14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this match?

• Olympiakos
    • Galatasaray
    • Draw

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Koutso Kangaroo harry kewell hasnt done anything in club football since his leeds days. Also his header Nikopolidis could have saved it. Also it was a definate penalty to us in the 39th. Bad refeeing for both greek clubs bremens first goal was hand ball and we were denied a clear penalty.

I agree that the ref was a bit of a homer... every little decision went their way and I think that the challenge on Diogo was a penalty. But let me put it to you another way... if we were given the penalty and scored it, and the ref was superb all night, would we have deserved anything from the game? If we did hold on, would you have been happy with the performance? We shouldn't be praying on refeereing decisions, we should be relying on talent and tactis. Enough excuses for the disgraceful European campaigns.

@Aekrossoponti: I agree with everything you say. When I said that Valverde was unproven I didn't mean that he hasn't acheived anything, but he hasn't acheived results of significance on a consistent basis. Yes he took Espanyol to the UEFA Cup final, but they relied alot on a superb goalscoring campaign by Walter Pandiani. I suppose that adds weight to your observation that Valverde is tactically inept and he relies on the individula ability of his players. This is further reinforced by the fact that last year his team played horrible football, was that because they didn't have a match winner? If so it shows that his tactical awareness isn't great. Personally I try to avoid criticising managers until after they've been at a club for at least a season and a half. For instance, I want Ten Cate to remain at the helm for PAO, I also support Donis, while in England I think Ramos should be given alot more time. It takes time for a manager to implement new tactical idea, BUT what I can't forgive is a team playing without passion. When Valverde saw that team weren't willing to fight for every ball and press Galatasary at every opportunity why wasn't he on his feet shouting at them?

I think refree was ok except he missed a penalty ( in europe they dont give this positions penalty easly) for Olympiakos another penalty for GS Harry Kewell was absolutly inside, he gave freekick...All his cards were correct Galatasaray was agressive but this is how you have to play in modern football...

I was too pissed off to comment a few days ago so im going to right now. How can you come out so not ready, for such a big game. We knew we werent playing Panserrakos away, we were going to Turkey! to play GALATASARAY ! This is the game where you need passion, not flaire. This is the game where we need players like Djole, Stoltidis, Lua Lua. Especially a player like lua lua today, our counter attack was PISS POOR. I think what our team is missing is more speed. I mean were quick when it comes to the greek league, but if we want to start doing better in europe, we need to built a faster team. Passion was lacked too. No body wanted to win untill the end! Why were we successfull last year? Because we had a good group of guys, willing to work their asses off, and they had speed with a good counter attack. So what did we do this year? Took all that away? I dont get it.

Anyways, we all know the reason we lost this game was because the middle. That was the worst midfield I had ever seen from Olympiakos in god knows when. Could not string 2 passes together. We REALLY missed stoltidis, dudu, and even yianni papadopoulos in the middle. That idiot Patsa should be killed. Gallettis performance was the worst he has ever had for Olympiakos. Why though?

As much as nikopolidis could have saved it, you cannot blame nikopolidis for this game. He was the main reason this game was not 4-0. It should have been four nothing. Kova's substitution was good, I really llike how our team looks when we have 2 strikers up front. I hate the system with Diogo alone, and belluchi right behind him. I hate that, it never works. We better show up at home or else we can say good bye to a chance at going through

Clooney was the best player. We should be blaming players like Domi who gave the ball away every time they touched the ball. Our "breakout" was terrible and we couldnt even get out of our own half for half of the game.

No way you blame George Clooney on that one. Where the heck was the marking?

Its partially his fault, not just the shot which he should have had.......

Idk who else has had played goalkeeper, but when there is a corner, you have to assign correctly what you want to your posts. The men on the posts are their to save ur ass. Not always are they there, but generally its a better idea. Theres no point of assinging a man on near post, and not on far. Esp if you arent covering far post, which he wasnt either...

There was nobody on the far post and only on the near that cost. If there was, that would have been saved on the line Nikopolidis should know better than that, and make sure his far post has a man on it. Yes, this is part of goalkeeping...

Marking was also bad

I think everybody is over reacting about olympiakos losing :whistle:

There are NO excuses for losing.We played poor soccer, the coach made some bad calls BUT don't forget we were playing against a team that can play soccer and was playing in front of their fanatical fans which created a hostile atmosphere.

With over 130 forum replies on our loss i hope we get the same replies when we beat Benfica in a months time :P

Well, as everybody knows I'm a red hot Yellow-Red but even though with all the stars we signed this year, we've been playing poorly so far. That was the case till the OSFP game. It was total domination from start to finish as OSFP got only two chances the whole game both of which De Sanctis was at big big fault. OSFP failed to string passes together and it also made my mind up about two players I already doubted. No matter how much you spent on them, Belluschi and Diogo are complete crappies and get lost in big time football!

On our side, the orchestrating performance of Lincoln and Ayhan in the midfield was great but so poor the finishing was that we should have scored at least two or three more goals thru Arda, Lincoln and Nonda.

It looks as if Valverde would be another example of Spanish coaches performing disasters away from Iberia. For others see Del Bosque - Besiktas and Aragones - Fenerbahce (which is now on theatres :LOL: :LOL: ) ...

It looks as if Valverde would be another example of Spanish coaches performing disasters away from Iberia. For others see Del Bosque - Besiktas and Aragones - Fenerbahce (which is now on theatres :LOL: :LOL: ) ...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree. Dont forget BJK, but also AEK had Ferrer, PAO had Munoz....Spanish coaches SUCK outside of Spain, obvious exception Benitez....I knew Aragones was not going to be good for Fenerbache....Valverde will be gone, he had 1 season tops written all over him when he came here.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree. Dont forget BJK, but also AEK had Ferrer, PAO had Munoz....Spanish coaches SUCK outside of Spain, obvious exception Benitez....I knew Aragones was not going to be good for Fenerbache....Valverde will be gone, he had 1 season tops written all over him when he came here.

Your coach is so great he will be luck to have XMAS in Greece :LOL: :LOL:

Archived