Phantis Forums

Dimitris Salpigidis

cyberfish

I don't remember if we ever opened a topic about Salpigidis, and recognizing that having a dedicated topic at Phantis is the mark of the most significant international footballers, I think its appropriate we start one.

Salpigidis has been a great signing. First, I think we were all caught by surprise when he was signed in the dying days of summer, and I am pretty sure everyone was proud that we lured one of the best Greek strikers to our team.

He has been golden ever since. He has scored a ton in the last two seasons, and even though fans and enemies alike find a multitude of faults, now with his height, now with his technique, most would agree that he leaves his heart on the field.

Personally, I enjoy his no-nonsense attitude with the ball near the opponent's goal. He usually touches, and shoots (no comparison with our other strikers intended). No fancy footwork to give defenders a chance to react, and not much thinking beyond "get this ball towards the goal baby".

A striker's one track mind, has not prevented him from contributing in other ways. His relentless pressure on defenders when they have the ball must be vexing, and his numerous assists have not gotten as much attention only because his prolific scoring overshadows all other achievements.

I could not help but to feel a little sorry for Salpi after he scored against PAOK. He obviously did not feel like celebrating. He is a class act, and I think it's high time he stopped apologizing to the ungrateful fans of his last team.

He has established himself as one of the best strikers in Greece, he is a member of the Greek national team, and is young enough to be looking forward to even more success in his career.

My favorite goal is the rocket of a shot he unleashed against AEK last year.

Oh, and one more thing: If he continues scoring and playing like that till the end of the season, it would be hard not to be one of our NTs starting strikers in EURO 08.

on the topic of euro2008

salpiggidis & gekas upfront if you ask me

the will suit greece game plan as we tend to catch teams on the break and counter attack.. these 2 players have the speed and ability to score difficult goals..

charisteas and samaras do not belong in the NT

Amanatidis and Lymberopoulos will be great coming off the bench

Biggest kobina in Greek soccer was the Salpi transfer to PAO what a rezili. Calling PAOK fans ungrateful is a bit much considering all they did to keep him (including paying from their pockets to pay his salary) Goumeno – Vardinogianni special that deal was, got the best player in Greece for nothing. Also many players make a point of not celebrating goals against their former side, especially since he is a Paoktzi at heart. He is a great player and hope to see him do well for the national team, hope he breaks his leg playing for PAO !!! (just kidding) :LOL: .

Paok got $$ for Salpi... it wasn't "for nothing." Salpi had said then that he felt weird in the locker room at Paok to be the one to get paid when others weren't paid. The rezili is that when your team doesn't have money because of those criminals/thieves who were in charge of the club! It's rezili when bad management and stealing happens and then everybody turns to the government to bail out a club.

I don't think any of you guys (and those fanatics in Greece) that would not go for a better contract and a better opportunity to play with a bigger club in Europe. Talk is cheap. If you were in Salpi's case you wouldn't even think about it. And, possibly go to Touba and give the finger to the fans that boo you and curse your mother :angry:

Any player is a professional with desirable skills who seeks to maximize his return on his talent while he's able to do so... they never know how many good years they've got. You'd do the same.

So, as long as you're honest, and true to the fans, I don't see why you can't change a team for lots of more $$$$ and the peace of mind that the team would honor the contract and the checks coming in..... As far as I know, Salpi was a hard worker, nice guy, respectful to the club & the fans. He did his best while with Paok. What more can you ask from a player????!!!!

Yes, it's ungreatful of the fans to badmouth him now.

o mitsaras einai megalos paixtis kai fovero atomo.. pataei sti gi gera... kai se kathe agona dinei to 200%!!! proseuxomai na einai panta geros giati ama xtipisei (xtipa ksilo) den mas vlepo kala!!

SALPIGGIDI PSIXARA GIA PANTA TRIFILLARA!!!

nai kala how you forget the vrsimata your fans gave him last year when he had a few bad games, telling him to go back where he came from.

As for the so called $$$$ don't play games now that is rubbish PAOK got nothing for the best player in Greece. And I tell you what if the government puts in, then allows criminals to run club,s and then allows then to run free when they rack up huge debts that can not be explained, why shouldn't they bail out the teams. Oly, Aek PAO get / have received heaps of help from government, now PAOK asks for some help (and siga to help that we are receiving) and now you all get your noses out of whack !!!

Mate Salpi was playing UEFA at PAOK same as he is at your mob, can't see a better standard there.

Can't wait for you to give me another warning or close the topic down joker.

Actually, Serraois....Paok is 19 points below first place while PAO is only 2, the standard is clear, one team fights for the championship and possibly CL while the other hopes to stay in 5th or 6th place. The fact that PAO always contends for the title will force him to play at a higher level.

PAOK got 1.5 million plus three players on loan. I dont see the injustice. If the team didnt want to sell him they didnt have to. But of course its always the big bad Athenian teams causing all the trouble (not the fact that the fans destroyed the stadium on numerous occasions setting fire to the stands and throwing missles onto the pitch which caused several banned games). Each team has to take responsibility for its own misfortunes. Psomiadis raped AEK and we are still paying for his bullshit years later. What should AEK say that it had the best roster in Greece and everyone had to leave because of a lack of money.

Salpi is a professional. He worked his tail off on the pitch for Paok and now for Pao and would have gladly stayed at Paok had it not been for the financial issues. If Zagorakis could come up with the money to bring him back i bet he would in a heartbeat but it just isnt the case.

Archived