Phantis Forums

Winter 2009 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant blame the board??????????

Can somebody give me ONE good reason, why we did not make serious offers...........I dont know:

a) in the summer

b ) before the transfer period

c) when the period BEGAN!?

d) ANY week except the very last one, so we are down to 2 unlikely signings oliveira and allegedly thers an offer on Bobo which wont happen either......

Sorry this model of waiting till the last minute to even do anything is pure rubbish! I remind you all to go back the forum match postings from Sept, October 2008 and read comments, and how it was cyrstal clear how BADLY we needed signings.

Is there some rule that Andoniou cant show effort, look around, ready talks or do ANY preliminary work before the transfer window opens????? Why werent these offers flying out on day 1 or 2? I cant find an excuse.

If Oliveira doesnt want to come, ok, managments not at fault (though, other teams actually try to convince players), but managements is still leaving us without a striker, yet again.

And no team offeres 10 million euros, if it wasnt that "high priority in getting a striker" or any of the excuses....

Bobo won't be coming either. I am listening to ERAsport and the Panathinaikos reporter is going way out of his way to say how "hard PAO tried" to bring Loiveira (as he kept calling him), then he became really upset when he was told that Panathinaikos did not give enough money, and tried with a completely wrong way to sign a big name like Oliveira, and he kept sayng how hard Panathinaikos "TRIED". Where do they find these people?

The good news is he said that we can call our Polish defender Varziniak :LOL:

I am sure I am not the only one who feels underwhelmed by this transfer season. I know the economy is bad, but I am sure there are hundreds of players out there that could have helped the team if we only had a scouting program.

I still have faith in the existing players. They made it to the CL16, but the team has some glaring deficiencies that even management has acknowledged with their desperate search for a CB and a CF that they failed to sign. I even get the feeling that Warzoniak was a panic move a-la Melissis last summer. I hope the guy can take the pressure. He will be maligned by the fans the first time he loses an opponent.

To add insult to injury, ERAsport which I rely mostly to get reliable news has a new PAO reporter, Dimitris Kaimas, who must be the worst communicator on radio. Not only his voice and speech is not clear, he ends up being a major apologist for management's failures and ends up whining most of the time if the commentators ask him questions. I don't know why ERA sport has to change the PAO reporters all the time. He must be the 3d in a year. It looks like they follow the example of the club by not signing the right personnel.

what ? Eki isnt coming back where did you hear such things?

We do just need a scouting program.

To improve the quality of the team you need quality players too. Our youth system is good. Our scouting is awful.

If you look at major european clubs, they are not getting good players simply because of money. theyre digging these guys up as they emerge, because they have proper system for quality scouting.

So they are reporting now about signing Leonardo from Ajax for this summer. Are we supposed to get excited? I read this guy's wiki page and find that he blew out his knee. Am I supposed to be excited about this?

In December 2006 Leonardo agreed with Ajax on a new 2.5 year contract. Ajax paid a transfer fee of ? 750,000. Leonardo got half of the fee, while NAC Breda received the other half. On January 21, 2007 he played his first Ajax Eredivisie game against FC Utrecht[2] Six weeks later in the game against SC Heerenveen he suffered a heavy injury tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, which sidelined him for at least another six months.

Leonardo was mainly used as a backup player by Ajax coaches Ten Cate as well as Koster.

E, they don't really believe they can win the league title, do they?

But, I think it's good that PAO management gave all those players a nice raise and an extented contract.

For me the whole season would be worth it if PAO advanced past Villareal. 4 more CL games. OK, and getting to the CL next season is important too.

Archived