Phantis Forums

Chelsea - Olympiakos

Crazy

Who is going to win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• Olympiakos
    • Chelsea

With Lua Lua gone it's going to be tough, no one dribbles the ball in and give the short pass to another striker or his long range shot will be missed. I can't beleive Lemonis played him for 90 minutes considering the Champions League game is on Wednesday.

If Lemonis is smart he will put Kovacevic as a lone striker (he's going to be useless) but Mendrinos as an atacking midfielder. I am surprised no one has mentioned Mendrinos in their lineup suggestions?

4-5-1 should be the game plan, with Leonardo and Torosidis on the flanks we can score on the counter attacks easily, remember one goal and Chelsea will be fu--d mentally. I don't care that they won 4-0 against West Ham, English footbal is brutal when it comes to tactical defence.

We've had a great and fantastic european campaign and that all against the odds.

I think we can do it again, much more difficult though without the two (Galletti & Lua Lua) but there are a couple of guys hungry like us to show everyone they can and I hope they will.

Whatever happens, we have acheived our goal and have nothing to lose.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Galletti or Lua Lua, means that we have no counter-attacking ability, which means 2 things. (1) We will be ultra-defensive with no swift way out. That means that Chelsea will have the courage to play a high defensive line and the attacks against us will be constant and sustained. (2) If we are going to score we can't rely on swift counter-attacks, thus, we'll have to come out of our defensive area and seek a goal, particularly if we concede first. This will leave us exposed and that's plays into Chelsea's style of play. If you look at the team's that always give Chelsea problems (Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa, Portsmouth to an extent) they are defensive sides that have the ability to counter. Teams that come out and attack Chelsea (Arsenal, Man Utd, West Ham yesterday) always seem to lose.

In short, we cannot come out and attack Chelsea because we'll get torn apart. We cannot sit back, because we have no counter-attacking ability and they'll just keep coming at us; so how long can we possibly hold-out? I just can't see anything other than a 3-0 or 4-0 win. :(

If this is a big defeat, Lemonis is gone. But, no matter what you think of this guy, I don't think there's any coach in the world that could make THIS team win in England. Your only chance is that the Chelsea players decide to visit a Greek restaurant before the game :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If this is a big defeat, Lemonis is gone. But, no matter what you think of this guy, I don't think there's any coach in the world that could make THIS team win in England. Your only chance is that the Chelsea players decide to visit a Greek restaurant before the game :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If this team was at full strength then a victory would not have been impossible. But with Chelsea finishing West Ham off after 27mins (3-0 up) they will be refreshed and full of confidence. Compare that to an Olympiakos team involved in a war-type game against Asteras, and having to travel away without the 2 most important players in the counter-attacking system (Lua Lua and Galletti) and we have no hope. :(

The Spaniard, Gonzalez is ref for the game :tdown:

He's the one that allowed Liverpool to get away with murder in the 3-1 defeat at Anfield in 2004.

Our boys better be ready for a war because this ref is "homer".

Things were difficult before,they look almost imposible now but since as Olympiakos supporters we already know that our lifes and especially our soccer lifes always were,are and will always be a hard gutwretching battle,i still have hope.As long as the score is still 0-0,we have hope.Galletti and Lua Lua speed and havoc that they can create will be greatelly missed but at least for me,i am going to this game with only one thing in my mind.No matter who starts,who is the ref or how the game goes,i want to see our boys give there best effort.Nothing more,nothing else.This is our greatest game of the year against one of the best 10 clubs in the world.We had a really good european year,we got points for us and Greece,we won 2 away games against an Italian and a German team and we made Real Madrid respect us in both our games.It is up to us to decide how and if we are going to go out. I prefer to go out with a bang so lets mess them up greek style. :tup: :tup: :tup: :box: :box: :box: :box: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

THRYLE PEKSE GERA PEKSE ME TSAMPOUKA KAI O KOSMOS SOU THA TRAGOUDA

OE OE OE

The Spaniard, Gonzalez is ref for the game :tdown:

He's the one that allowed Liverpool to get away with murder in the 3-1 defeat at Anfield in 2004.

Our boys better be ready for a war because this ref is "homer".

Dude, keep in mind that Gonzalez was the ref for the Turkey - Greece match, and he did a pretty good job officiating that match. I wouldn't want to think one minute about the refs, sure I want him not to make too many bad calls.

All jokes aside,with the team and players that they have,the ref is the least of our problems.Dude you live in England right?,why dont you make a nice "fruit"salad and send it to them..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not poison but something like run in the bathroom kind of thing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS. I am just joking here,nobody actually should do something like that.

