Who is going to win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• Olympiakos
    • Chelsea

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no bro, i didnt mean it that way. Im just saying that belluschi hasnt showed me anything so far in the games he has played. ergotelis,panionio,kalamaria, asteras etc were all poor performances. Today he had some free space against an indifferent opponent in the last part of the 2nd half. It was good that oly took advanage of that space but overall a poor performance.

Some guy on supersportfm said that oly should of played more open from the beggining because Chelsea didnt get that many chances?

What!

easy with the propaganda. the game could of easily been way worse.

Great run but not as lucky as in the group stage.

i see he has been better lately and it does take time for a player to get better

leonardo also showed allot

i think belluschi galletti lua lua and leonardo would of put us into the round of 8 but injuries happen so we just have to forget about the CL and focus on winning in the greek league

No offense taken nikovaz :D

today, the whole world saw the legends of hellas.

Just one thing.Everybody is allowed to their opinion but The Legends nickname came out from back in the days OSFP teams and a game against Santos.Lets not go way to analytical here because one thing is losing by Chelsea and totally different losing to,lets say Getafe,i dont know if you get my drift.

Whell i guess is what we "all" expected. Oly really didn't do anything untill the last 20 minutes of the game. They had there first shot in the 60th minute!!!!!! The two players that i really liked today where Belluci and Leonardo. They change evrything around for Oly. Oh well move on. Next year again.

Just one thing.Everybody is allowed to their opinion but The Legends nickname came out from back in the days OSFP teams and a game against Santos.Lets not go way to analytical here because one thing is losing by Chelsea and totally different losing to,lets say Getafe,i dont know if you get my drift.

ya but getafe beat real in real and oly lost to real and.. haha ok ok relax.

It doesnt mean anything. oly lost because they conceeded early.

its impossible for a greek team to compete with these high clubs.

The only reason i would want to see pao advance in the cl until the 16, because lets face it, its quite hard to go further, is for the money we would be gettin. But i would only like to see that if they take that money and invest into the team. otherwise, stay at leoforos and play in the UEFA cup.

by the way Roma beat Real in Madrid.

What a crap first half. There was one positive from this perfromace was Beluschi he actually played well. Is there a thing in Sisic contract that he has to come on. We made Chelsea look good.

No friend, chelasea made oly look bad. To prove it.. after the 3-0 they stopped pressing and placing efforts like they did in the first half and only then did oly push forward. After the 60th. Before that, Chelsea made oly look bad.

and yes Sisic must play at least 11% of total playing time of olympiakos from now to the end of the season. Obviously thats a joke.

no Oly lost because they were very very outclassed today.

Cheslea is just better, lets come to terms with that. There strikers, there midfielders, defenders are just superior, and Chelsea played very well and comfortably, while OSFP came out with their best 2 players out, and with not much confidence or inspiration.... I dont think OSFP lost simply because the early goal killed them........

Chelsea pressed hard, even when they had the ball they ran right at OSFP and took them apart..give Chelsea some credit too, OSFP didnt even have a chance till they took their foot of the pedal and relaxed in the late part of the game.

if i had santos play a 23,000 mile tour of the world and booked a match with anagennisi kardhista at the end of tour, i bet ana. kardhitsa would also be known as legends.

it's ok, bring up getafe. the former yellow thief may go to prison, your red thief still enjoys eating souvlakia as a free man. i'd rip and i have ripped on aek just the same. today is just another example of what i've been talking about for years.

That Santos team also played Pao and Aek during that stay in Greece but managed to beat both so study your stories first.No Karditsa back then.Now what Kokkalis has to do with Getafe and Chelsea that i said earlier,i dont know but your comment about souvlakia made me hungry.Damn you aek66,those are my weakness and i will enjoy many starting saturday when i am actually visiting Greece.Thanks for reminding a hungry man about souvlakia......gamoto.....i am going home ...............................damn you......souvlakia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have said it time and time again that we need a class defender if we want to do anything. We wont get by with Pantos, Antzas, and Cesar. C'mon now.

We need to try and spend some money on a defender, maybe also look at Albelda for the midfield and for God sake get a striker who can create and push the tempo. Kovacevic is only good for headers and he's also 35 years old. Lua Lua doesn't score enough to be a threat at that position.

Portugese teams have a little of an upper hand because they get many youthful brazilians and become portugese players. but porto is one team that keeps selling and bringing in young talent over and over and are always in the top 20 clubs of europe.

As for turkish football lets not forget that they spend big bucks and have been for years now.

we should give credit where credit is due. olympiakos played a very good group phase and beat a team like werder twice. today they had a horrible game. chelsea exposed all the weaknesses olympiakos has. but losing in london doesnt mean that greek football is at historical lowpoint. chelsea as opposed to olympiakos is a top european team. add to the mix that olympiakos missed two key players, realitically speaking what can you expect? what did surprise me though was the clumsy defending and absolute inability to cope with chelsea at any time. but then again i was also surprised positivey by the way olympiakos played in madrid and bremen.

torosidis had some good moments but also had many horrible sloppy passes along the way. all it proved to me was that antzas is not replacing dellas any time soon.

