Phantis Forums

Greece v. Sweden @ Euro 2008

athinaios

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could easily use the other two games to prepare for WC 2010!

Or at the rate we're going, use the qualifying games for WC2010 to prepare for the next Euro :huh?:

Ase! Ta mavra mas ta xalia exoume!!!

The Greek side's strategy has been to throw long balls into the box. Not a cohesive unit as they appeared today.

As for the goal, it was sloppy as deservingly so for our defense. Don't forget how our defense was caught wide open to get to this point.

Haristeas isn't a classic striker.

Our main competitors in this group Spain & Sweden already have 3 points. What are GR chances to advance now???!!!

Do you honestly think GR will show a different face in the next 2 games? Hope so, but doubt it. :angry:

The good news is that the summer's just started.... Enjoy it! :P

And, I'm WILL enjoy my CELTICS in the NBA finals! Up by 2, snag one in LA and get back to Boston to take it!

Who do you blame? The players were playing very negative soccer, which reminded me of 1994 and my prediction is they'll lose all their games like 1994. Did Rehhagel tell them to stroke the ball in their own end for all that time? If he did, he should be fired, since we were silly to keep him on.

It angers me that we bring 6 strikers and play with Axristeas, a CF on the right, and then two-left feet Samaras. What a waste of a sub...why not even Lympe??? We only made two subs, we could have brought in some more striking power at the end and pushed forward. No, we rely on lousy long balls taken by Seitaridis (after thinking for 5 minutes where to place it).

Torosidis handicapped on the left side, but still made more attempts than Seitaridis. I'm so infuriated!!! We are never going to get through Russia and Spain alive.

Also, what the hell were all those friendlies using 4-3-3 for???? Look how well we played against Portugal.

In the end, Rehhagel sabotaged us for the sake of his stupid ego. Was he afraid journalists would accuse him of making sense and listening to reason!!???

The score was not an indication of how the game was played.

It was much worse than the 2-0 score.

Italy lost 3-0 but they created chances against Holland and with a bit of luck could have gotten back into that game.

Greece's best chance prior to the last 10 minutes was by a Swedish player who almost put the ball into his own net.

Greece played attacking football to get to the EUROS....now they play 5 men back and then waste time when they have the ball before kicking it out of bounds.

I can't wait until World Cup or next Euro qualifications when Greece will be older and slower and then they can play a 1-7-2-1.

GREECE WILL NOT SCORE A GOAL IN THE EUROS unless they make a change in mindset right now.

Very very dissapointed in this performance today.

I think we need to calm down a little. This was a bad result and a very bad performance. Not all has been lost. The team is in the tournament still and we need to re-group and fight on. In ERUO2004 we also lost a game but won the trophy.

The qualification seems like a miracle at the moment. There is a glim chance but it requires victory against Russia and a point against Spain and Russia to beat Sweden and Spain beating Sweden. This is not impossible I think.

Otto needs to change a lot of things.

I think we need to calm down a little. This was a bad result and a very bad performance. Not all has been lost. The team is in the tournament still and we need to re-group and fight on. In ERUO2004 we also lost a game but won the trophy.

The qualification seems like a miracle at the moment. There is a glim chance but it requires victory against Russia and a point against Spain and Russia to beat Sweden and Spain beating Sweden. This is not impossible I think.

I agree... we don't need to panic, but we need to change our way of THINKING... I like the posetion, but once we attempted to go forward we gave the ball away too easily.

Sweden, right out of the gate, appeared to want the win more. But it is easy for things to appear like that when you play a 5-4-1... ridiculous! If we had played for the entire game the way we played in the last 10 or 15 minutes this would have been a very different match.

Also, I want to see a changing of the guard. Especially in the goal. This better be Nikopolidis's last tournament--he reminded me of Barthez the Frenchman too much today.

Geok: We are out!!

At least the last time around we had a goal against Russia in that loss. And, there was pressure on Spain and Portugal (both needed nothing less of a win to qualify). Russia losing 4-1, I see no way getting past them. It's an up-hill battle to say the least. Our best opportunity was tonight, and it was squandered. I understood using a 5-3-2 (err.. 5-4-1) against Spain. But Sweden???

And there is no parallel btw 94. IN 94 we had no potential for offensive football. Now, we have some potential, and Otto is having us play crap. Why not at least have Gekas and Salpingidis up front like the past. At least Salpi could make a good run. Instead we use divisioin 2 Nurenberg Charisteas, isolate Gekas, and make no attempts. If they are just going to pass the ball amongst our defenders, I could have done that!!! Sign me up for proti ethniki!! Now we go to Russia with a big fat palouki up our asses, and will continue to be mocked by the sporting world.

Geok: We are out!!

At least the last time around we had a goal against Russia in that loss. And, there was pressure on Spain and Portugal (both needed nothing less of a win to qualify). Russia losing 4-1, I see no way getting past them. It's an up-hill battle to say the least. Our best opportunity was tonight, and it was squandered. I understood using a 5-3-2 (err.. 5-4-1) against Spain. But Sweden???

And there is no parallel btw 94. IN 94 we had no potential for offensive football. Now, we have some potential, and Otto is having us play crap. Why not at least have Gekas and Salpingidis up front like the past. At least Salpi could make a good run. Instead we use divisioin 2 Nurenberg Charisteas, isolate Gekas, and make no attempts. If they are just going to pass the ball amongst our defenders, I could have done that!!! Sign me up for proti ethniki!! Now we go to Russia with a big fat palouki up our asses, and will continue to be mocked by the sporting world.

Where is the backing of our team???

Yeah we could've done this and yeah we could've done that, but now we have to look towards the next game...

Should this result surprise anyone? Do we honestly all think that we're going to re-peat??

BE REAL PEOPLE.... The best thing that we can do is back our team and encourage.

Archived