All jokes aside,with the team and players that they have,the ref is the least of our problems.Dude you live in England right?,why dont you make a nice "fruit"salad and send it to them..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not poison but something like run in the bathroom kind of thing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS. I am just joking here,nobody actually should do something like that.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've alread tried to hire a prostitute to sleep with Frank Lampard on Tuesday night so he's tired for the game on Wednesday! :LOL:

@ Darkhorse: I'm not saying he's going to be anti-Greek or biased against us or anything like that. But he is a weak ref that gets swayed by the crowd. The Turkey-Greece game was technical as opposed to physical so there wasn't much he could be swayed on. The penalty appeal we had in that game (I think on Kyriakos in the first half) was no way a penalty, so we didn't really get a chance to see if he'd have had the balls to stand up to the vociferous crowd. Chelsea will be physical though so how he handles that could be vital. If their dirty/overly-physical players like Essien, Makallelle, Terry, Cavarlho get away with heavy and unfair tackles it could sway the the rhythm of the game. We need a strong ref that will clamp down. Hopefully Gonzalez rises to the challenge.

I'm so excited about this game I haven't slept in about a week! 8a trella8w an kateferoume to diplo! If we're going to have any sort of chance, we have to win the spine of the pitch: Stoltidi, Ledesma, Antzas and Cesar have to be at their VERY best. GERA 8RYLLE, GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

this game is gonna come down to one chance were prlly gonna have ONE really good chance and we have to take it! Petr cech is a good goalie and we didnt test him last time. Hes gonna be tough to beat. I agree dude^ we do have to control the spine. Ledsema, stoltidis, Antzas and Cesar have been so key in our cl run this year. We couldnt have made it outta the group stage without them.

If Lemonis is smart he will put Kovacevic as a lone striker (he's going to be useless) but Mendrinos as an atacking midfielder. I am surprised no one has mentioned Mendrinos in their lineup suggestions?

4-5-1 should be the game plan, with Leonardo and Torosidis on the flanks we can score on the counter attacks easily, remember one goal and Chelsea will be fu--d mentally. I don't care that they won 4-0 against West Ham, English footbal is brutal when it comes to tactical defence.

We've had a great and fantastic european campaign and that all against the odds.

I think we can do it again, much more difficult though without the two (Galletti & Lua Lua) but there are a couple of guys hungry like us to show everyone they can and I hope they will.

Whatever happens, we have acheived our goal and have nothing to lose.

You're tactical logic is spot on. I can't fault you're argument. But from my personal opinion I'm not sure if Mendrinos is ready for a game of this calibre. However, I would rather see:

----------------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------

Zewlakow----------------Antzas-------------------------Cesar---------------------Pantos

Torosidis---------Patsa--------------Ledesma---------------Stoltidis----------------Djole

---------------------------------------Kovacevic---------------------------------------------

Although I don't know how fit Patsa is. If he's not 100% I'd play Leonardo on the left and Djole in the middle.

@ Paxiotis: I think you may be right about the 1 big chance. If we get it, we have to take it!

Although I don't know how fit Patsa is. If he's not 100% I'd play Leonardo on the left and Djole in the mid

leonardo would make a great LW imo. That could really work out. But lemonis prlly wouldnt do that. I think belluchi shuold get the start. This is why we got him. For big cl games like this. and he wants to prove his worth. So let him play...

------------------------------------Niko--------------------------------------

------Zewlakow-----------Antzas---------Cesar------------Pantos--------

------------------Torosidis-------Ledesma------Stoltidis-------------------

---------------------------Belluchi-------Djordjvic--------------------------

---------------------------------kovacevic-----------------------------------

Bring in leonardo when chelsea starts getting tired. His speed will kill them...

Nunez for belluchi

And bring in Konstantinou for kova.

I'm getting so excited with this game, I could cut the tension with a knife!

On Wednesday I'm walking into a popular British Football Pub to watch the game, wearing an Olympiakos jersey (last game I was the only Oly fan in there), and chowing down on some bangers and mash.

If we can pull this one off, I hope the glass on the windows aren't too thick, for when they throw me through them. :P

Guest TheLegend

I believe we will go into the half losing 1-0 and in our attempts to attack with our main fast paced attackers out will get scored on again and lose 2-0 or 3-1

Hopefuly im wrong.

good luck olympiakos.

i think you will get an important away goal which will be enough to see you through to the next stage

On Wednesday I'm walking into a popular British Football Pub to watch the game, wearing an Olympiakos jersey (last game I was the only Oly fan in there), and chowing down on some bangers and mash.

If we can pull this one off, I hope the glass on the windows aren't too thick, for when they throw me through them. :P

If we can pull this one off, I hope the glass on the windows aren't too thick, for when they throw me through them.  :P

Lets us know where you are and we will come to help :tup: :box:

Is the game shown live on ESPN 2????

Can someone let me know if this is the case :whistle:

Chelski will destroy us on the field BUT Spastic will score the equaliser in the 89th minute to put us thru to the 1/4's with a 1-1 draw :P :LOL: :LOL:

Galleti and Lua Lua is 80% of our counter attack solets hope we can put our chance or two away when they come our way :nw:

Guest TheLegend

First game we deserved to win at least 1-0 and it woulda helpedalot... it would give us room for a mistake...

Now with most of our counter attack shot i dont see how we will play counters???

Only thing i can think of is patsa playing dm where toro was and toro plays left wing cuz hes fast and isnt to bad but he needs to work on his crosing...

Archived