Guest TheLegend

I give Lemonis 80% of the blame bad luck 10% and poor performance 10%...

We should NOT have gone into this game with 0-0 agg playing defensivly. We had 2 attacking players on the feild... djordevic and kovacevic...my school team can shut djole down if we triple him like Chelsea did and that means no service to Kovacevic...

I blame Lemonis 100% on the first game. We caught Chelsea on a bad day for them but isntead of scoring a goal or 2 which we deserved a goal we sat back and many of you and that vlaka lemonis were satisfied. Today the first goal was horrendous defending as well as the 2nd. Chelsea dominated the midfeild but didnt really have to many chances. They had 4 chances scored 3 goals (credit to nikopolidis). We had 2 chances scored 0. On the other hand once again we lost this game cuz of the first game 0-0 is terrible score especially going back to england to play....we KNEW we had to score... so we should have risked losing 1-0 in the first game and maybe coming out iwht a 1-0 or 2-0 win. You know we woulda gona through today with a 2-0 score because we would have played possesion and pass the ball back nonstop. Lemonis feilded the team like a team defending a lead. Yes players were injured but still, why bring on sisic. Why BRING ON A DEFENDER FOR AN ATTACKER.... YOUR DOWN 3-0, yes leonardo helps attack but at that point it was over. Take out a defender and put him in if you really wanted to score. Lemonis once again with terrible coaching. Cant hold this team together and cant sub at the right time every in his life...

On a good note Bellushi finaly stepped up today. I criticize him more than anyone based on we paid 7m for nothing in 4 games. Seems likes he warmed up and will start improving from now on which will help alot.

Lemonis in a press conference said this team shows positives in the future. Lemon, this is all I agree with you on. This team does have a future, but unfrotunatly for you, you arent in that future, especially if you dont win the cup with this killer team where you play defensive every game. Us playing defensive every game home/away and against small teams also killed us. We needed a coach with creativity and with all players fit, a good coach, and 1-2 more players for depth in the bench (sisic isnt depth) we can make it into the 8 next year.

We have great players. Arguably Galleti is the best player right now in Greece. Doesnt seem like it but hes one hell of a player and has brains too. He knows what to do in every situation. Yes Lua Lua would have been suited for a tough game today but Id rather have Galleti on the feild because he KNOWS how to play. Unlike our coach...

Another thing that pissed me off along with that douche commentator on ESPN is that Chelsea, although controlling the midfeild, dropped like ###### flies. Its sad being 3-0 up you have to be diving for every tiny touch. Makalele with 3 elbows to Belluschis head as well as a slide ticket from carvalho into Antzas' back. Its not the refs im blaming but Chelsea did get saved by not getting any players suspended for their next leg..

All in all the first game F***ed us up. We needed to win. 0-0 at home is not an accomplishment at all.. If we outplay and cant score against any team at home how the F*** we gona do it away. Kolo lemonis...ante geia kai esi to kalokeri kai pare ton filarako sou to sisic mazi.

if i had santos play a 23,000 mile tour of the world and booked a match with anagennisi kardhista at the end of tour, i bet ana. kardhitsa would also be known as legends.

it's ok, bring up getafe. the former yellow thief may go to prison, your red thief still enjoys eating souvlakia as a free man. i'd rip and i have ripped on aek just the same. today is just another example of what i've been talking about for years.

That Santos team also played Pao and Aek during that stay in Greece but managed to beat both so study your stories first.No Karditsa back then.Now what Kokkalis has to do with Getafe and Chelsea that i said earlier,i dont know but your comment about souvlakia made me hungry.Damn you aek66,those are my weakness and i will enjoy many starting saturday when i am actually visiting Greece.Thanks for reminding a hungry man about souvlakia......gamoto.....i am going home ...............................damn you......souvlakia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
ok, apolapse ta souvlakia. otan bgaivei h kritiki gia tov thrylo, olo avafereis thn aekaki. ma, ti sxesh exei to eva me to allo; dev exw problima paradexovtas ta ellatomata/alhtheia kai kako kethestos ths enosis...

