Phantis Forums

AEK - FC Salzburg

Genome

The game is only two weeks away from us, so here's the thread! The first leg will be played in Athens on September 20th, the second in Salzburg on October 4th.

Your thoughts, opinions, worries, tactics, you name it, ... this thread is the place for it ;) !

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a tricky first round match for AEK. I think playing the home game first will be to our advantage because we will win that by atleast 2 goals hopefully and it will be too hard for salzburg to catch that up in the return leg.

Even tho we lost to sevilla 4-1 if we can play like that I will feel very confident that we should progress quite easily... Like SERRA FERRER said he was happy but the only thing let us down was the striking power. so hopefully he can fix that before these games

i predict

LEG 1 - AEK 3-0

LEG 2 - 1-1 DRAW

The finishing was a problem indeed. But what was even worse was our defending during set pieces, corners etc...

Two goals conceided from corners, one from a penalty.

I hope Moretto won't be in the goal. That error he made yesterday once more makes me think he's not pro enough to play for us... (throws the ball right on the back of one of our defenders, ball bounces back, Sevillian player almost kicked it in).

Aside from those weak points I think we should be able to win both legs.

Salzburg are a lot better than many people think, and are managed by Giovanni Trappatoni. They conceded an 87th min goal in the Ukraine which put them out otherwise they'd be in the CL now. AEK have to approach this with the same eagerness as with Sevilla otherwise they'll qualify! I started watching them abit when they made a bid for Okkas (he chose Celta Vigo in the end) but I was pretty impressed with them. They are well organised and don't make many big errors.

I think AEK will win the game in Greece 1-0 and will probably nick a draw in Austria.

Is manu ,blanco,macho eligable for this game

Aek will have a cake walk guaranteed, or your monet back, we fought like champs against one of the giants in europe,and the score is not indicative of our boys on the field if it wasnt of lack of finishing ,would of been a shoot out in oaka.

One thing that gets me with greek clubs when the get scored on they put there heads down like its over instead of pushing forward.

I refuse to beleive teams like steaua, shaktar, slavia are better clubs then aek.

Imagine with a full healthy squa with lagos, hetemaj ,geas, blanco,manu, we will be killers :tup:

Hold the aek flag high like i have, one love one club one passion................aek!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is manu ,blanco,macho eligable for this game

Manu and Blanco are ok for the game.

Macho, Dellas, Tozser and Lybe aren't due to obligations with their respective national teams.

Pliatsikas, Kone and Papastathopoulos will also be gone for the U-21 or U-19 teams.

At least that's what I read in the papers. I don't get why though, the game of our Ethniki is on the 12th, the game in Austria is the 20th. Does anyone know the reason why they can't participate?

Exactly. I looked that article up in the newspaper and it was I who misread it. It said that they won't be training with AEK the coming days because of obligations with their national team.

So to respond to aekmafia21's question with a correct answer this time: all three of them will be available (Macho, Manu and Blanco). :tup:

Anyways I'm glad Macho is available because I don't want to see Moretto in the goal anymore for now. Nothing personal but the guy is gonna have to do better and stop doing those stupid things he did during both Sevilla games. Macho and Moretto (healthy competition) in our team will eventually benefit AEK !

This is a good opportunitie for AEK to get a win since Salzburg is not even close to what Sevilla was as a threat and AEK has the players and the personalities to win both games against Salzburg and go to the next phase. :gr:

when it comes to cl the team gets a certain amount of coefficient points. i think its 3.000. thats what oly starts with. then every win is, i think, 2.5 points, divided by the amount of teams u have in europe. a tie is , i think, 1.5 points and is also divided by the number of teams your country is represented.thats how the countrys coefficients are calculated.

On a team basis, lets say oly wins 1 game, and has 3 draws, they will have 7 points plus the 3 extra points for being in the cl as champions. that is a total of 10 points. all this is approx of course as i am not EXACTLY sure how many points are given for wins and draws.

the same pointing system is for the uefa cup only that the team doesnt get coefficient points for entering the uefa cup. Besides i think its only the league champion that gets those coefficient points.

Logically the reason for our fall in recent years is because we had 6 teams go into europe every year and if u exclude the top 3 and sometimes 4, we havent had any real success and since we divide the points between the total teams that we have in europe, then it is only logical that we would drop.

Romania on the other hand, as little as 4 years ago, had only 1 team qualify for the cl and this from the first round of qualies, and two teams in the uefa. this means that there three top teams were the only ones in europe. so if they made 6 wins in total in the competition, a team liek greece who has 6 teams would have to make approx 15 or 16 wins to be on equal coefficcient. its a little complicated but even if we only have 3 teams in europe for a while, it wont last long because even with a small amount of wins, because it gets divided, with the number of teams, and the number of teams being limited, the coefficient will be higher.

on that note, pao has 22 coefficient points more then oly does in the last 6 years even though oly has been champions 5 of those years and have played 6 games more in the cl. not tryin to attack anybody, just stating facts.

there is a website that has all the info and i will post it asap.

greece is currently paying (uefa coefficient-wise) for the previous 5-6 years of: olympiakos' constant euro debacles, aek's financial 'dealing' & quality player exodus and pao's disappointments & unwillingness to spend money. the rest of the 'super league' is garbage...even clubs that may surprise, a paok or xanthi, get sent home quite quickly in europe, with regularity.

10 years ago, paok knocked out arsenal from the uefa cup. in those 10 years, tell me in which direction greek club football has gone? the saboupa of greek football told us 10 years ago, 'mas avhkei to mellon'. they should have told the truth: 'euro money filled our pockets and why should we re-invest in the club?'

coaching changes, a lack of money for clubs with sincere ambitions and unwise spending by clubs that have resources have allowed the greek league to fall behind nations as the ukraine-belgium-scotland-czech,-norway-bulgaria!!!!,-switzerland!!!!, which is disgraceful.

it may come to a point where the greek champion will have to qualify for the CL by playing in an early qualifying round. it's been a severe kathfora for the league, compared to 7-8 years ago.

sostos o paixtis..... :nw:

we got our lesson in 1996 when this ########### of captain sold half the team as if were real liverpoolor ajax....

from then on i have no expectations reg panatha in europe (fortunately or unfortunatelly) the only greek team with "something to say in europe"....

WE ARE TIS ARPAXTIS GUYS.... take the money and run motherf###er run.... evry greek team has or will do it to a certain extent... what would u do? unless your name is :tup: YANAKOPOULOS :nw: all others would do it (kokalis included)...

we are the ones who "brake" our heads regarding these issues...

ENOUGH OF THIS ##### !!!!!!

AEKAKI ALL THE GREEK FANS ARE BEHIND YOU !!!!!!!

(in a non gayish way)....

ps. we were told when we played in oaka: PANATHINAIKOS SE NEA TROXIA on the blck and white electronic board (wait i think it had 2 or 3 colors) poli retro naoum.... ah those were the days my friends... we thaught thell never end....

Archived