Phantis Forums

Sotiris Ninis

Alban_Bushi

There's absolutely no question about his talent. Its rare and exceptional for a player that young with that kind of ability. If he's able to play this well, then it doesn't matter how old he is! I don't know how ready he is after this rather long injury, but if anyone has any info at all on his progress, keep us posted.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest TheLegend

Ninis would not have helped pao into a better place imo... Hes talented but very in experienced and he cant carry a whole team on his back. This is no Rivaldo type who will change a game by himself.

Ninis would not have helped pao into a better place imo... Hes talented but very in experienced and he cant carry a whole team on his back. This is no Rivaldo type who will change a game by himself.

If PAO finished 12 points behind Olympiakos then I would agree with you, Ninis is not a player like Rivaldo. He would not single-handedly win PAO 12 points over the course of the season. But PAO are only 4 points off the pace, and that can def be made up by a player of Ninis' quality. I'm not saying if he played more PAO would have won the league, because for all we know he'd score 3 own goals in important games and PAO would be worse off than they are now. But Ninis should have featured a lot more, I think his absence may have also stunted his development.

einai talento giauto eprepe na epeze pio poly..... perisi sxedon oli tin omada tin peire pano tou.. itan o kaliteros mas paixtis!

We dont need him to carry the team on his back......We DID need midfielders that can go forward and that are fast and talented, and so many of our games could have used Ninis this year...and for him to play as little as he did all season is pretty ridiculous...with so many players playing very bad, the guy doesnt get a chance! Karagkounis some games Id prefer but we had many situations and many many where Ninis would have been better.....

PESEIRO 3rd place, idiotic substitutions, collapse, bullshitting the media and fans with his comments like last week, alienating Ninis, closing out certain players in the squad even when others are playing HORRIBLE and the others get small chances and perform well....

In addition to the management, Jose can leave....lets get somebody who knows a damnthing about GREEK football. I would like Donis, or even Ketsbaia or BAJEVIC....

@@@@@@@. He wouldn't have "carried" the team but would have made a huge difference this year. His creativity and control of the ball is exceptional; I still can't believe some people would go for this inexperienced explanation; yeah, I mean, he looks somewhat "fragile" sometimes but thats because he's still a kid. SO what, play him. Drakos Bajevic is the most overrated coach in the Greek league; we don't need him. We have the talent to really do something special in Europe next season, we just need to iron a few things out. Bajevic always falls flat on his face in Europe year after year, come on give me a break. Donis would be great; I really hope we can get this guy. He looks very promising and he was able to pull off a number of surprises this year.

Drakos Bajevic is the most overrated coach in the Greek league; we don't need him. We have the talent to really do something special in Europe next season,

i hate bajevic and oppose him for years, but i was saying id rather have him than Peseiro.

Some things I do like about him:

Hes a no bullshit type. Im in favor of that

He knows the league, hes been here, he doesnt come to Greece or PAO with some idealist way of how football leagues should work and not taking every game seriously keep insisting we can get out of any spot and rely on other teams to drop.

He did pretty well with Aris in one year... in UEFA they were really just horridly unlucky not to go to the elimination, his team deserved it much more than Bragay or Bolton...

And bajevic with OSFP didnt do bad, he actually got the team to win games vs big opponents for the first time in long time (they beat liverpool, deportivo, monaco...)

Bajevic isnt the top of my list, but if its between Bajevic and some other brilliant foreigner with 'great' potentital (Malesani, Pesiero, Bakke) Id rather have a guy whos a mean bastard wholl demand respect and results rather than sit around making excuses, and when he loses, he gets back to work and doesnt BS the press saying were still full on for the title etc..

As for Europe next season, I really doubt it...we wont find a solution to optimize the teams playing, and even so we wont do much, make it to group CL maybe best and hope for qualification past that but in UEFA well do the same as the last 3 years, a handful of decent performances, and losing to Semi/Quarterfinal UEFA team, the tournament is really pointless if youre not serious semifinal contender, and we really wont be...good teams are in UEFA these days...better than PAO anyways unless we make a super team with super new owners...

i hate bajevic and oppose him for years, but i was saying id rather have him than Peseiro.

Some things I do like about him:

Hes a no bullshit type. Im in favor of that

He knows the league, hes been here, he doesnt come to Greece or PAO with some idealist way of how football leagues should work and not taking every game seriously keep insisting we can get out of any spot and rely on other teams to drop.

He did pretty well with Aris in one year... in UEFA they were really just horridly unlucky not to go to the elimination, his team deserved it much more than Bragay or Bolton...

And bajevic with OSFP didnt do bad, he actually got the team to win games vs big opponents for the first time in long time (they beat liverpool, deportivo, monaco...)

