Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Asteras Tripolis

MadBoy13

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheLegend

Yea you saw that TD pass on the giants TD... I thought it was gona be intercepted it was like a floating chip ball in the air for like 10 seconds lol...

Guest TheLegend

AEK has one thing that ive noticed.they are slow. i think kallon will help but in every game where faster teams have pressed aek, Tripoli,pao,iraklis, they looked out of balance.

i think that, without sounding too fanatic, that pao hold the championship in their hands. they showed they play better in big games and i dont think we will lose to aek. Xanthi away,aris at home and atromitos away are the games i worry about. other then that it should be ok.

Dont know if u saw Oly-Aek from your Tv gadget miracle lol, but the pace Oly played with in the 1st 5 minutes Aek almost was down 2-0 or 3-0... a tet-a-tet withint 30 seconds... They are a slow team. Way to slow. Let alone they have some medicore slow defenders like dellas. I love the guy especialy in 2004 but hes done

well the giants won and upset the patriots. its the day fo the upsets.

oh and all of a sudden there are Giants fans in NY.....

nobody seemed to care about the matches during the rest of the season or when they made it to the Superbowl miraculously???

Half of them were probably Jets fans all regular season :LOL:

Sorry Pats...unlike Laz's terrible post in the Other Sports forum, you are definitly a worthy team in the best...4 superbowls in recent years, 3 titles, and an undefeated regular season only done once before and offense super dangerous...it was gone tonight though..

I see... but can you buy players in this time? Is the window open? Because if any team with money finds themselves in this tornie we all know whats gona happen :)

my friend there are only 2 transfer periods 1 in summer and one in January. The playoffs take place short after Leagueend which is end of April as far as i know.

Just to set the record straight: the report about OSFP's unwillingness to file a complaint against Kalamaria for using that player was inaccurate, it seems. Now the same reporters say that OSFP is going to file such a complaint. I apologise - but, as I said, I was only passing on the info everyone regarded as valid on the radio. Another note: I think that, if OSFP and PAO end up with the same points after the last game of the season, PAO does not have the upper hand, because away goals do not count in this case.

This is the link concerning the complaint:link

Just to set the record straight: the report about OSFP's unwillingness to file a complaint against Kalamaria for using that player was inaccurate, it seems. Now the same reporters say that OSFP is going to file such a complaint. I apologise - but, as I said, I was only passing on the info everyone regarded as valid on the radio. Another note: I think that, if OSFP and PAO end up with the same points after the last game of the season, PAO does not have the upper hand, because away goals do not count in this case.

of course away goals count in this case.Its the direct compare of the 2 games which comes first. If that fails then the next comparison are the goals achieved by both teams and the ones they got as far as i know.

This is the link concerning the complaint:link

http://www.superleaguegreece.net/downloads...KAP_2007-08.pdf

page 37

It says that the goals in the head to head games count. It does not explicitly mention away goals but it's a common practice.

I have to insist guys: goals do count but NOT away goals. So, if both teams had won one game, the team who had the best goal difference in these two specific games would have the advantage. An example: if the first game was a 2-1 for PAO and the second a 3-1 for OSFP and both finished with the same points at first place, OSFP would win the league. In this year's case, what we have is two draws, so there is no goal difference and a "barrage" will have to be played in order to determine the champion. There can be no reference to "common practice" in such a matter - the rule would have to explicitly mention away goals. This is not just my interpretation: there was a question by a fan on the radio a few days ago and both the journalists in the studio agreed that there was no question of away goals counting. It's not that important at this stage, however - if it ever comes up we 'll find out who's right, I guess!

I have to insist guys: goals do count but NOT away goals. So, if both teams had won one game, the team who had the best goal difference in these two specific games would have the advantage. An example: if the first game was a 2-1 for PAO and the second a 3-1 for OSFP and both finished with the same points at first place, OSFP would win the league. In this year's case, what we have is two draws, so there is no goal difference and a "barrage" will have to be played in order to determine the champion. There can be no reference to "common practice" in such a matter - the rule would have to explicitly mention away goals. This is not just my interpretation: there was a question by a fan on the radio a few days ago and both the journalists in the studio agreed that there was no question of away goals counting. It's not that important at this stage, however - if it ever comes up we 'll find out who's right, I guess!

You are probably right.

We'll cross this bridge when we get there.

I would welcome two games against Oly to decide the championship, but I would not mind being 6 points ahead of Olympiakos at the end either.

Damn, I had read this somewhere last summer when they decided on the new system, but can't remember where.

So, now can't confirm it, but gosh someone in Greece (reporters? :LOL: :LOL: ) should know.

First the goal difference counts. If equal number (as it is the case here), then the away goals count. PAO holds the tie-breaker.

But, you know something? Unlike others trying to win it outside the field, I have NO PROBLEM with 2 playoff games if the 2 teams tie in the end. I want the best of the 2 to get the title!

Same here guys: I 'd love a big game in May to decide the whole thing. As I said, all we have to do is not get more points than OSFP - simple as that! I 'm pretty sure that we have no advantage on away goals right now and -to be honest- it's a good rule: goal difference is one thing, away goals is another-with a championship at stake, it kind of goes too far into detail for my taste ... Bring on the ultimate tie-breaker!

But, you know something? Unlike others trying to win it outside the field, I have NO PROBLEM with 2 playoff games if the 2 teams tie in the end. I want the best of the 2 to get the title!

On second thought, two playoff games would be unfair to Olympiakos.

By the end of the season all the geriatrics of Olympiakos will have dropped like flies :LOL:

Even some of their younger ones [cough, cough] anticipated how tired they will be by the end of the season playing so many games.

Guest TheLegend

On second thought, two playoff games would be unfair to Olympiakos.

By the end of the season all the geriatrics of Olympiakos will have dropped like flies :LOL:

Even some of their younger ones [cough, cough] anticipated how tired they will be by the end of the season playing so many games.

Coming from a team who considers a old washed up bum karagounis tobe one of their best players...

every team in greece could only wish for players like Lua Lua, Kovacevic etc. Turning into another Anti-Olympiacos thread I see...

the gerodaki scored the most goals this year though huh? leme guess.. all the game were paid off so he could score..... :LOL:

actually he is tied with blanco..and blanco missed 4 games.. so technically blanco has more goals.. percentage wise.

and salpi has 2 less but also played 3 games less. this is not an anti-oly forum.

im sure oly wouldnt mind having, ivan,salpi,morris,spyropoulos,ninis.. but obviously they would say no because they are better then our players.

like i said before, oly has 3 or 4 players that are truly great.. but if they get injured oly is weker then pao by far.

pao has been playing with an incomplete lineup all season having at least 3 players out in every game. btu all u hear about is how oly is decimated with injuries. lack of depth maybe.

Archived