Phantis Forums

Irlandos

AEK cannot defeat Panserraikos at home, they cannot defeat Ilisiakos in regulation time, they are out of Europe, way off the pace on the league tables and performing dismally almost in every single game they have played so far.

Who's to blame for this disaster euphemistically known as AEK??? :(

A combination of the above gets my vote.

Donis for making the wrong choices and putting in the wrong players. For forcing a 4-3-3 when maybe we should've kept our 4-4-2. I appreciate his emotional reactions from time to time which show he cares, but it needs to be backed up by something ... more solid too. When we play like we've played so far it should've been the coach to make the necessary changes. It was good of him in yesterday's interview to take complete responsibility.

The players for ... their cr*ppy performances. Again only partially, because for a large part they do what their coach tells them to do (at least that's what we should assume), and play in the system he tells them to play. But can we really hold it against an inexperienced Koutromanos that he gets fielded every so often and can't play like what we expect or to SL standards at least? Can we be frustrated at this player for trying but not being able to for example? (This is not exclusive to Koutromanos either but he sticks out).

Another thing are the injuries and departures + bad choices during the summer. Rivaldo out I could live with but tbh when we look at the difference with Basinas ... Papastathopoulos out to Genoa for not enough money (we could've gotten way more for him), Dellas out to Anorthosis for long term differences with the AEK top, and so on and so on. Kyrgiakos and Scocco were the only really good moves we made this summer, imho, with possibly Pelletieri as a third (and of course the contract with Blanco, who was only on loan before that).

Ramos now just leaving the squad because of personal problems, but in the meantime he has calls with Rivaldo who will help him find a new team ... ?

Injuries from Rikka, Georgeas, Manduca, Kyrgiakos, ... have not made our year any easier either.

Then there's Demis... as much as I like this guy as club president ... did he REALLY have to use his departure TWICE at the worst time possible to shock the team and players? At first right before the game with Omonoia, after a season where we should've been crowned champions but the title was (I feel) stolen from us, with playoffs reducing us to a UEFA Cup team instead of a CL one ... then later on at the start of this month when things were already looking bad for us!

And then there's the fans who still can't form one solid front! I have to say I was pretty surprised to see 10000 turn up for the game yesterday though.

Let's see what happens with a new president and new technical staff.

One reason for what's happening to AEK is due to the fact that there is no "base"

What I mean by this that as a human being where do you go at the end of the night? You go HOME. Just like AEK and PAO they need to build their own stadiums to play.

I think that it's ridiculius that these clubs don't have a place to play Until this is done you will see both of these clubs struggle.

We can point fingers all we want the day psomiadis walked into this club he litterally crippled our dikefalo and hence fast forward to 2008 20009 and this is what we get a half assed club with no structure in the front office.

Will melisanidis be our savior if he comes and takes half the shares bajevic some say ohh boy ti na po re paidia or will there be another wolf in sheeps clothings knocking on our back door :( god help the yellow and black :(

Just on 8 months ago AEK played PAO at home and drew 1-1. Before you say "so what?", this was AEK's team on the park:

Macho

Bourbos

Papastathopoulos

Dellas

Arouabarena

Zikos

Silva

Julio Cesar

Rivaldo

Blanco

Lymberopoulos

The subs were Manduca, Kafes and Kalon.

The only players from this game - just 8 months ago - still left are Macho (why is he still on the bench after his Euro 2008 performance for Austria?); Blanco, Manduca and Kafes!!!! WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT GETTING ANY KIND OF CONSISTENCY IN THIS TEAM???

Until AEK starts to build a team from the ground up, and most importantly sticks with its players, we are doomed to repeat history.

I agree!

Demis had our support and plenty of time (and money) to build a young team that would gel into a contender. Instead we got a bunch of Ibero-merceneries who are here today gone tomorrow. Meanwhile, our young talent has left the club

Archived