...sa'pws, to biblio me thn istoria tou thrylou divei megalh simasia gia to santos kai pele, alla, divei simasia stous rosenberg kai molde; ama divei, uparxei mathima; to pathima eivai to mathima; etsi dev lene;

sta teleutaia 10 xprvia, o thrylos mallon exei eispraxei guro sta 60 ekat. euro gia CL. ti ta exete kavei; beltiothike h omada sou, h brisketai stou idiou epipedou podosfairou (poiotita kai europaika apotelesmata) tou 1997;

...ta leme

Katse re megale,uparxei diafora apo to na kanei kapoios kritiki kai apo to na pikarei i na kanei eironika sxoliakia.Min ta mperdeuome olla.Den exo kanena provlima kai prepei na mporeis na kaneis kai na dexesai kritiki gia olla ta themata tis zois,auto einai to sosto alla ama kapoios teleionei me tin ekfrasei,(the whole world saw the legends of hellas)sugnomi alla den vlepo kritiki edo,vlepo eironeiki diathesi kai prepei na to sxoleiaso.Den kano sugriseis metaksi Olympiakou kai Aek alla esu piges se Psomiadi kai Kokkali,oxi ego.Kai tora sunexizeis me tin istoria kai tin europaiki poreia tou olympiakou.An perimeneis na deis to Olympiako na xanei stin europi gia na askiseis geniki kritiki na to ksero tin epomeni fora,na eimai proetoimasmenos o anthropos......... :wacko:

Oso gia tin teleutaia erotisi gia to ti ginane ta 60 ekatomuria,the anoiksoume ena neo topic na sou analeiso pou pigane leptomeros.

.......sigoura tha ta ksanapoume ;)

What a horrbile performence! Where were olympiakos at the start? They were on the field but where were there minds? They didnt come prepared to this game. Playing chelsea away isnt like your playing levandiakos away. Agasnt levandiakos a unpreparend and unfocused olympiakos can squeeze out a 1-0 win of a couter attack goal. But when you go to stamford bridge and play a team like chelsea un prepared your gonna have problems. The players werent pumped at the start. They didnt want to win. They were lazy on there defending, slow passing with the ball, slow running with the ball etc. Its the biggest game in olympiakos history (as far as i know) and the team didnt look like the wanted to win in the first half.

That first half was awful! Hands down our worst half this cl run. Why was no one doing anything? Was chelsea that good? Maybee they are too good for us. Today they were. But on our day they arent.

DID ANYONE SEE THE GAME ON SENTANTA SPORTS??

:angry: I wanted to kill the commentators and the half time analysts. Some of the most arrogent, full of them selves englezi basters ive ever herd. They offended me. Saying such bad stuff about greek football. they were mocking olympiakos at half time. They said "we should go to some greek hotels and find some waiters who can give us a better game then thesse guys then they all laughed) And then they showed the torosidis cross taht whent to noone and were laughin very hard and said "that was close". "there are some league 1 sides that are better then them". OH YA BUDDY!!?! GUESS WHAT? ENGLAND ARENT GOING TO THE EURO! ENGLAND DIDNT WIN THE LAST EURO! JOHN TERRY, FRANK LAMPARD AND JOE COLE ARE NOT THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD FOR THEIR POSITIONS! The stuff that these guys were saying was actally really pissing me off :angry:

Anyways im gonna end on a happy note. We finished the game really strong. As soon as belluchi came in the game changed. Him and leonardo. great players. Exclent. I new they shoulda started. Antzas also had a good chance on the header. He was fooled on it too. If u see the replay watch the elbows of the chelsea player right after he heads it. But yes had belluchi started we coulda done better. Lemonis fault? yes. But i dont wanna hear any crap about him being a bad coach. Without him we woulda never made it this far.

ANOTHER THING SENTANTA SAID ABOUT OUR TEAM THAT WAS PISSING ME OFF: THE KEPT MAKING FUN OF LEMONIS POST GAME. tHEY KEPT SAYING WHAT AN UNPASSIONATE COACH HE IS AND THEY SAID THAT THE PLAYERS DONT RESPECT HIM AND DONT WANNA WIN FOR HIM? there just making up crap as they go. that is not true!

example, in turkey, a german and pole totally modified turkish football culture by putting emphasis on academies. the turks stepped aside and allowed people that knew football to improve turkish football. the proof is in the pudding: uefa cup win and a 3rd place world cup medal.

No no no no no.

Dont let yourself think for a minute Turkish football is so great or that they know what theyre doing....

Fener is having a good season in Europe, Thats a very very rare thing. It must be that Zico is a wonder coach, and that Fener money for once is paying off. Its not that all of a sudden theyre buying new players - remember when Fenerbahce were signing huge players like Anelka, Ortega Pierre Van Hoidonk, Appiah and still total losers?

Usually theyre getting a handuful of 6-0 and 4-0 losses..

Besiktas broke even Olympaikos record this year losing 8-0! Galatasaray were anialated 5-1 in Leverkusen!

Also if you ever watch lower teams in Turkey play you will see that a lot of the play is god- awful, and yes its worse than Greek league.......Ankaragucu, Ankaraspor, even Besitkas is pretty bad (no offense BJK, better times will come for them)

And Mentioning Turkey's world cup 3rd place has to be a joke, especially when compared to what Greece is doing (winning the Euro), Its really not that big an accomplishment.

