Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Levadeiakos

MadBoy13

We did send Shoum after his first complete year with a double didnt we?

Why not Peseiro ?

we should LEARN from our past mistakes, not repeat them.

How good did the Shum thing work out??

I personaly dont find sending Shoum away was a mistake.

He wasnt PAO material either.

Same with Peseiro.

We need PAO Material as a coach and same as a General Manager.

Best example Rotsa.

Same we had with Filakouris as long as he had the team we got i think 3 games and 3 wins and all of them if i remember right with scores more than 3:0

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you are splitting hair for no reason. Tziolis is getting in the game and the fans were booing.

They were booing because they wanted someone else in. They were booing the substitution. They were booing Peseiro for putting in Tziolis. In essense they voiced their dissgreement with Tziolis entering the game. They were booing Tziolis.

They are all so concerned with Ninis' psychology, but could care less about the psychology of the rest of the players that have been pulling the oars all season long.

They are destroying Ninis in the process. The same ones were booing when the paixtaras Torgele was not put in the games.

[wrote and deleted some ungry stuff about our fans here...] :angry:

The Shum episode was one of the worst in our history. When he was w/ us, we were playing some of the WORST football ever, I mean it was absolutely atrocious. We won the double that year because the Greek league, in terms of the level of play, was horrible! This year and last its gotten MUCH BETTER. Those were some of our darkest days, Shum and Malezani; take a look at what we did in Europe at that time! But after that things got better. So you can't just look at the fact that we won the double; you have to look at the state of Greek football at the time and how we were playing. I would also like to point out the Ninis and Dimoutsos issue. YES of course we have to be patient but I find it a bit odd when you have a player you field week in and week out suddenly dropped and not played for months. As for Ninis, in order for a player to develop, he needs to play GAMES, not just practice. The least you could do is play these guys for 20 min., you know bring them on the 60th or 70th min. Too much rotation is not good. But I still wouldn't mind seeing Peseiro stay another season. Would you really want to take a chance with these guys and have them sign some coach who's totally clueless? After all the criticisms, the team still plays well together.

The Shum episode was one of the worst in our history. When he was w/ us, we were playing some of the WORST football ever, I mean it was absolutely atrocious. We won the double that year because the Greek league, in terms of the level of play, was horrible! This year and last its gotten MUCH BETTER. Those were some of our darkest days, Shum and Malezani; take a look at what we did in Europe at that time! But after that things got better. So you can't just look at the fact that we won the double; you have to look at the state of Greek football at the time and how we were playing. I would also like to point out the Ninis and Dimoutsos issue. YES of course we have to be patient but I find it a bit odd when you have a player you field week in and week out suddenly dropped and not played for months. As for Ninis, in order for a player to develop, he needs to play GAMES, not just practice. The least you could do is play these guys for 20 min., you know bring them on the 60th or 70th min. Too much rotation is not good. But I still wouldn't mind seeing Peseiro stay another season. Would you really want to take a chance with these guys and have them sign some coach who's totally clueless? After all the criticisms, the team still plays well together.

Wow! Nice post Clover.

I agree with every single point (Shum, double, horrible football, better now, Malezani's worst defense, youngsters playing 20 min here and there, Peseiro staying another year).

If you don't mind, I want to elaborate on Dimoutsos though.

He had some good games early in the season, and I was happy that he was trusted with a starting spot. Early on he looked focused and played really well, releasing himself and distributing the ball quickly. In his later games, he just kept holding on to the football and trying to dribble everyone (Georgiou referred to him as "baby-Karagounis" because of that). So, from what I have seen, his play really deteriorated as the season progressed and I think this landed him on the bench.

The other thing that happened, was that both Ninis and Gonzales returned from injuries and really there was no room for so many midfielders to be on the bench. You want to have two defenders, two midfielders, and two forwards on the bench.

If you have Karagounis, Tziolis, Mattos, Ivanschits in, you can have at the most three midfielders on the bench. Gonzales, Ninis, and the amazing Simao (who doubled as our backup CB when Morris was gone) took those spots. There was really no room for Dimoutsos on the bench either.

Not a big deal. He was with the team early on, now Simao and Ninis fill the backup midfield spots.

Archived