Phantis Forums

Winter 2009 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tziolis to Bochum would be incredibly stupid for PAO, and even stupider for Alex Tziolis. Go from final 8 champions league to 2nd Bundesliga bound Bochum? Really, leave this PAO now on the rise to follow in the footsteps of the great Xaralambidis???

Possibility of Final 8 in CL?

or Possibility of trying to compete for Germany's 2nd division title next year...

ego pali protimo ton vyntra na meinei giati toso pathos pou exei gia tin omada den to exei kaneis mesa stin omada... ta dinei ola se kathe paixnidi kai prospathei...exei tsampouka megalo!! ton tzioli ton exei parei apo kato...

All these years Vyntra has cost us dearly, but for me it was never personal. I kinda like the guy because of his effort. I cannot blame someone who tries 100% but he's also prone to gaffes.

I'm almost certain that he gives it all in practice too that's why coaches use him.

But, if there are 2 players that personify PAO in the last several years: Karagounis and Goumas. They're in the Hall of Fame already as far I'm concerned.

What makes me feel sad is that sometimes great players who contribute to the team and the sport never get a title (or a championship ring here in the US).

Is Goumas & Kara coming back next season? I hope they do.

Tziolis is a utility player, more defensive than creative. Inconsisent.

those youtube videos look pretty old....

i feel everytime we see a youtube vid of a guy before he comes to PAO, he ends up stinking up the place, when people having expectations for him to match his playing days at another club and time...

in other news, contra.gr states Souza is GONE.

didnt take much time to realize he was going to be a mega flop. I honestly dont beleive anybody watched this guy play before signing him.

In other news, deadline is closing when?

These Antoniou and friends are total morons. We should have had signings by now, and no, I am not being impatient, but honestly it was rather clear how urgent these winter signings were going to be, all the way back in September. The window opens in the winter, but that does NOT mean you start looking in the winter.

What happens when you wait till the last minute for signings?

1- You dont get great signings

2- They never come ready to play, so it will be a long waiting period before they actually debut or fit into the lineup. This always happens - get a player as late as possible, dont see him till late march or april. Meanwhile usually as much as a month of matches passes by with the player not fully available. Im not an expert, but I see this every season, the exact same example.

Urgency for signings-----> signing arrives late---------> signing has less time to miss title ----> title missed out because of points dropped on worthless mistakes and matches.

The sooner you make the signing, the sooner they can make a difference. Antoniou failed to bring in a CB (and yes Im pretty sure he intended to, as he got rid of one, and was desperate playing hooky with an idiot Argentine instead of pursuing other options and backup signings did nothing) . He should have been fired. We are -7 in the league. Something quite obvious showed. Good form brought us CL success, but thats no excuse.

Leonardo does look good - here is my problem though

2002-03\

Sousa is gone. Every site is reporting the definite departure and this opens up the S. American market for PAO.

In other news I can't believe an announcement from a dubious "web fans" web site (mostly a forum) is making the rounds in the news. Their beef? They are bitching about the "transfer inaction" and forecasting that some in the club don't want to succeed. :LOL: They are also upset that Antoniou said we might get 2 players while Ten Cate said he wants three (maybe they are right to notice the discrepancy, but they don't have the right to make such a huge deal out of it). I can't believe that their entire announcement is posted as major article in sites like e-sports. It must be a slow news day, but there is no excuse for posting nobody's drivel.

I might be mistaken but the transfer window starts January 2? And I might be mistaken again but it is probably not legal to complete transfers before the window (Olympiakos' laywers are lurking :P ), and it's definitely not good business to broadcast the players you are dying to get.

Im not saying I dont beleive they dont want the club to succeed, but dont call it bitching. Its an observation, and its one thats based on what has been right, every single championshiopless season.

Its not that I dont beleive Adoniou doesnt want the club to succedd. I dont beleive he gets the job done in the best manner possible, and I doubt HIM. Theres a clear difference, why fabricate it as saying its the same thing? Will that really lead anywhere?

Get the job done ahead of time, the better. We want the better, not the worse.

As always any negative comments is "bitching". Theres always something positive to say, but theres also something negative to say, room for improvement. Its the truth, call it bitching to put it down if you like.

