Phantis Forums

Chelsea - Olympiakos

Crazy

Who is going to win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• Olympiakos
    • Chelsea

Good post red magic! I agree. Every olympiakos fan should applaud this team. They put olympiakos on the map. Now upcomming stars want to play for us. This year brought us potentially one of our great FERNANDO BELLUCHI who played awsome today. We made tons of cash this year and lets see who well get in europe.

Nobody forget how badly this team was supposed to suck before the year started!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheLegend

I give Lemonis 80% of the blame bad luck 10% and poor performance 10%...

give all the credit to Chelsea who gave 100%.

Even on your best day with all your best players, you were not winning this one. not on this day. Your coach couldnt do anything here, he was trying to prevent a bloodbath

You wanna blame someone or something, blame your payroll. Greek teams dont & wont spend on a big time player, a big time player wont come here & if you make it this far you lose BIG time

if our defense played as well as the first leg and we had galleti and lua lua on agood day a goal was not unrealistic.... and neither is not conceeding... the goals we conceeded were from garbage defending... not a good shot or a great cross... just garbage defending....

Lemonis fault? yes. But i dont wanna hear any crap about him being a bad coach. Without him we woulda never made it this far.

Sory but I can not stand this Any more.

Are you guys that stupid or what?

To quote from sportnews (that we all know is As red As possible)

"

congratulations on olympiakos for doing well in the champions league campaign..

it is good to give greece recognition..

Lets not kid our selves Lemonis got out coached by Grant. This tie was lost in Greece when we played 2 defensive . We should have attacked the game more. Lemonis was too busy worrying not to lose that game then winning it. Its a greek mentality to think we are inferior of the Likes of Chelsea etc. We should take a lesson for euro 2004 side anyone can be beaten on any given day.

Lemonis fault? yes. But i dont wanna hear any crap about him being a bad coach. Without him we woulda never made it this far.

Sory but I can not stand this Any more.

Are you guys that stupid or what?

To quote from sportnews (that we all know is As red As possible)

"

no bro, i didnt mean it that way. Im just saying that belluschi hasnt showed me anything so far in the games he has played. ergotelis,panionio,kalamaria, asteras etc were all poor performances. Today he had some free space against an indifferent opponent in the last part of the 2nd half. It was good that oly took advanage of that space but overall a poor performance.

Some guy on supersportfm said that oly should of played more open from the beggining because Chelsea didnt get that many chances?

What!

easy with the propaganda. the game could of easily been way worse.

Great run but not as lucky as in the group stage.

i see he has been better lately and it does take time for a player to get better

leonardo also showed allot

i think belluschi galletti lua lua and leonardo would of put us into the round of 8 but injuries happen so we just have to forget about the CL and focus on winning in the greek league

No offense taken nikovaz :D

Huh?

Belluschi, Leonardo, Lua Lua, Galletti, the Prime Minister of Greece, two evzones, and the rest of the Greek NT still would not have beat Chelsea's SECOND team, much the less their first.

Not sure if I've ever seen a more lopsided CL game in the knockout stage. Oly didn't even have a shot on goal until over an hour had passed. It looked like a training seesion. The only thing missing for Oly were the yellow vests.

An don't forget, Chelsea had a perfectly good goal disallowed. This could have been a trouncing of epic proportions. In any event, the "spectacle" we were forced to endure was bad enough itself.

p.s. good thing Chelsea took the foot off the pedal and Oly had something like 4 shots on goal in the last 5 minutes. 5 shots on goal in total, 4 in the last 5 minutes. I think that says it all for Oly.

First time ever on ESPN2 and we were shamed in London. But come on, what did you all expect? Instead, I'm proud that we did as well as we did. They came to Peiraia, to Karaiskaki, to our house and got NOTHING. We're on the map now, we are no longer a doormat in the Group Stage, and we have a lot to be proud for.

Did you guys all watch the same match as I?

I don't care if you guys had Mourinho or Menotti as coach, you would not have avoided the drubbing. The difference in roster/team quality was startling. Not even close.

If you started with a more offensive formation, you probably would have copped 5 or 6. Belluschi looked good, for the most part, because Chelsea conceded time and space for him to play in, seeing it was already 3-0. If Belluschi started the game, the result and level of play for Olympiakos would have been the same.

