Jump to content
Phantis Forums

paokarag4

Members
  • Posts

    2,409
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    126

Everything posted by paokarag4

  1. Anything buy Shakhtar Donestk and we are a sneaky and small chance
  2. were down by 24 during the 1st, huge effort to wrestle back the lead in the 3rd but we had nothing left in the 4th. Couldn't hit a shot to save ourselves. Croatia ended up qualifying for the olympics after beating Italy in OT in there own back yard
  3. I thought Tzavellas had re-signed during last season? i might be wrong, im sure blackhawk will know
  4. If that signing does go through, it would mean we have a s%$#! load of players in centre mid. Cimirot, Xarisi, Tzioli, Kace, Shakov and potentially Canas. That's 6 players for 2 positions. I'm not counting dekari, because if you count players who can play there as well we need to add Pelka, Mysta and potentially Pereyra. So that would make 9 players for 3 positions. Depth is good but surely that is too many for 3 spots?
  5. Gate 4 Closed until November. 70,000 euro fine to go with it. The punishment for that semi is never ending http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superleague/paok/ekleise-th-thura-4-o-kontonhs.4158815.html
  6. Don't think there will be any real surprises with who goes to Holland, I expect all senior players to go and the "usual suspects" from the younger brigade. The ones that will be dropped will be some of the kids and he might take one or 2 with the rest of the team just so they can experience a proper pre-season
  7. im thinking he must be someone from the K20
  8. really don't think he has the quality to improve our defence. Hope he proves me wrong, but this looks like another poor-average signing at Center back
  9. cos olympiakos couldnt play olympiakos
  10. I can't believe that, I feel he has spoken with a lot of emotion. Surely he'll reverse his decision??
  11. Apparently Mateous deal has fallen through due to $. Lets see how the rest of today plays out http://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/72075/arnitiki-tropi-me-mateous
  12. Djamla looks good in the highlights, but thats exactly what they are highlights. Fingers crossed he's the real deal, especailly for the $ he's on
  13. Nothing in that little snippet you posted Boston, is not true though? He was banned from taking part in anything related to Greek football was he not? That may have been lifted now because I do recall seeing him at olympiako's celebration for the league title but that perhaps doesn't count as "official football activity" Anyways I don't get why they are so defense over their owner, were there not tape recordings of him speaking to refs? Were there not recordings of him talking about trying to buy a ref in a europa league qualifier? But I'm anti-marinaki so don't mind the FACTS that I'm stating
  14. In international football, there is never a good time for a rebuild. You are constantly playing qualifiers between major tournaments. It does suck watching a major tournament, but I think that the younger generation (myself included) have not really experienced international football without Greece present. World cup 2006 is the only realy tourney I watched without us present, Euro 2000 I was only 6 and can't recall a thing. World cup 2002 i was starting to follow football but I had no idea about the qualifying proccess and all that, so I just watched and cheered against Turkey. Then at 10 (Still not fully into football and having no real knowledge of qualifying) Greece goes and wins the Euro. Myself along with a whole generation of young Greeks, (especially overseas) think oh s%$#! Greece must be a gun team. Not fully apperciating where the ethniki had come from and having no real knowledge of our minimal and poor history in major tournaments. The point is, any dip in form at NT level is gonna result in you missing a tournament, especially one as bad that we have experienced over the last 2 years.
  15. Australian media is a joke in general, especially when it comes to football. I don't take any note of what they say/write in regards to "Soccer" because I know 99% is not true. Neos kosmos is having a go at the Herald Sun for there poor reporting of the "incidents" and I must say good on them. Neos Kosmos is tiny compared to HS on a national scale but still good to see someone take it up to a glorified trashy magazine
  16. Some positives to take out of the game for sure. Bakestas had some nice touches, hopefully he can cement a spot in AEK's starting XI and have a big season. Maniati's goal, wow I didn't think he had that in him. That goal will go down in Greek football history! Our pressing was good and I was surprised we lasted till late in the game doing it. Interesting to see if that's the tactics we go with come WC qualifiers. Samaris, Stafylidi, Sokrati and Mantalos amongst our best
  17. Stronger 11 than what we thought, probably close to the best team Skibbe could put out given the absences. Hopefully Bakesetas shows us some of the form that he had this season
  18. pes ta re Greekoz Onto the football, hoping to see some good signs, looking forward to seeing what Mantalos can do at NT level
  19. Jesus this back and forth between the Sydney Greeks and Melbourne Greeks is a joke. And it shows perfectly what is wrong with Greeks. We will take each others heads before we unite and do something together
  20. Kitsiou is still pretty young, he could improve
  21. First signing announced, Leo Matos http://www.paokfc.gr/nea/paiktis-tou-paok-o-leo-matos/
  22. I believe its the grand hyatt Tzavella uploaded a photo on insta and had the location set to the grand hyatt
  23. Read an article that said EPO hadn't filed the paperwork to get Giannou a "change of nationality" since he had played for Australia in an official youth tournament. So basically incompetence by our governing body, no real shocks there
  24. we havent had a ball playing CB since Contreas, Vitor isn't bad at it but sometimes he bites off more than he can chew
  25. Pereya would be a welcome additon no doubt. My logic is if they play your boy Mysta in his acutal position he wil thrive. But hey, how dare I use the word "logic" when talking about PAOK :P
×
×
  • Create New...