Phantis Forums

Sotiris Ninis

Alban_Bushi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he turn 17 like last week? I would put a ridiculous buy out clause on him like 50mill or something to make all the teams back off lol. Trust me we need our younf super stars to stay in Greece to make this league progress

Didn't he turn 17 like last week? I would put a ridiculous buy out clause on him like 50mill or something to make all the teams back off lol. Trust me we need our younf super stars to stay in Greece to make this league progress

teams cant just place any purchase price they want on a player. There are many factors which dictate the amount a team can ask for. The boy obviously has talent however, PAO shouldnt be quick to throw money and a longer-term deal his way. They should wait and see how he does over a full season and after this initial adrenaline high wears off.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ninis is the best thing that Munoz did for PAO. Not only he discovered a great talent and gave it a chance, but it shows to other youngsters PAO can elevate them above the $1.5 mil players (like Biscan, Flavio-- who don't produce nothing except heartache for us)...

This is a player that can evolve into a flag for the team, and he should be rewarded by management. We have to be patient too so the kid isn't burned. I like Pesseiro's words...

Ninis is the best thing that Munoz did for PAO. Not only he discovered a great talent and gave it a chance, but it shows to other youngsters PAO can elevate them above the $1.5 mil players (like Biscan, Flavio-- who don't produce nothing except heartache for us)...

This is a player that can evolve into a flag for the team, and he should be rewarded by management. We have to be patient too so the kid isn't burned. I like Pesseiro's words...

Couldnt have stated it better Athinaios

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

I am an Albanian from Kosovo and i would never play for Serbia, i say never. Maybe here we have the same case about Sotir Nini.

If that is the case then i tell him well done, everybody should love his nation, and i am not against that. But if he has done the opposite then i would like to say shame on him. Passport is just a piece of paper and you get it in 5 years time, and that doesnt make you greece or albanian.

as much as i saw from youtube he is a great player, reminds me of Francesc Fabregas, and i hope he becomes that great !!

All in all, we should forget the nationalism and accept that we have to live together peacefully. The cold war has ended long time ago, and we have to look forward to the future. I am sure we will all live under same roof called European Union.

lets be a bit open minded !

I am new to this forum though

not leaving anytime soon thats for sure he has a lot of maturing to do still after the injury......

Iliridon - no offense man but the kids not an "Albanian", he hasnt betrayed anybody. He grew up in Greece, hes Greek Orthodox, his friends and his life is Greek.

In terms of his name he has a Greek Orthodox first name (Sotiris = Savior)

and an Italian last name (Nini) as Venetian influence was all over that region..... The name Ninis could also be from Greek as we have that word Ninis in Greek. Hes got Epirot written all over him....Of course Albanians think Epirus is Albanian because many Albanian speakers and Greeks think its Greek because it has some Greeks/Orthodox and because Ancient Greek history there....

In terms of bloodline he comes from Himara in Albania (Epirus region) which has a lot of Greeks in it - The Orthodox in Epirus Albanian or Greek or Aromanian really all the same people in terms of blood anyways Albanian Christians have Greek blood in them and Greeks there have Albanian blood ....so when one crosses over hes an Epirot by blood, not an Albanian or a Greek....

I have no problem that you follow the player hes a great talent, but that Albanians keep thinking "hes a traitor" "he belongs for Albania" when in reality hes not an Albanian like you or the Northern Albanians, and he chooses not to be one. And thats why you follow the player, because you think he belongs to you. :tdown:

not leaving anytime soon thats for sure he has a lot of maturing to do still after the injury......

Iliridon - no offense man but the kids not an "Albanian", he hasnt betrayed anybody. He grew up in Greece, hes Greek Orthodox, his friends and his life is Greek.

In terms of his name he has a Greek Orthodox first name (Sotiris = Savior)

and an Italian last name (Nini) as Venetian influence was all over that region..... The name Ninis could also be from Greek as we have that word Ninis in Greek. Hes got Epirot written all over him....Of course Albanians think Epirus is Albanian because many Albanian speakers and Greeks think its Greek because it has some Greeks/Orthodox and because Ancient Greek history there....

In terms of bloodline he comes from Himara in Albania (Epirus region) which has a lot of Greeks in it - The Orthodox in Epirus Albanian or Greek or Aromanian really all the same people in terms of blood anyways Albanian Christians have Greek blood in them and Greeks there have Albanian blood ....so when one crosses over hes an Epirot by blood, not an Albanian or a Greek....

I have no problem that you follow the player hes a great talent, but that Albanians keep thinking "hes a traitor" "he belongs for Albania" when in reality hes not an Albanian like you or the Northern Albanians, and he chooses not to be one. And thats why you follow the player, because you think he belongs to you. :tdown:

Drakos at last a post where i cant do anything but agree completely with you

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

• 1 month later...

nai re.. den mporo na to katalavo auto... as ksekourasi ton karagkouni kai na valei mesa ton sotirako!! akousa sto supersport oti isos paiksei me ton astera alla auto to akouo gia poly kairo tora...

Ninis has entered the sphere of urban myths. He played some stellar games last year when he fist signed with PAO, but late in the season, after the AEK game, he looked as mortal as all the other PAO players.

In the summer he played with elpides and most of the time he was mediocre and was replaced. He played maybe one good game, but seemed to be nursing an injury throughout.

Everyone blamed his conditioning at the time because he did not participate in any serious off-season program. To make matters worst, he was with the Elpides most of the summer playing games and missing this year's PAO off-season training. Then when he came back from the NT tournament, they put him in a special training program to catch up. Then he got injured and had an operation that kept him out for almost three months. He got inured August 26, and returned December 1, 2007

Ninis is a very talented player, but in the few minutes I saw him this season (8' against Olympiakos and 8' against Locomotiv, and 6' against Xanthi) he did not look good at all.

Maybe he has not found his form. Has anyone seen him beyond these three games, if yes, please tell us what you saw. I don't believe for a minute that the coach has a better player to play on the right wing and does not put him in. Why would he do that??

In fact, watching who Peseiro includes in the 18 has clued me in to the fact that Ninis is making progress towards the starting lineup. In the last game against PAOK Ninis was on the bench but Dimoutsos and Papadopoulos stayed home. This was not the case a month ago when Ninis was the one left out most of the time.

I would love to see him back. If he is in form he is a huge upgrade over the way Karagounis has been playing this year.

Archived