Phantis Forums

PAS Giannena - Olympiakos

Irlandos

Well, today another contender for the title managed a draw with one of the presumably lesser teams.

I am waiting with bated breath for new reports: Who, when, and where suffered an incontinent sexual arousal and what parts of his anatomy were involved.

As for the score, it is easily explainable:

The players were informed that the only person at Phantis provably interested in the game was sporting the AEK logo. Partly out of disgust for the lack of supporters' interest at Phantis and partly in order to reward the lone, and presumably distressed over the outcome in Kavala, AEK supporter, they decided to punish the former and reward the latter.

I'm in the minority, but I'm happy that the so called powers are losing games. It makes for a better league when anyone can beat anyone.

Also, let's take a positive spin on this:

Not that Olympiakos dropped 2 points in Gianena, but that Gianena gained a point.

Not that AEK lost the game, but that Kavala won the game.

Not that Pao only got a tie, but that Asteras earned a tie.

We, as a society, tend to focus on the negatives.

We, as a society, tend to focus on the negatives.

I will brave the " we tend to be negative" brush and I will respond with an emphatic NO!

I'm in the minority, but I'm happy that the so called powers are losing games. It makes for a better league when anyone can beat anyone.

Indeed, it would have been wonderful if the league teams were, roughly of equal strength. Up to now it appears that only two teams might fight till the end for the championship, AEK is out of money, PAOK guided by Santos will beat all small teams and come third, 2-4 teams will fight for positions 4-5, and just about everyone else will try to stay away from the bottom. Panthrakikos is already doomed.

The situation reflects, and nearly always reflected, the financial standing of the teams. And as a result, while I would not mind playing against a strong Iraklis, under the present circumstances a draw against Iraklis at Karaiskaki is either a freak event (they do happen quite often in soccer) or a failure.

I am willing to accept that whenever the team that gave us the unforgettable NOPO drops points, the unfortunate event is caused by the zebras (

I will brave the " we tend to be negative" brush and I will respond with an emphatic NO!

Indeed, it would have been wonderful if the league teams were, roughly of equal strength. Up to now it appears that only two teams might fight till the end for the championship, AEK is out of money, PAOK guided by Santos will beat all small teams and come third, 2-4 teams will fight for positions 4-5, and just about everyone else will try to stay away from the bottom. Panthrakikos is already doomed.

The situation reflects, and nearly always reflected, the financial standing of the teams. And as a result, while I would not mind playing against a strong Iraklis, under the present circumstances a draw against Iraklis at Karaiskaki is either a freak event (they do happen quite often in soccer) or a failure.

I am willing to accept that whenever the team that gave us the unforgettable NOPO drops points, the unfortunate event is caused by the zebras (

Archived