Phantis Forums

Salpi

bar7

as it turns out we got Salpi for Torgelle... since Bides & Tsingas are back...

If someone offered Torgelle & Gkekkas loan for Salpi we would all do it... As it has turned out this is probably one of the best deals in the Tzigger era....& it was by accident

actually it was close to 1 million for sdalpi and we would pay the first year of torghelles contract plus the money we paid southampton to get his rights. the total was 500k to southampton, 300 for torghelle and 1 million for salpi to paok.

so in a sense, we bought torghelle and loaned him to paok. we pay his contract this year and next year he can come back to us.

however, he has shown nothing to me.

on a side note.

if we sell gekas to VL Bochum for close to 1 million like i heard it would be, at the end of the season, then it would be very nearly a straight gekas for salpi exchange.

and speakin of gekas, even though people NOW say it was a mistake, lets not forget that these r the same people that last year were bad mouthing him for missing chance after chance.

he should of scored at least 30 goals last year but didnt.

its easy to compare gekas with salpi NOW that gekas is playin in germany, but all i know, is that gekas and salpi cant be compared until the r in the same protathlima, like they were last year, where salpi had 2 goals more then gekas even tho salpi played with paok , a team that had 17 goals fewer then pao did.

not to mention that pao beat osfp once already this year with salpi in the lineup. and 0 with gekas last year. does that mean this team is better then last years? does salpi have anything to so with this team being better? or worse?

whos to say that salpi wouldnt score just as many or even more goals playin in a league where they dont depend on set pieces as much as the greek league does.

with his speed and the quality of midfielders, im sure salpi would have many many chances.

later skaters

as it turns out we got Salpi for Torgelle... since Bides & Tsingas are back...

If someone offered Torgelle & Gkekkas loan for Salpi we would all do it... As it has turned out this is probably one of the best deals in the Tzigger era....& it was by accident

not really.......we got Salpiggidis at the cost of money, Bidis and Tsigkas (1/2 season) oh and the side cost that we lost Gkekas in a position that was not improved but simply replaced by Salpiggidis...and when were playing 1 striker then Salpiggidis is not as effective as Gkekas, and anytime we want to play a wide game with crosses Salpiggidis and most Greek strikers are not as good in the air as Gkekas.

Salpi vs Gkekas (As seen while playing for PAO)

Salpi

Faster

Better technique

Better passing

can create danger even from nothing cause of his preesure,skylos!

more clever play

Scores 1 out of 3 (exei xasei kapoia axasta!)

Gekas

Better header

Scores 1 out of 5(autos ki an eixe xasei TA axasta!)

they both have good positioning but I thnk Fanis had a bit better...if only he could finish better...

The problem with Salpi is that we have seen him in many games this year to play as only attacker, trying to get his head after a "gioma" from the keeper or the a defender...ti na kanei o foukaras o kontos!?!?.

If playing along with Mantzios (who is in great form at the moment, a MUST starter) or Pap earlier, and the team presses high then he really shows his value!

In last year's second round Pao was well organised and this hepled the players to show individually...It was then when we created enough chances with gekas usually scoring once and wasting 10 chances shooting out of the stadium!

I don't care how he is playing for Bochum, he may have improved or he fited perfectly in their way of playing...It would be nice to have him here (once we look for a striker at the moment) but if I had to choose between those 2 I would definitely go for Salpi.

P.S. One word about Mantzios...I hope Munoz will teach this kid to pass faster and not "zalizei" the ball...He is almost perfect in any other aspect (except speed) including technique,shooting,finishing,strength...I expect many things from this kid!

Salpi vs Gkekas (As seen while playing for PAO)

Salpi

Faster

Better technique

Better passing

can create danger even from nothing cause of his preesure,skylos!

more clever play

Scores 1 out of 3 (exei xasei kapoia axasta!)

Gekas

Better header

Scores 1 out of 5(autos ki an eixe xasei TA axasta!)

they both have good positioning but I thnk Fanis had a bit better...if only he could finish better...

The problem with Salpi is that we have seen him in many games this year to play as only attacker, trying to get his head after a "gioma" from the keeper or the a defender...ti na kanei o foukaras o kontos!?!?.

If playing along with Mantzios (who is in great form at the moment, a MUST starter) or Pap earlier, and the team presses high then he really shows his value!

In last year's second round Pao was well organised and this hepled the players to show individually...It was then when we created enough chances with gekas usually scoring once and wasting 10 chances shooting out of the stadium!

I don't care how he is playing for Bochum, he may have improved or he fited perfectly in their way of playing...It would be nice to have him here (once we look for a striker at the moment) but if I had to choose between those 2 I would definitely go for Salpi.

P.S. One word about Mantzios...I hope Munoz will teach this kid to pass faster and not "zalizei" the ball...He is almost perfect in any other aspect (except speed) including technique,shooting,finishing,strength...I expect many things from this kid!

Well said Iliasdim. I second everything.

A Mantzios in-form alongside Salpigidis is a good combination. I would like to add that Mantzios must also improve his ability in the air. For a tall kid he can't compete very well for headers.

@ Nikosvaselas

i think u might find that Paok actually own torghelle as part of the salpi deal... Also the figure for gekas isnt as high as u think, i remember reading something a while back and the figure would be 450k? not 100% on the figure but preety sure about torghelle...

i read that torghelle is ours but will be with paok until the summer. i cant confirm it but i may not be wrong.

as far as gekas price tag goes.

another german team, offenbach kickers, they r a division 2 team by the way, just paid close to 150k for aigaleo forward Anestis Agritis, who in no way compares to Gekas. he is older then gekas is and has scored only 40 goals in nearly 6 seasons.

if gekas proves valuable to Bochum, whos to say how much they r willing to pay to keep him. lets not forget that he is under a pao contract until 2008

Ok, I did the math

Scoring frequency for our strikers (Salpigidis vs. Gekas)

(scoring frequency is the % of games the player scored at least once)

2006-07 Salpigidis: 42% (played 19 games so far, scored in 8)

2005-06 Gekas 39% (played 31 games, scored in 12)

2004-05 Gekas 58% (played 12 games, scored in 7)

Archived