Apparently Rodolfo from lokomotiv wants to come Lokomotiv slap a 2.5 million price tag Pao turns around and offers 1.5!

WTF is Tzigger still pulling the strings?

We have one fo the best CB's in Russia wanting to come to Pao yet Pao are mucking around with money.

Where is all the money that Pateras has?

WTF is going on?

The longer we wait the more likely chance we will be left with $kata! :(:(:(

I saw the report about Spahic too. I can't remember the media, but it said some Swedish paper reported that PAO bought him. I wonder if his agent is from Sweden :whistle:

I think we need 2 CBs not one. If Goumas gets injured we don't have much depth in a vital position.

To add a monkey wrench Ten Cate said today that most signings happen towards the end of the transfer window.

Translation: wait until February to see new players in the games.

He said he stands by his position that he wants 3 left-footed players, but he added that if an exceptional right-footed one comes along he won't mind the signing.

Translation: He wants what he wants but if they can give him something better he won't be upset.

He also said that an important goal is to make the roster smaller. Hi said something to the effect that for every two players who leave (sold or loaned) we will buy one.

Translation: If he wants three players to be signed, he wants six existing players to go. Someone double check my math here B)

One player is already gone (Sousa) so we need to unload five more :unsure: Is anyone checking my math?

Who are the potential goners? Tziolis is already on the block, and probably Melissis, Christodoulopoulos, Siontis will be loaned out. I have no problems finding five gonners, but I do have a heck of a time finding the 6th. I hope they just consider Leontiou to not be with the team and don't get tempted to unload another player.

It's getting interesting...

:LOL: instead of getting players we are loaning out players LOL This team is a joke man and it pains me to say it. Man we need to get our act together quick.

:LOL:  instead of getting players we are loaning out players LOL This team is a joke man and it pains me to say it. Man we need to get our act together quick.

i dont understand some fellow greens in this forum.....

H OMADA PAEI MIA XARA!!!!!!!! (sto protathlima kanonika imaste piso 3 vathmous max.... ali mas exoune piso 9 :ph34r: )

O PROPONITIS PAEI MIA XARA!!!!! ( in my opinion he is the best coach we've had at Panathinaikos in the last 5 years)

Too many supporters in greece are influenced by the media and sports newspapers... METAGRAFES THA GINOUNE, iremiste!!!! Its not logical to buy 3 players in the winter tranfer and rush them straight into a team mid season.

Pao needs 2 players, 1 GOOD central defender and 1 GOOD centre forward, and this doesnt mean we need to get them as soon as the transfer window opens.... most of the time the winter transfers are done at the last minute.

I believe the new managment is on the right path..... especially how they are involving HTK and asking him which type of players he wants and needs. ( when was the last time this happened at PAO?? :blink: )

As for Tsiolis.... this is a good move for him. He is not a regular starter for PAO and this move will only improve him as a player.... as we saw with Gekkas. (this has OTTO influence written all over it)

Lastly this is a good move for the national team as well.... if Tsiolis gains experience in the german league it can hopefully push players like Basinas out of that side... and add another former PAO player into the starting 11.

Iremiste paidia .... metagrafes tha ginoune!! B)

rome wasnt built in a day

nor was manchester united :whistle:

anyways....i liked tziolis, and he was looking much better player under ten cate

hope he does well and i like the fact that it appears so far he leaves the club on good terms....

can anyone explain why though he extended his contract with pao before he went to bremen today? something to do with option of buying out his contract etc if it doesnt go well for him??? didnt make sense

i too was a Tziolis fan. Plenty of upside with him. his loan puts another 300k, with a 1.6 buyout, which could turn into a 1.9 mil transfer.. Bremen needs a player like him, & he will be very good in the Bundesliga. Hopefully he gets his experience & does a Mantzios

sending Tziolis away is a stupid mistake, as was sending Mantzios, (Germany did not much, he had the potential growing before he left) and we did miss having an extra striker. Hes much better even then than Postiga ,and Manucho never available....and sending Morris (because, were horrible about replaceing players).

The team needs to focus on players IN and filling in the weakenesses which are obvious. Not sending away our better young players to overated Werder.

Archived