For Gods sake, this is a team that brings Schevchenko, Essien, Malouda, Phillips, etc........ off the bench.

I'm glad many Oly supporters feel this game put them on the map, but IMO, it thoroughly exposed thrylos and Greek soccer in general. If THIS type of performance puts you on the map, kaikame........................................

I sat and watched the entire match. Normally, I have no love lost for arrogant English commentators. But on this night, Bobby Smith and his sidekick were spot on .... it was a training session ........... and I think they were being generous.

Did you guys all watch the same match as I?

I don't care if you guys had Mourinho or Menotti as coach, you would not have avoided the drubbing. The difference in roster/team quality was startling. Not even close.

If you started with a more offensive formation, you probably would have copped 5 or 6. Belluschi looked good, for the most part, because Chelsea conceded time and space for him to play in, seeing it was already 3-0. If Belluschi started the game, the result and level of play for Olympiakos would have been the same.

For Gods sake, this is a team that brings Schevchenko, Essien, Malouda, Phillips, etc........ off the bench.

I'm glad many Oly supporters feel this game put them on the map, but IMO, it thoroughly exposed thrylos and Greek soccer in general. If THIS type of performance puts you on the map, kaikame........................................

I sat and watched the entire match. Normally, I have no love lost for arrogant English commentators. But on this night, Bobby Smith and his sidekick were spot on .... it was a training session ........... and I think they were being generous.

excellent post.

the english league is too strong now, last 3 finals had an english team and last years semis had 3 english teams

se ti ofeiletai auto to thlivepo katavdima; ama xepeis..thelo na mou to exhgiseis.

Stous tuflous vasileuei o monofthalmos.To podosfairo mas pote den prokeitai na ginei i na ftasei kapou konta se pio psila epipeda kai na meinei ekei giati kanenas den to sturizei pano se sosstes vaseis(Upodomi,akadimies,podosfairiki epagelmatiki noootropia kai oxi kafeneio style,gipeda epipedou kai oxi xorafia,epagelmaties diaitites eite ellines i ksenous,nomoi kai kanones pou tirountai apo oles tis omades,epagelmaties kai texnokrates anti lamogia kai upikooi na dioikoun,kameres sta gipeda kai poines alla agglia kai oxi tis "omorfies" tis ellados,efimerides kai media pou enimeronoune kai oxi kathorizoune i kanoun propaganda,prosopiki asfaleia mesa sta gipeda pou tin plironoun oi omades kai oxi astinomia,metagrafes epipedou kai oxi tou patou).Olla auta kai kamia dekaria akoma prepei na ginoun gia na allaksei to olo epipedo.Alla mexri tora o Kokkalis kai o kathe kokkalis,Nikolaidis,Vardinogiannis den endiaferetai gia to sunolo alla gia tin parti tou.O kokkalis xalaei lefta otan goustarei alla exei kai ta kompex tou,o nikolaidis prospathei na ftiaksei gupedo alla den uparxei kai afthono to xrima na trexei kai o Vardinogiannis pou eno ta exei ta lefta,kanei metagrafes mono gia ta matia tou kosmou kai gia na kontrarei to Gianakopoulo i tin PEK.

crazy

“Are you guys that stupid or what?”

This was a comment borne from frustration alas an inappropriate one.

You might want to also notice that these comments

might be contradicting.

“But i dont wanna hear any crap about him being a bad coach”

And

“Everybody is free to say their opinion in here”

As for the rest everyone has an opinion.

Do not sent your money either my friend.

I think your argument is rather weak.

I do not judge my team according to how well another team might

have played ,and may I suggest either should you.

The problem yesterday was that the 62 million played like 62 Euro.

The guys complaining about what that the ESPN commentators said,

might want to consider that our team allowed them to say such insults.

I am embarrassed to say that some of their comments were right on, and

that bothered me.

Nah, the ESPN2 commentators were pretty bad. Tommy Smyth complained about pretty much every call against Chelsea. Yes we played bad, but we knew who this man wanted to win before the match even started. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. We were supposed to get last in our group, and we moved on to group stage. Who thought that was even possible after losing Rivaldo and Castillo? I sure didn't. Sure, we still have much work to do, to become among the elite in Europe. We have to learn how to not get spanked in England, for one. Maybe we grew too complacent after holding them in Peiraia, which was a great result, that again, I didn't even think possible. They know who we are now, and now, other European clubs will take us seriously in the Group Stage.

