September 14 @ 19:00

Official sites:

Ergotelis

ARIS FC

Season record:

Ergotelis: 1W = 3 pts.

ARIS FC: 1W = 3 pts.

Aris Injury list:

Siston, Lembo (?), Calvo (?), Gentil (?), Nacho (?)

Top Stars:

Patrick Ogunsoto

Sergio Koke

TV Coverage:

Nova

I think for this match Battion's chances are slightly greater to begin, just because Vitolo lost some days of trainings since he was in Spain during the last week due to his personal issues.

But for the future matches be sure that Vitolo and Nacho will be the basic twin. Well, it's not just Kike but many coaches who work oversea, have soft spots for their compatriots if they exist in their teams...sure, there is nothing to blame Kike about that like Jonan Garcia issue and these things, but Vitolo will rather deserve his starting spot by his quality, high fitness level and not being injury-prone + the fact that if you have been a starter in Tenerife, Racing, Celta, regardless of the fact that those clubs are not Real or Barca in Spain, then it must show something about you...

As for Sifakis over Kelemen, yes Kelemen had a slight injury, but I still think that those were rather journalists who push Sifakis to start this match, Kike hasn't said anything about...so I still think that Kelemen's chances to start this match are slightly bigger.

Let's see.

As for 4-4-2, all shows that Kike will parade like that, naturally with Wloda and Koke up front...I mean this is gonna be a milestone to see finally a pure starting 4-4-2 (I don't include here some Bajević's conservative and ugly 4-3-1-2) after long long time!!!! :tup:

And this should be our line up:

--------------------------------Wlodar-----------------

------------Koke---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Javito---------

Regueiro-----------------------------------------------

------------Nacho ***-------------Battion **---------

----------------------------------------------------------

Aurelio---------------------------------------------Neto

------------Jahić---------------Ronaldo-----------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------------Kelemen *-------------------------

*Sifakis may start as well

** Vitolo has some chances

***Nacho will start, if fit enough...'cause he came back slightly injured from his national team campaign during this 2-week break.

A couple of points:

1. The team will be shaped in kind of 4-4-1-1 where Koke will retake the role of organizer and Wloda goes up front...of course this system in practice has differences compared to the one where Gentil starts behind Koke...we all know that coaches talk to their players before matches about tactics, team ones and individual roles...so Kike will say something to Koke before the Ergo match, but also Kike can shout during the match to Koke, depending on how Ergotelis and especially ourselves present on pitch...if we start badly then Kike can show Koke by his hand moving forward that Koke stick/presses closer to the opposing goal, which would mean that we will immediately see the purest 4-4-2...of course that still we can be happy, by this 4-4-1-1 option from the start we will be closer to the real 4-4-2 more than ever and we all want that actually, 'cause Koke is much better finisher and let's say mover than strange Tiago Gentil. This 4-4-1-1 with Koke and Wloda is much more flexible and can switch constantly from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2 and reversely...

2. Nacho, Gentil, Calvo are still doubtful for this match.

Did Sifakis play in the first game?

No, but he impressed in our last friendly with Veria last week.

BTW, I'm not too sure as some of your Greek journalists that Sifakis will replace Kelemen that easily, unless the latter pulls a Chalkias disease of conceding stupid goals. ;)

Let's see actually!

^ Defently the biggest surprise of the day.

What happend REY?

:LOL: well we ate 3 in the first 30 minutes and that's it (2 by the great beast Ogunsoto)...I think this time our coach wasn't 100% tragic as some would think and his players and defense let him down big time on this...

Again, the worst LB on the world Marco Aurelio committed a couple of errors for the 234th time in his hardly 400 day service with Aris after directly being responsible for 2 goals.

For the first instead of heading it out, he head it right back to our small box at his opponent Budimir who just needed to pass/tap it over Sifakis from hardly 5 meters. Talented Koutsianikoulis made fool of him in the second.

In the second half our poor finishing team (probably the worst finishing team that I ever seen in my life of following football) had 345 chances nor scoring a single goal at least for a console.

Pressure is building now seriously on our coach..he put classless Prittas to partner a lost-in-space-kid Battion on the centre of the field, and left tired Nacho on bench and our CM was tragic with the 2 guys in and without Nacho in the first half.

Archived