. Standard should not be underestimated because they are a good side, but in the end it is not Atletico, Galatasaray or Roma...

Yeah it's not a mix at all :). I live in Antwerp (in Flanders, where the Flemish live) and the language "Flemish" is basically just Dutch, with a slight difference in pronunciation

Definitley they have a different accent. They also say "diddly" in between words quite a lot and that helps distinguishing them from the Dutch.

Posted Image

:P

BTW ---- as far as the game is concerned, isnt this sort of a big match for the Greek league as were in close rankings competitions with Belgian league i think...?

The lineup is posted at http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/match...1&match=2000943

--------------Galinovic-------------

Vintra---Sariegi---Kante--Darlas

--------Simao---Gilberto--------

Roukavina----Ninis-----Leto

-----------Cisse-----------------

Bench (so you guys don't scream "put Spyropoulos in"): Karnezis, Salpi, Lazaros, Bjarsmyr, Marinos, Karagounis, Cleyton

As for the Belgians, one of their politicians (or reporter - can't remember) said something demeaning about Greece on the "economy-going-south" occasion, that got me going last week. So I began looking for the Belgian cultural and economic contributions to the world compared to the Greek ones (I know, I know, I am like the big fat greek wedding guy) and I burst out laughing when my wife said "do they even have their own language"? :LOL:

Yeah, stupid, I know. If Genome lives there it's probably a very nice place with really good people. I even hear they have a nice beer with a girl's name (something Stella) and they drink it in a wine glass :)

The lineup is posted at http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/match...1&match=2000943

--------------Galinovic-------------

Vintra---Sariegi---Kante--Darlas

--------Simao---Gilberto--------

Roukavina----Ninis-----Leto

-----------Cisse-----------------

Bench (so you guys don't scream "put Spyropoulos in"): Karnezis, Salpi, Lazaros, Bjarsmyr, Marinos, Karagounis, Cleyton

As for the Belgians, one of their politicians (or reporter - can't remember) said something demeaning about Greece on the "economy-going-south" occasion, that got me going last week. So I began looking for the Belgian cultural and economic contributions to the world compared to the Greek ones (I know, I know, I am like the big fat greek wedding guy) and I burst out laughing when my wife said "do they even have their own language"? :LOL:

Yeah, stupid, I know. If Genome lives there it's probably a very nice place with really good people. I even hear they have a nice beer with a girl's name (something Stella) and they drink it in a wine glass :)

I've actually been told Stella Artois is considered Belgian piss in Belgium. I rate it just ok, more drinkable than a fair amount of European beers, and about all of American beers...

BTW theyre famous for being the inventors/masterminds behind "French Fries" and belgian style "frittes" are pretty incredible. But sounds like a nice place, probably very expensive but I'd sure like to visit it.

BTW the commentary is in ENGLISH....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I will go into the Belgian beers after the game.

But first let me say I just laughed my ass off after hearing they got English commentators! :LOL:

Good for them though, no need to see the game all silently because some people decide to strike, AGAIN!

Great atmosphere it seems! :tup:

ELLA RE PAO FOR GREECE ! :gr: :tup: :gr:

Archived