To ESPN2's credit however, they did acknowledge that we are NOT from Athens.

thryla13 you are entitled to your opinion. When i said i dont wanna hear any crap about lemonis being a bad coach i didnt mean dont say anything bad about him. Im just saying that im sick and tired of people blaming him. I no sometimes he has his bad decisions, but the guy can never win. Im sorry but this was a comment borne from frustration alas an inappropriate one. (im serious im not moking you).

Btw i wasnt complaing about the espn commintators. It was the sentana fans that really got to me i was actally offeneded.

crazy

“Are you guys that stupid or what?”

This was a comment borne from frustration alas an inappropriate one.

You might want to also notice that these comments

might be contradicting.

“But i dont wanna hear any crap about him being a bad coach”

And

“Everybody is free to say their opinion in here”

As for the rest everyone has an opinion.

Do not sent your money either my friend.

I think your argument is rather weak.

I do not judge my team according to how well another team might

have played ,and may I suggest either should you.

The problem yesterday was that the 62 million played like 62 Euro.

The guys complaining about what that the ESPN commentators said,

might want to consider that our team allowed them to say such insults.

I am embarrassed to say that some of their comments were right on, and

that bothered me.

I was not just making an argument,i just stated how i see our current situation.I just dont feel that i should go on and piant everything black.Not yet at least.

This was a disaster of epic proportions and if I was the chairman there'd be SERIOUS consequences. Chelsea play teams like Huddersfield in the cup and they put up a better show!

I've got to say though, some of the analysis here is shocking. Nikopolidis was not to blame for ANY of the goals and it's ridiculous to expect him to have done anything else. The first goal was ridiculous marking from Patsa. The second was a schoolboy error from Antzas, failing to come out with the rest of his backline and keeping everyone onside. Nikopolidi reacted decently to the shot from close range, it wasn't his fault. The third goal was shambolic!!! Patsa ducked out of the way of the ball ffs!!!! While Torosidi just fell over. It was a shambles and what's worse is that the plays don't give a s%$#!. Torosidis was having a laugh on with the guys on the bench when he got subbed. Compare that to the Arsenal players who were arguing after the 7-0 win over Slavia Prague because one passing move broke down, and you can see the difference between a winner and a loser.

Nikopolidis: 6: Average performance, could do nothing about the goals.

Pantos: 6: Joe Cole was fairly quiet but Pantos was caught out of position on a couple of occasions.

Antzas: 3: Ridiculous positioning, movement and passing.

Cesar: 9: If it wasn't for him we'd have conceded another 6 goals.

Zewlakow: 6: Workded hard, and is a clever player. Was a shame to see such a proud player play next to Antza!

Torosidis: 7: Stumbled on the second goal but overall showed great athleticism. He has the potential to go all the way to the top.

Djole: 5: Worked hard but his passing was ridiculous.

Patsa: 1: The worst performance I've ever seen from any player in such a big game. His passing was disgusting, his positioning was even worse. He didn't use his brain, he was weak on the ball. He was just abysmal.

Ledesma: 2: Almost as bad as Patsa. His passes were blind, his movement was terrible, his positioning was a joke. He was just terrible.

Stoltidis: 2: As bad as Ledesma and Patsa. His lack of pace meant that in real terms he wasn't even there!

Kovacevic: 5: Worked hard and I have great respect for him for that, but he was completely dominated by John Terry.

SUBS:

Belluschi: 9: If that goal had gone in I'd have given him a 10. His movement was incredible, always finding space. His skill was amazingly exciting and he worked sooo hard. Remember that slide tackle that almost broke their midfielder in half (I think it was on Lampard). So happy to have him with us. He'll become as big a cult figure as Castillo was.

Leonardo: 7: Showed some good individual touches and was confident. His decison-making could have been better but overall I was impressed.

Sisic: 6: Worked hard, did ok.

Others:

Lemonis: 3: I'm one of his backers, but yesterday was shocking. I swear, after the first 20 seconds I said the score would be 3 or 4 nil. We started with a high defensive backline and our centre-midfielders were pressing their centre-midfielders so far up the pitch that the space between our defence and midfield was always so large. We left them soooo many gaps!!! What was the logic in that??? In Greece we played defensively and reserved, and at Stamford Bridge we wanted to press all over the park??? Stay compact and tight re gamoto!!! Teach the team to work and move in a unit!!! Shambolic! No other word for it!

