Phantis Forums

Winter 2009 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a vocal supporter of Tziolis since he was signed. He is only 22 and he is a good player.

I think it's best that he left since the fans were singling him out booed him several times during games or when he came in as a sub.

Many good players leave not only because our management is horrible, but also because a good portion of our fans treat them like crap.

Good luck to the kid. I hope he makes it.

Again, I'm in the minority here, but I don't think we need to buy one more striker. Unless, we want a big name to satisfy the fans. I really doubt Adriano or anyone else would transform our team right now. If Rukavina was a big-money player and was part of the starting 11 every game, the fans would be happy we got him.

Same with Petropoulos, etc. Then, if no more scoring, we'd say, oh, he & the strikers don't get enough chances....

First, I think we need defenders more than anything else. Secondly, this team needs to gel together more and produce the results. Ten Kate is now developing a good feeling for his players..... yes, it takes time to shape 2 dozen players into a cohesive unit.

Thirdly, instead of dropping big names to try to impress the fans, the owners should PROTECT the team OR start a movement to make the "Super" :LOL: League a professional one.

We've been unlucky too.. when we could have won a couple games that either the defense screwed up, or missed too many chances to score.... But, most importantly: Had we gotten the calls gavroi have, we'be in a much different position right now and we'd be probably saying different things.

btw, I'm not impressed with Emir Spachitz (however his name is spelled)... http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=82...2&pubid=1648183

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...kos/226821.html

:tdown:

22 yr old David, released by Palmeiras.

I hope not.

Ok, maybe hes not bad- still the point is to sign MATURED defenders for the team, with EXPERIENCE.

22yrs old only played in Brazil? F*** off Adoniou! We need European expeirenced players. Exceptions do exist in Brazil, but they are RARE. Have a look at the top scorer 2 years ago of the Brazilian league could barely make half the teams in the Superleage. Brazil is a great footballing nation, but the players worth while arent easy to find or to acquire, like Argentina. Chances are, a team like PAO will not pull out anything special from transfers there.

If hes signed as a future player - maybe it could work. But our priorities should not be future players right now, and something tells me thats not what idiot PAO transfer team intends.

If hes signed and thats it for our CB's, than stupidity repeats itself!

I think it's pretty clear from all the reports that David's case has nothing to do with the CB we 're after. It's just an investment on a very promising player. On the other hand, not only is he not 'released' by Palmeiras but the Brazlilian club is taking him to courts to prove that he is still under contract. He is one of the hottest prospects in Brazil and would be VERY expensive to buy in normal circumstances. He is not even 22 and has played for all Brazil national teams so far (under 18s, under 20s). He is 1.87, fast and good with the ball. If we sign him, I will be delighted - though I will still look for an experienced CB. However, I have no doubt that he is way better than any other CB we have right now. And, hey, some club has to be the first that signs a player from Brazil - I hope it's PAO in this case. I 'm all for this transfer.

I believe we need a couple players who are ready now! Our season rests on the 2 games with Villareal. We have enough for the future (next season) and we could get 1-2 more, but that's not what we need NOW!

PAO has a good chance to advance in the CL. Goumas is out for a few weeks, and I saw problems with our defense in the AEK and Panthrakikos games... Can't play like this in the CL.

Anyway, that David kid sounds like Ninis ;)

peirame Zoneveld for 250.000 daneiko mexri to kalokairi

O deived einai laxeio.... an sou vgei ok.. an den sou vgei omos ti ginete???

He is one of the hottest prospects in Brazil and would be VERY expensive to buy in normal circumstances. He is not even 22 and has played for all Brazil national teams so far (under 18s, under 20s). He is 1.87, fast and good with the ball. If we sign him, I will be delighted - though I will still look for an experienced CB. However, I have no doubt that he is way better than any other CB we have right now. And, hey, some club has to be the first that signs a player from Brazil - I hope it's PAO in this case. I 'm all for this transfer.

well, I hope you are right on this one, as its looking more possible - if he is deemed not still under contract of his old team....

Given that Pateras made it clear that PAO won't sign more than 2 players in this transfer window, I guess these are our new lads. Hope they do well for the club. I 'm not thrilled but I 'll wait to see what they can do on the pitch. I would like to say this though: even before polumetohikotita we could occasionally sign 1-2 big names (Souza, Asanovic, Vlaovic, Biscan, Conceicao etc) and, of course, sweep the Greek market (Mantzios, Tziolis, Giourkas, Spyropoulos, and even guys like Sapanis or Koutsoures who were pretty hot back in the time. Now they made 20 mil from the CL and they still can't do more than that. I said it back then, when Vgeno had no integrity-related poroblems to use the fans to force Vardinogiannis to sell his company (now suddenly he remembered integrity is important), and I 'll say it again: it's easy to open your big mouth when it's not your money on the line. Opoios einai eksw apo to xoro polla tragoudia kserei. Period.