Bajevic isnt the top of my list, but if its between Bajevic and some other brilliant foreigner with 'great' potentital (Malesani, Pesiero, Bakke) Id rather have a guy whos a mean bastard wholl demand respect and results rather than sit around making excuses, and when he loses, he gets back to work and doesnt BS the press saying were still full on for the title etc..

As for Europe next season, I really doubt it...we wont find a solution to optimize the teams playing, and even so we wont do much, make it to group CL maybe best and hope for qualification past that but in UEFA well do the same as the last 3 years, a handful of decent performances, and losing to Semi/Quarterfinal UEFA team, the tournament is really pointless if youre not serious semifinal contender, and we really wont be...good teams are in UEFA these days...better than PAO anyways unless we make a super team with super new owners...

im with you on that... i dont want bajevic but i'd prefer him than some other idiot from somwhere in europe... but my first choice is Donis tho..

Back to the Ninis topic.... This kid should be ready to return next season and be on the first squad. I don't know the reasons why he didn't play as much after he recovered from his injury, but I hope we don't turn him into a bitter footballer wanting to leave PAO soon.

With Pesseiro gone, Ninis will probably get more playing time. He's 18 now--perfect age to be for a young talent.

If for nothing else, I'm grateful to Munoz for giving Ninis a chance. Without Munoz, we wouldn't be having this discussion today since Pesseiro wouldn't have given the kid a chance. Right?

Guest TheLegend

@@@@@@@. He wouldn't have "carried" the team but would have made a huge difference this year. His creativity and control of the ball is exceptional; I still can't believe some people would go for this inexperienced explanation; yeah, I mean, he looks somewhat "fragile" sometimes but thats because he's still a kid. SO what, play him. Drakos Bajevic is the most overrated coach in the Greek league; we don't need him. We have the talent to really do something special in Europe next season, we just need to iron a few things out. Bajevic always falls flat on his face in Europe year after year, come on give me a break. Donis would be great; I really hope we can get this guy. He looks very promising and he was able to pull off a number of surprises this year.

actualy bajevic is one of the best coaches int he league every i would say. Look at his track record. As a pao fan you all hate him but at aek he won, at olympiacos he won, with aris his team played pretty damn good.... he is succesful

• 1 month later...

Ninis is going to miss preseason with Panathinaikos for the second year in a row because he will be with the U-17 team.

I am afraid that not participating in preseason conditioning is a blow to his development. He will probably be in a program on his own later in the summer, but this would mean slim chances for a staring spot early in the season. Hiis cohesion with the team will need work too.

I understand the importance of the U-17 team, but at this stage I think his development should be taken into account by EPO and its U-17 coaching staff.

source: http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/132818

I dont know about that.....

He might not miss it all, and he will be playing in tournaments so its not like he will be complelty unfit. The big reason he missed so much with PAO was because Greece made it all the way to the final last year. If Greece dont make it so far this time, hell be back earlier.

Also its the u-19 team.......not u-17 ;)

• 1 month later...

It seems we have too many, and it may be a problem. Kate, I hear, doesn't like a rotation, or a big squad; he prefers to use the same players. I think Ninis is good enough to be a starter.

It depends on the particular player. Some need to play constantly to keep their best, when others can perform their best when they come in as a sub.

Let's see.

• 2 weeks later...

Today it was announced the the team will have 3 captains: Salpi, Zilberto, and ..Ninis!!

10Kate also said that the "natural leaders" Kara & Goumas will be involved in consultations.

:tup:

Nice! Making Ninis a captain will enhance his sense of responsibility and help his development.

Guest TheLegend

If those captains are true I think its very wrong decision. Salpi is undertandable but u dont put an inexperienced player like Ninis as captain.

Karagounis and Goumas should be the captains even thought Karagounis is more than capable of huge m*****es (over reacting, fighting, diving)

The thing is they probablt wont play alot..

Gilberto is captain cuz hes Gilberto thats the bottom line on that..

I just dont think Ninis is ready for a captain of a CL team when hes never played in it b4. When the going gets rough the whole team is gona turn to ninis? in a big game where things arent going good they are gona turn to ninis to carry them? to motivate them?

Captain doesnt require skill it requires motivation patience attitude and mental power in the game..

Zagorakis was a perfect example of a captain in 2004 Ninis should not be captain. It wont help his development at all.

Ninis is going to explode this season thats the good news

Bad news he will be in Spain or Italy a year from now

being in spain or italy is great news.

realistically speaking, if we want our national development program to go forward, our players need to go play in the best leagues possible.

best player in hte bast 20 years, zidane, played most of his career in italy and spain.

Archived