The Fans: 10: Nothing else to say but, the best! No one else can do what our fans do. Fenerbache, Galatasary, Liverpool, Boca, kai m*****es... They are NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to Gate 7. Completely different level. Those fans deserve some CL glory gamoto.

The Future: Olympiakos MUST keep Belluschi, Lua Lua, Galletti, Zewlakow, Cesar, Torosidis, and when they get back, Domi and Bravo. Every other position needs strengthening. I now we've done so well in Europe up until now, but this game highlighted the teams limitations.

Guest TheLegend

First time ever on ESPN2 and we were shamed in London. But come on, what did you all expect? Instead, I'm proud that we did as well as we did. They came to Peiraia, to Karaiskaki, to our house and got NOTHING. We're on the map now, we are no longer a doormat in the Group Stage, and we have a lot to be proud for.

They didnt get anything in Greece? or we didnt get anything? The home team has the pressure. Not the away team. That game in Greece F***ed us up. Chelsea played so bad that day. Seemed like a relegation bound team in England but lemonis is focused more on saying "O I led the team to tie Chelsea" then to get the win. We shoulda won that game not playing full out defensive even when we had complete domination in the mid at some points... Lemonis... no matter what happened this year... will be our downfall.. He never goes for a win. He just tries not to lose. If we played in the last 10 minutes the whole game Chelsea would not have had more possesion than us.. A good attacking pressuring team keeps the other teams attack back. We put one foward to be serviced by who? Lemonis kept everyone back even the wings... So how is kovacevic supposed to score to those of you with the stupid idea of benching him for the rest of the season.... You expect him to run to mid, dribble 8 ppl, rip a shot from 35 yards and score? Stupidity...

Lemonis F***ed us this year with his terrible coaching and formations...

and btw... Lemonis didnt win in bremen. He had no part in how well the team played those games. He forced them to play back but they didnt follow along and attacked.. Thats how we won those games... with defensive formations and our team attacking against Lemonis' will...

And if you lemon lovers give him credit for all the wins he must receive blame for all the losses...

Btw to the diehard aek fan with the yellow fever wgho thinks antzas is trash and that terrible slow nutmeg dummy dellas should always start on the NY, antzas did not play bad that game. First goal was zewlakow who didnt jump. 2nd goal was the whole defense but him..

Cezar played well except for the second goal the CB's played well... Chelsea didnt have that many oppurtinities in our box anyways... they just scored from 4 shots they scored 3..

This was a disaster of epic proportions and if I was the chairman there'd be SERIOUS consequences. Chelsea play teams like Huddersfield in the cup and they put up a better show!

I've got to say though, some of the analysis here is shocking. Nikopolidis was not to blame for ANY of the goals and it's ridiculous to expect him to have done anything else. The first goal was ridiculous marking from Patsa. The second was a schoolboy error from Antzas, failing to come out with the rest of his backline and keeping everyone onside. Nikopolidi reacted decently to the shot from close range, it wasn't his fault. The third goal was shambolic!!! Patsa ducked out of the way of the ball ffs!!!! While Torosidi just fell over. It was a shambles and what's worse is that the plays don't give a s%$#!. Torosidis was having a laugh on with the guys on the bench when he got subbed. Compare that to the Arsenal players who were arguing after the 7-0 win over Slavia Prague because one passing move broke down, and you can see the difference between a winner and a loser.

sums up everything thats wrong with our game, lacked belief and played like autograph hunters. only at 3-0 down did oly begin to play abit. going to work today was not pleasant!!! :angry:

here's my take on your comment - almost 10 years ago, olympiakos away to juventus was on espn. olympiakos was flattered by a 2-1 loss (last minute olympiakos penalty that peruzzi even got a hand to), juve bossed the match ala chelsea yeasterday.

since then, olympiakos has gotten tens of millions of drx./euro from CL appearances, and the truth is: that the gap between the olympiakos of 1999 against a top euro side in juventus is the same or even worse than the 2008 olympiakos against a top euro side in chelsea.

this points to inept management and the lack of any type of football accumen/plan from the director - either louvaris and now ivic. it's idiotic, west ham united invest some 2.5-3 million euro a year in their class academy. olympiakos doesn't have that kind of money?

