Phantis Forums

Sotiris Ninis

Alban_Bushi

He doesn't have to give any interviews. People confuse "ithagenia" with "yphkoothta" (sorry I am not sure how to accurately translate these words in English).

Papadopoulos was born in Armenia and Vintra in the Chech Republic. They both play for the Greek NT. No one seems to worry too much about that. Lalas, Kalatzis, Hristodoulou, were of Greek ancestry but played for US and Australia.

It's really a non issue, and it's really a personal matter for Ninis. I am sure he is probably tormented over it, and as a PAO fan I would love to see him play for Greece, but if he decides that his heart is in Albania he'll have my support.

I hope he can concentrate on advancing his career through all this hoopla, and to groom his talent to become the player we all think he will be some day.

lazaridis too...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't have to give any interviews. People confuse "ithagenia" with "yphkoothta" (sorry I am not sure how to accurately translate these words in English).

Papadopoulos was born in Armenia and Vintra in the Chech Republic. They both play for the Greek NT. No one seems to worry too much about that.

It's really a non issue, and it's really a personal matter for Ninis. I am sure he is probably tormented over it, and as a PAO fan I would love to see him play for Greece, but if he decides that his heart is in Albania he'll have my support.

I hope he can concentrate on advancing his career through all this hoopla, and to groom his talent to become the player we all think he will be some day.

File sorry if I'm missing something here because I havent been involved in this whole "ethnicity" debate, but why would he have his heart with Albania? Sorry if this has already been covered. Is he eligible to play for Greece or does he need papers like Castillo?
he is a greek citizen, and even if he wasnt the govenrment has recently passed legislation making it easier for Greeks in Albania to get Greek passports.

http://www.dailyfrappe.com/index.php?optio...=2088&Itemid=57

He is Greek and Raised in Greece, he will play for Greece. Period.

Original aekara , you are talking out of your backside, Alban Bushi, you are clutching at straws.

Ninis' parent are Greek and he is, as described above a case simular to those Of Christodoulou, Kalatzis and Lazaridis that played for Australia.

Anyway, Ninis has been in Greece ever since he was 3 years old.

Original aekara dont listen to this guy, he is the 1 talking out of his ass

Original aekara is asking for facts which would solve this topic in a second but u guys just want to go on about bs

THE BOTTOM LINE IS CAN ANYONE CONFIRM 100% THAT NINIS PARENTS ARE ETHNIC GREEK OR ALBANIAN?

if u cant then u might as well not say anything about it coz ur post are totally pointless

and vyntra's mum is greek and his dad is czech

OK OK ...

lets make the climate a bit lighter here ...

Recent Joke:

--

Why does Panathinaikos play only on Saturdays lately?

Ninis needs Sundays to do his homework for Mondays school!

:tup:

(relax guys ... let the kid play ball ... he has plenty of years to show his worth and we have even more to see him play, learn more about him etc .... )

OK OK ...

Recent Joke:

--

(relax guys ... let the kid play ball ... he has plenty of years to show his worth and we have even more to see him play, learn more about him etc .... )

hehehehehe!!! nice joke... :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

OK OK ...

Recent Joke:

--

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Original aekara dont listen to this guy, he is the 1 talking out of his ass

Original aekara is asking for facts which would solve this topic in a second but u guys just want to go on about bs

THE BOTTOM LINE IS CAN ANYONE CONFIRM 100% THAT NINIS PARENTS ARE ETHNIC GREEK OR ALBANIAN?

if u cant then u might as well not say anything about it coz ur post are totally pointless

and vyntra's mum is greek and his dad is czech

That is exactly what i was talking about. I just wanted a straight answer on his parents ethnicity, nothing else.

what difference does it make. he wil obviously choose greece if not only for the chance to play in euro cups and potentialy a world cup. as an albanian national player, the best he could hope for is to play a few qualie games.

thats not the point re

Anyway, Ninis has been in Greece ever since he was 3 years old.

If he was so proud to be a Hellene as you make it, then why is he YET to become a Greek citizen ?

He'll play for Greece not bacause his roots make him a Hellene, but because it's simply the better choice for his infant career, get over it.

If he was so proud to be a Hellene as you make it, then why is he YET to become a Greek citizen ?

He'll play for Greece not bacause his roots make him a Hellene, but because it's simply the better choice for his infant career, get over it.

I can think of some great reasons not to take a citizenship yet.

whats your point?

Ninis is of Greek heritage, from a Greek community in Ximara, he grew up in Greece, has Greek first and last name even.

Get over it and the jealousy that we have better Greek talent already. Go focus on D'ACol :LOL:

Hellene? :whistle: :whistle:

i dont know this word..

I came to Greece when I was 14 and I didn't get Greek citizenship until I was 23. I only had Australian citizenship until then. Was I less a Greek before I had it written in ink?

I don't understand what is the issue here from the beginning. In the end in terms of soccer what counts is which National team he is going to play for, IF he plays for one, right?

Let's assume the guy becomes at 22 three times better than he is now (which is the logical sequence of a player with special talent, like the one he seems to be)

and then he plays for Greece. Is there going to be ONE single Greek that may say "right we have an Albanian playing for our national team, I don't approve it, I don't like it" I doubt it

if he is Greek and he plays for the Albanian national team and he is that good, we as Greeks are probably going to nag about how he should be playing for us. I hope that after a while none of us will come out to say "Ninis is Greek, we get the credit" in a hypothetical Albanian success

in other words

from the display so far

and based on the assumption that he is going to be great

lucky is the national team for which he'll be playing for

who gives a s..t about his nationality?

I don't think the Brazilians care anymore about not having Deco in their team. Nor the Portuguese think of his nationality when he plays for Portugal

and in the end I don't see any fans from Uruguay or Mexico asking about Castillo's nationality

there is no reason for Alban_Bushi to wonder where Ninis is from, especially if in the end he chooses Greece. His nationality will change nothing on that matter

and it's not like we as Greeks have to claim the new-found gold as if it's our savior for Greek soccer in general...

IF somebody from our side must claim him no matter what, well then let that be Gagatsis

Archived