Phantis Forums

AEK - Boca Juniors

Genome

Well that was disappointing after the official presentation and the first game in OAKA this year. Bummer, also the first friendly I saw this year.

Bad game, again, if this is what we're going to show this year, it's going to be a depressing year for AEK fans...

I thought AEK were terrible today. The backline was very unorganised as was the midfield. The players looked very lethargic and heavy-legged. At times Kyrgiakos looked like he was drugged up. I can't remember the last time I saw him play so poorly. Everything was horrible, simply horrible. I really hope AEK get their act together soon

I was happy with today. Great to play a big team who is on form for us to look for our weaknesses. Great to see multiple looks from the team. Dusan changed the system about 4 times in the first half. It is more obvious than ever that ourdefense is weak and we need a right wing back more than ever before. Majstorovic is still clueless and to me is a big hole in the middle especially if kyriakos goes down. Juanfran sucks. It was good to see some other players getting chances to prove themselves. I will say that for the first 40 minutes we went after the ball unlike any aek team in the past few years. I think this week the south African will be ours, players will be sent on loan and maybe one or two will be sold off. Then for the rest of our friendlies we will see more stable systems and more consistent play.

Dava to me those first fourty minutes sucked just as bad as everything else. We were, as Euro put it, terrible, friendly or not. Sad.

We'll see what happens in the next few games. I think we're going to have a tough time with Vaslui (don't even think about OSFP yet) ... This really changed my oppinion of course this was the first friendly this year I didn't just read about but actually saw ...

Yeah I know AEKARA but how much do we still need to gell? Lots of the players already know eachother and eachother's way of working from last year. I also saw the same lackluster play from last year and the same unnecessary mistakes. But maybe you're right and I'm getting depressed too soon :)...

Maybe we (as Greeks and Greek football fans) need to accept that our clubs aren't good enough (yet?) to compete with the best of Sth America and European league teams?

Look at the results of this friendly and Olympiacos' against Tottenham, we can make excuses and demand better, but maybe--and I'm just putting it out there as another theory--we are just not at the level yet?

Our league was the 6th/7th in the early 00's and since then we have been falling down the UEFA co-efficient rankings by our teams performances.

Look at Larissa at this early stage of the season.....they went from playing UEFA group stage 2 seasons ago to being beaten by an Icelandic team in

the qualifiers!

They were probably severely underdone in terms of preparation, but they also might not be any better than at that level.

PAO lost 3-1 to Sparta Prague (regardless of them winning the tie) and PAOK lost 0-1 to a Norwegian side at home (again regardless of getting through the tie). We can make all the excuses we want, but maybe we need to have some more realistic goals?

We need a serious rethink to improve our football quality. We should stop getting imports purely because they are Brazillian or Argentinian when a Greek youngster could be brought through a club.

I don't know what's going to happen this year. but I seriously wish all our sides get though to the European tournaments proper.

best of luck Enosi against the Romanians in the qualifier.

Archived