Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Levadeiakos

MadBoy13

We look good on the creative side but with one DM it's much easier for Levadiakos to create chances too. Equi doesn't look particularly good, so it would be nice to see Kara with Simao on the midfield and Ninis on the wing. Not up to me, of course, but I thought it would be cool to play manager for once!

equi is playing to deep in the midfield..id like to see him play alittle more of an advanced role...he is being told by peseiro to sit back alittle deeper in the mid..

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We look good now, the referee and his assistants are beyond pathetic. They must be blind or they forgot their glasses today. Most of their screw-ups are in our favor today.

Pap missed three amazing chances so far! He moves in space nicely, he just needs to finish.

Drakos: you are right somewhat. Stats tell only part of the story, but they are useful sometimes.

stats in football never tell the full story to be honest....thats part of what makes the game so interesting, so free flowing....it cant be just quantified

Pap is trying very hard, I hope he is trying to turn a new leaf ... but even with his efforts hes still struggling (excluding that chance)...maybe Peseiro should send him on vacation and let him get his head together, i dont understand how Papadopoulos has gone from one of the best strikers in Greece to this....I dont know about 3 amazing chances man...ive only seen one, maybe i missed the other 2 just now away from tv....? His off ball movement is better than recently, but not great, &nsbp; &nsbp; and hes still very slow.

I count three chances for PAP: The nice shot blocked by the goalkeeper, the cross that he chose not to head home (tried the chest stop), and the tet-a-tet the goalkeeper blocked.

equi is playing to deep in the midfield..id like to see him play alittle more of an advanced role...he is being told by peseiro to sit back alittle deeper in the mid..

True, but that is not the reason for his numerous mistakes and lack of enthusiasm when we don't have the ball.

I think it has to do more with us playing a flat-4 in midfield. He has to be in the same line as the other midfielders when we defend especially.

True, but that is not the reason for his numerous mistakes and lack of enthusiasm when we don't have the ball.

oh..im not using it as an excuse, im just saying id like to see him push forward alittle more...hes playing too deep in my opinion and doesnt look all that comfortable...

You weren't wrong T. The first 25 or so, Eki played a flat line midfield with kara,simao and Ivan. It changed following the 2 chances by Levadiakos and peseiro chose to play a 4-1-3-2 with Simao as the lone DM.

Either way, a decent first half with 3 good chances all going to pap and him missing two sitters. I think his time with pao is done. He lacks that certain something up front that would make him a star. He lacks the killer instinct.

I see Postiga or Salpi coming in the 2nd and if we get a goal or two before the 65-70 i see Ninis coming on as well. Eki looked shaky at first but after the 25 he picked up his game playing the CM role.

Ndoye is one step behind twice already otherwise he would of had 2 tete a tetes.

Sariegi is definately not PAO material. He has good technical skills but is way too slow that he cant cover his mistakes.

Id like to see another goal as Levadia have shown they can do damage on the counter.

, the cross that he chose not to head home (tried the chest stop),

dude......thats an amazing chance? you dont beleive thats overstating things ? That was not a chance, or an amazing chance, just that he was sitting high on the area and was fully marked... come on man......

it was a bad reading by him...hes been trying to chest it all game and imas losing it...if its not low enough, you head it back to your midfield....

i feel another arguement and wave of "dissenter bashing" is about to happen... :tdown:

its not make this a love hate war on PAP, hes used to be one of my favourite players but i feel like your overrating him because people here like me are bashing him...

Hes better today, but dude dont seriously tell me hes great, hes not very composed out there, hes doesnt make good decisions, is very clusmy challenging the ball and slow...hes got a lot of work to do before he belongs on the starting lineup....

I think the team is trying to find a solution to this vexing problem. We create good chances but it really takes the striker's final touch to put it in the net. No one can teach that, a player either has it or they don't . Like I said, a striker with low self esteem is as good as me playing there. It's a tricky business. I think Pap has proven he can score before and he can get back to it. It's just that no one really wants to be waiting around for him to get back his self confidence. He gets chances, he just needs to take advantage of them. He needs to get loose and stop thinking in the box.

BTW, nice documentary about Andronikos in half time. Thanks ERTworld. If you have not been at Vergina yet, make it a trip next time you go to Greece. I went last summer and it's beautiful. It's also a good chance to stay in one of the best cities of Greece: Thessaloniki :tup:

If you want a slow, sloppy CB for ur third CB, by all means go ahead. I want someone younger faster taller. Dont forget your 3rd CB plays at least 12 to 15 games a season due to injury, subs, restign players etc.

If you have someone as your third CB, go out and pay someone young liek avraam pap or younger and have him compete for the starting job. itll make your other 2 play as best they could in fear of losing their job. Lets not forget, Sariegi is 30 and goumas is 34. We need some relief there.

Id have Sariegi on my team but not as my top 3 CBs. Thats just me.

Pap and seric will probably leave in the summer. I wouldnt be surprised if romero does as well. Nilsson is a question mark. Postiga and vyntra too.

thats between 2 and 5 open spots. room and money means we should get at least 1 or 2 STARTERS and 2 or 3 young players. a RB, a CB and a CF

I think the team is trying to find a solution to this vexing problem. We create good chances but it really takes the striker's final touch to put it in the net. No one can teach that, a player either has it or they don't . Like I said, a striker with low self esteem is as good as me playing there. It's a tricky business. I think Pap has proven he can score before and he can get back to it. It's just that no one really wants to be waiting around for him to get back his self confidence. He gets chances, he just needs to take advantage of them. He needs to get loose and stop thinking in the box.

BTW, nice documentary about Andronikos in half time. Thanks ERTworld. If you have not been at Vergina yet, make it a trip next time you go to Greece. I went last summer and it's beautiful. It's also a good chance to stay in one of the best cities of Greece: Thessaloniki :tup:

cool....im watching Greek NET online...so I see Frog Mobile Commercials - you see Andronikos :LOL:

Went to Vergina last march, beautiful site, amazing although its beleived to be the tomb of Alexander's brother not his father......etither way......you can take pics but you go in and you see for yourself.......First Greek nationalists? Phillip of Macedon....... Pretty blatant....

Also the Shield.......is the most badass thing I have ever seen in my entire life...

If you want a slow, sloppy CB for ur third CB, by all means go ahead. I want someone younger faster taller. Dont forget your 3rd CB plays at least 12 to 15 games a season due to injury, subs, restign players etc.

If you have someone as your third CB, go out and pay someone young liek avraam pap or younger and have him compete for the starting job. itll make your other 2 play as best they could in fear of losing their job. Lets not forget, Sariegi is 30 and goumas is 34. We need some relief there.

Id have Sariegi on my team but not as my top 3 CBs. Thats just me.

Pap and seric will probably leave in the summer. I wouldnt be surprised if romero does as well. Nilsson is a question mark. Postiga and vyntra too.

thats between 2 and 5 open spots. room and money means we should get at least 1 or 2 STARTERS and 2 or 3 young players. a RB, a CB and a CF

i dont think nilson is a question mark...80 % of his games this season have been very good...he is one of the reasons we have one of the best statistical defenses in europe....i would like to see vyntra go so that we bring in another rb that can really compete for the spot...although vyntra has been doing better, he just isnt god enough for me...seric and him should get the boot before nilson..

Archived