PS: If they sell Mattos, especially now that the team is left with only three DMs, I 'll seriously start to wonder whether they are crooks or plain stupid. I mean, enough is enough...

Easy fellas, whether its the last transfer or not, doesnt mean dick.

Patience...

The team is improving... times are getting better.. Blue skies are up ahead..

Dont forget we had ivan who didnt play that much in the first half due to tactics and 3 minor injuries and Ninis is back to form and with Ruka and CLeyton (hopefully) back on good terms, we might not need that much.. A defender is priority.. We got big names before on D and achieved nothing. Unknowns are sometimes better.

This is funny. Spahic' manager said that he is in Athens and not much more is known.

Today I read the title "Everything is open with Spahic" here then I scrolled down the page. Holly Cow! :blink: Read how many comments from PAO fans who just hate the guy (and everything else) already. :LOL:

i actually think spahic would be a good signing. seems like he has the qualities to make a strong CB, also captain of bosnian national team (ok so bosnia arent european superpower but shows he has some leadership qualities). plus the russian league has gone places rather than our league currently.

some of the comments are just ridiculous and some ppl not thinking straight only bc they are angered by the "shareholders"....

Let me ask you guys this.... How many of you heard of Galetti before he came to oly.. HONESTLY.... How many of you heard of Leto? How many of you bashed the Nilsson Signing? i even rememnber people saying ivanSHIT etc.... These no names came to greece.....and made good careers or show promise. We might get a Romero with Spahic or we might get a henriksen... OK MAYBE NOT THAT but he might turn out to be a solid DB. MUNCH? who was that again before pao. Toure? Simao?

Truth is ANY TRANSFER is a toss up.. Whether its Antonson or whatever his name was or whether it was Henriksen the truth is they have to show on the field what they can do..

Who knows, Spahic might suck and David might become another Simao... Maybe HTC sees him as a DM and not a cb.. Wasnt simao signed as a DM.... A good project.... I would never say no to a 20 year old kid who played in Palmeiras for 18 months already and his team is going to fifa to keep him.. Might it mean that he is WORTH SOMETHING? Im gonna go look back and see what some posters said when Simao was signed...

Ill ask cyber this question cuz i know ill get a solid and truthful answer...

Everyone pretty much agrees that Henriksen was our best signing at CB ever.. I dont contradict by saying he was poor... but Cyber, can you remind me and fellow pao fans what system PAO played with henriksen at cb.. with Markarian and all the coaches we had for years... i mean henriksen played what... 6 years was it... in those years what system did we play with...

Then remind us all what system we played in Inter and who our CB's were in that game and can you also describe me their play in that game..... please im curious..

How did they look? Who was the man of the match? who scored? who won the header before the goal? please inform us

Truth about spahic is this... There might be only 1 or 2 people in PAO that see him as a good defender..... But if those two our given the green light by HTC, who am i, or you all for that matter to question the manager that set up this same team to win away in werder and away in inter merely on HIS TACTICS and the apparent poor roster... Is he a miracle worker? Does this mean he might know his football? maybe just a little?

And further more... doesnt he play for the bosnian national team.. I mean i dont care if its bosnia, croatia or serbia, truth is, that whole part of the world, the former yugoslavia has put out some mean talent an dis one of the major football factories in the world... And yes we have had some bad luck with Ic's in the past... lot of poor signings but.... some good ones too no? does it mean we have to stay away from an entire nation because we bought some poor players from that country..

So given we signed Souza, Concecao and ROmero, does this mean we steer clear of brazil and Argentina..?

Come on fellas... the team isnt as bad as everyone thinks..

We get a penalty not given against AEK +2 points....we get a bogus one called against us in the first AEK game ended up being the goal difference in that game... +1 point.. Oly get two favorable calls in their last two home games -4

Do the math.. we should be at -2...

And all this doesnt include OBVIOUS penalties not given to us against Larisa, paok and oly....

Lets hypothetically say those were given to us... The table would look very different no?

But of course... then people would be sayin pao is winning the championship on paper... no?

Players from other teams come into our home ground with a different mentality.. or even just in our games in general.. They know there is a possibility to beat us because the refs wont give us calls... they take chances... they make mistakes that they know wont get punished...

Is Palacio or Falcao up front gonna make us win more penalties.. or get the ones we rightfully deserve? Definately not? Even with Diego and his NON dives, we wouldnt be getting the calls.. Lets face it... the best we can do, is get our squad up to par with as many good young players we can get and build as great as squad is possible and look to achieve greatness elsewhere... If this sorry ass team can get to the 16 of the CL, who knows what a couple of good signings and some experience can get us...

Mexri na teleoiosi h paranga, prepei na ypoferoume... Etsi mou fainetai..

Kahnixta...

Archived