the truth is, olympiakos rely upon greek players schooled in football from lessor greek sides (most sides don't even have floodlights and can only practice at dawn/dusk in the hot summer) and the gap of talent/skill is just painfully evident when olympiakos play in europe. to me, this is the #1 reason olympiakos fails in europe.

rosenborg grooms home-grown talent. rosenborg drew chelsea 1-1 last fall. olympiakos neglects it's academy and relies upon foreigners to pull a tiny amount of respect in a 3-0 loss.

case closed.

who are olympiakos 3 best home-grown current prospects? kyriakos papadopoulos (centerback), kosta mendrinos (midfield) and lefteris matsoukas (forward). let's see what happens to this generation....we don't even know if they are getting proper coaching.

arsenal have an entire team of foreigners and are successful, they don't even spend that much on some of their players, we need better scouting and training someone like arsene wenger managing in greece would do wonders for our league

Guest TheLegend

Nikopolidis: 6: Average performance, could do nothing about the goals.

Pantos: 6: Joe Cole was fairly quiet but Pantos was caught out of position on a couple of occasions.

Antzas: 3: Ridiculous positioning, movement and passing.

Cesar: 9: If it wasn't for him we'd have conceded another 6 goals.

Zewlakow: 6: Workded hard, and is a clever player. Was a shame to see such a proud player play next to Antza!

Torosidis: 7: Stumbled on the second goal but overall showed great athleticism. He has the potential to go all the way to the top.

Djole: 5: Worked hard but his passing was ridiculous.

Patsa: 1: The worst performance I've ever seen from any player in such a big game. His passing was disgusting, his positioning was even worse. He didn't use his brain, he was weak on the ball. He was just abysmal.

Ledesma: 2: Almost as bad as Patsa. His passes were blind, his movement was terrible, his positioning was a joke. He was just terrible.

Stoltidis: 2: As bad as Ledesma and Patsa. His lack of pace meant that in real terms he wasn't even there!

Kovacevic: 5: Worked hard and I have great respect for him for that, but he was completely dominated by John Terry.

SUBS:

Belluschi: 9: If that goal had gone in I'd have given him a 10. His movement was incredible, always finding space. His skill was amazingly exciting and he worked sooo hard. Remember that slide tackle that almost broke their midfielder in half (I think it was on Lampard). So happy to have him with us. He'll become as big a cult figure as Castillo was.

Leonardo: 7: Showed some good individual touches and was confident. His decison-making could have been better but overall I was impressed.

Sisic: 6: Worked hard, did ok.

Others:

Lemonis: 3: I'm one of his backers, but yesterday was shocking. I swear, after the first 20 seconds I said the score would be 3 or 4 nil. We started with a high defensive backline and our centre-midfielders were pressing their centre-midfielders so far up the pitch that the space between our defence and midfield was always so large. We left them soooo many gaps!!! What was the logic in that??? In Greece we played defensively and reserved, and at Stamford Bridge we wanted to press all over the park??? Stay compact and tight re gamoto!!! Teach the team to work and move in a unit!!! Shambolic! No other word for it!

The Fans: 10: Nothing else to say but, the best! No one else can do what our fans do. Fenerbache, Galatasary, Liverpool, Boca, kai m*****es... They are NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to Gate 7. Completely different level. Those fans deserve some CL glory gamoto.

The Future: Olympiakos MUST keep Belluschi, Lua Lua, Galletti, Zewlakow, Cesar, Torosidis, and when they get back, Domi and Bravo. Every other position needs strengthening. I now we've done so well in Europe up until now, but this game highlighted the teams limitations.

Dude. Antzas was not at fault the rebound was not offsides... even if antzas wasnt there the players were still BEHIND THE GUY WITH THE BALL... Your ratings are way off on some players. 1 bad pass in some random moment doesnt ruin a game where they played better than most of the others

torosidis is a very good player..... if he becomes great and more teams want him unfortunately we might have to sell him even though he is the best. if we happen to make over 10mil on him, then we can buy quality players to be a better team.

we love you toro dont think we are gonna give him away

the key is not to make such errors. sam allardyce got okocha djorkaef campo giannakopoulos and many others all on free transfers and bolton began to qualify for the uefa cup. he even had fernando hierro there paid 150000gbp for ben haim and signed anelka. meanwhile in greece we end up with players like seric & biscan

Archived