To get to 3rd in the WC, in the entire world they played

Brazil (lost, fought well though)

Costa Rica (COULD NOT EVEN BEAT COSTA RICA)

China (god awful team)

Then played only had to beat Japan, Senegal, South Korea to claim THIRD. Lets not forget Japan were bad, and Korea cheated to get there anyways.

Thats a JOKE. Senegal was a good squad who got the hype but even Turks were lucky to win.

So looking back at playing Japan, China, Korea, Costa Rica and Senegal is not 3rd place. Not having to play one European or South American team in the world cup (except Brazil which they lost twice) is probably the easiest route you can ever get in the World Cup.

And honestly mentioning national teams....I do beleive Greece won the Euro Cup which is way better and more difficult than winning 3rd place in the world cup.....going through Portugal (ON HOME SOIL) twice, Spain, Czech Rep, France...is way more impressive. And besides, Greece totally outplayed the Turks in Ali Sami Yen. :gr:

I give Lemonis 80% of the blame bad luck 10% and poor performance 10%...

give all the credit to Chelsea who gave 100%.

Even on your best day with all your best players, you were not winning this one. not on this day. Your coach couldnt do anything here, he was trying to prevent a bloodbath

You wanna blame someone or something, blame your payroll. Greek teams dont & wont spend on a big time player, a big time player wont come here & if you make it this far you lose BIG time

example, in turkey, a german and pole totally modified turkish football culture by putting emphasis on academies. the turks stepped aside and allowed people that knew football to improve turkish football. the proof is in the pudding: uefa cup win and a 3rd place world cup medal.

No no no no no.

Dont let yourself think for a minute Turkish football is so great or that they know what theyre doing....

Fener is having a good season in Europe, Thats a very very rare thing. It must be that Zico is a wonder coach, and that Fener money for once is paying off. Its not that all of a sudden theyre buying new players - remember when Fenerbahce were signing huge players like Anelka, Ortega Pierre Van Hoidonk, Appiah and still total losers?

Usually theyre getting a handuful of 6-0 and 4-0 losses..

Besiktas broke even Olympaikos record this year losing 8-0! Galatasaray were anialated 5-1 in Leverkusen!

Also if you ever watch lower teams in Turkey play you will see that a lot of the play is god- awful, and yes its worse than Greek league.......Ankaragucu, Ankaraspor, even Besitkas is pretty bad (no offense BJK, better times will come for them)

And Mentioning Turkey's world cup 3rd place has to be a joke, especially when compared to what Greece is doing (winning the Euro), Its really not that big an accomplishment.

To get to 3rd in the WC, in the entire world they played

Brazil (lost, fought well though)

Costa Rica (COULD NOT EVEN BEAT COSTA RICA)

China (god awful team)

Then played only had to beat Japan, Senegal, South Korea to claim THIRD. Lets not forget Japan were bad, and Korea cheated to get there anyways.

Thats a JOKE. Senegal was a good squad who got the hype but even Turks were lucky to win.

So looking back at playing Japan, China, Korea, Costa Rica and Senegal is not 3rd place. Not having to play one European or South American team in the world cup (except Brazil which they lost twice) is probably the easiest route you can ever get in the World Cup.

And honestly mentioning national teams....I do beleive Greece won the Euro Cup which is way better and more difficult than winning 3rd place in the world cup.....going through Portugal (ON HOME SOIL) twice, Spain, Czech Rep, France...is way more impressive. And besides, Greece totally outplayed the Turks in Ali Sami Yen. :gr:

But in general turks are more sucessful abroad. Aek66 is saying that turkey is better at developping and i think hes right. Although there population is way bigger thhen greeces they do have have way mroe sucessfull football players. Outside of Turkey, theyre are a bunch of players who are really excelling in top leagues ( Nihat, Tuncay, Emre, Tugay, The Altintop twins). While in greece we have a bunch of people who are sorta excelling for small clubs.

Guys as a die hard Olympiakos supporter we should be applauding our side for giving is us hope with their group stage performances which finally gave us two great wins away and which played some great soccer in the last 6 months in europe :nw:

The truth is that we left our worst performance till the end which leaves a sour taste BUT just remember we played against an opposition which has a budget of almost half a BILLION euro compared to 45 million euro and we had half of our budget on the sidelines :whistle:

Not to mention that this Chelsea side with Murinio,Grant or myself :P coaching them can do anything on any given day and the fact is that they remain undefeated in their last 20 Champions League games and have ONLY lost 1 game in their 119 at Stamford Bridge :o

As I said there are NO excuses and with some good buys in the off season we can only get better B)

Bellucci today showed that when he blends in with the team he will be great for OLYMPIAKOS :gr:

Archived