Phantis Forums

Atromitos - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

poor game....

almost ate one at the end, and had no chances second half.

With Ivanschitz out we really arent as good...Mattos is a good player but he should be playing with Eki not replacing him off on....

What was the point of loaning this "big name" player if we have no intention to use him, either for playing purposes or "teamwork" is what some other people try to make up......

We should have kept Mantzios, who was a good player and better than Postiga (truth, get over it Postiga lovers and Mantzios haters) , and Tsigkas is a great reserve player who never got a minute, and was unjustified.

Got to admit, Peseiro's done something good, because were in first :

but how convinced are you in when hes not giving talents chances and were not exactly 'excelling' in our league matches when were beating Atromitos, Livadiakos, Kalamarias, Veroia on 1-0's and set peices???

Are you telling me that theres been no condition or ocasion to work Sotiris Ninis and Manucho in the team, simply becuase we 'dont need to' as were already winning games by a thread of hair?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i know ninis last year was our heroe... and this year we have to score 3-4 goals so he can play... and again im asking peseiros fans... why the hell we got manucho? for what? doesnt make any sense... and peseiro knew that manucho only has to play in grek league about 8-9 games and now peseiro says that manucho doesnt know our game... when hes going to be ready? in june maybe?

The excuse that they dont know our game is an old and stupid excuse of coaches.

They know the game, they may still need adjusting, but after so many tapes, practices it doesnt take years to learn a style and attitude. And the quickest way to really learn is PLAYING GAMES..

If we are going to use these excuses, why ever bother making signings in the mid season??? Pointless. Also Ninis is a great winger, if Peseiro was going to find him useless, I could think of about a thousand clubs that would want him on loan.

Guest TheLegend

I heard Luciano was the best player on the feild this game. That player amazes me. Oly got Sisic.. and we have 38 YEAR OLDS that can be considered once of the MVP's of the league. I cant belive this guy never played for a big team. Especialy when he was in his prime with Oly

The excuse that they dont know our game is an old and stupid excuse of coaches.

They know the game, they may still need adjusting, but after so many tapes, practices it doesnt take years to learn a style and attitude. And the quickest way to really learn is PLAYING GAMES..

If we are going to use these excuses, why ever bother making signings in the mid season??? Pointless. Also Ninis is a great winger, if Peseiro was going to find him useless, I could think of about a thousand clubs that would want him on loan.

i tottaly agree with you man... if someone knows football.. he doesnt need to learn any system or anything... and manucho knows football... all excuses to my ears are stupid...

FANS LIKES: Manucho, Ninis (peseiro dont use them)

FANS DONT LIKE: Pap, vyntra*, seric, tzioli (peseiro uses them all the time)

i dont know but something is going on here... as for vyntra.. i really like him lately.. but he stills needs how to attacking...

but its not Peseiros job to please the fans, its his job to win games.

Which I agree with. It is true that players to need to get acustomed to learning styles and systems - but to an extent. Its not a 2 month process, its not much of a risk to put in players who arent completley peseiroized at all - so I understand a week or two but not even giving the guy a chance is really just wasting his time. We may as well treat him as if hes not part of the team, and to be honest it looks like thats what will be.

Papadopoulos needs to be on his way out of this team - thats why weve got players like Postiga and Manucho on LOAN to hold us off until the rebuilding summer and transfer season where well get REAL forwards .

There is no point getting new players and spending if were not going to use them or treat them like there not part of the team.

Sad thing is, Im willing to bet you that Manucho if when he does play is better than all of our forwards - including Salpiggidis. Its 2008 and I want the title, somebody kick Peseiro in the arse and tell him were going to need goals and the best we can get. Papadopoulos is HORRIBLE, and if we drop points with Pap playing 90 mins and not giving chances to our creative and talented players- it IS Peseiros fault.

BTW Vyntra I have cringed and had a strong distate for him as worthless since he came to this club. And it was because he WAS HORRIBLE under all coaches he played under....

Except Peseiro.....this year he is way better than he used to be, I actually now feel good about him on the pitch when before I remember how every game he wouldnt mark his man and wed concede goals and chances all the time...

Even Vyntra on the left is very good......much better than Seric.

if a coach manages the club to keep the fans happy by playing who they want, he'll manage himself right out of a job. I too would like to see Ninis & Manucho.

What would happen if he does start them & we drop points?

You will get the other side saying why he experamented so late in the season with players who havent played together. Keep winning Peseiro

okay i admit peseiro has done well to take top spot in greece.. we are 1 point clear since olympiakos won 3 points vs kalamarias.

but i believe we could have been in a more comfortable position if we had players on who deserved a start over the ones peseiro is putting on.

i also believe we could have beaten rangers and still been in the uefa cup.. i have said it so many times before.. what the hell is he waiting for with manucho?? he is a class striker and he is on loan.. lets make the most of him!!!!!!!! he could have been the difference in the rangers match... or the aek match.. we needed him in big games like that.. but by the looks of things he isnt even used in the smaller games..

dont get me started on ninis... ninis last year was a superstar considering his young age... peseiro is shattering his confidence... he is probably the finest asset the club has..

I am happy with the three points. Just finished watching the game on tape. Even with this "control game" we mange to have have plenty of chances to score more than once.

The story of the game: 1-0. We won the three points, and managed to rest the three players most responsible for our success so far (Goumas, Mattos, Salpigidis), and without our best AM, Ivanschitz. Not an easy task by any means, and a bit risky if you ask me, but three points are good. Peseiro is a gambler, and so far luck is on his side.

Opponents, get points on and off the field, and we are still ahead.

Best thing, we are not riding one or two players any more and the team looks fresh every week. As for style points. It's much more dificult to build an offensive game than to organize the team defensively. It's too late in the season to teach an old dog new tricks.

This is a gross analogy, but how many of you screamed and run around like kids when we won EURO 04. No style points there, and many kept (and still do) complaining about not taking this and that player along for the ride.

We'll straighten out our offense in off-season. A title for our 100th b-day would be the sweetest gift.

End of the season: I can see a huge cake in the center of Leoforos, 11 players bursting out of it, and fans holding 36500 green flares in the stands :tup:

Fasouli to fasouli, gemizei to sakouli :)

It's appropriate for us to win the title in our centenial, especially when in the last 10 years we've been rather foolish. Anyway, obviously there's a recipe here, but we're doing something that we have NOT been able to do: get the points we need even with crappy play!

btw, Greece didn't exactly play a nice football in Euro 2004. I bet you, if it was another country, most of you would say... "boooooooooooooooring"

You know something else? WE are not as good as you may think we are! There's lots of stuff we need to learn how to do before we become really good. BUT, but, but, we are far better than the last 2 years! [even further back when we won the title with horrible play, and mostly luck and individual brilliance at the right moment] We do have a much, much improved roster too!

So, a little perspective helps to see why things happen the way they do this season. ;)

PS>OK, I know, Ninis, Eki, Manucho, this guy, that guy,etc, etc, etc... At least we've got them, and they're great. Unlike the crappy tourists, like Flavio, Zutautas, etc, etc etc. :LOL:

Archived