-
Posts
2,410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
126
Everything posted by paokarag4
-
matos 2-2! just wallpaper over the cracks imo
-
oxi re prijo..... what a chance
-
at least we have created 3 or so good chances in the last 10 mins. I feel like there is a goal left in this game, just hope its for us
-
Lucescu needs to get proactive and make some changes. Pelka and Prijovic need to come on. Mak to come off instead of El kaddouri (mak has actually been invisible) and prijo for kolouri
-
standard, awful goal to cop
-
deserved lead, now to go on with it and seal the 3 points
-
A rare start for Toro today, but he was sent off in first half stoppage time. They were already 2-0 up against Sampodoria at the time and managed to hold on for a 3-0 win
-
Returned to the starting XI today after missing the last 2 games with a slight injury. Dortmund led Schalke 4-0 at half time, only to implode in the final half hour and be where equalized in stoppage time for a 4-4 draw!!
-
I dare say Vieirinha will play at left back again. With so many starters out for Panionios, and some turmoil off field you'd have to say its a big chance to win away from home and get that monkey off the back. 3 points tonight, no excuses
-
New rankings just released and no surprise we remain at 47 http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html
-
Although not in great form, Prijovic is a class better than Klaus
-
Reading that Hult, (pana left back) could be on his way to us if they can't pay him and he becomes a free agent He's looked okay when we've played them, but can't say ive watched him enough. Watch this space I guess http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/ellada/super-league/article/357911/senaria-gia-hoult-stin-touba/
-
Would be a bad move, but I can understand him wanting to go. Was such a big part of our team last season and now he's glued to the bench. And it's not like his replacement is setting the world on fire
-
However unlikely it is, we have 90 mins to try turn it around. Very hard to see us scoring 3, and keeping a clean sheet, especially the way we defended yesterday but we now have nothing to lose. Throw everything at them, need to start players who will pass and move. Wingers who will run at their shaky defence and cause them problems. -------Karnezi---- Toro(if fit)/retso---Sokrati---Manolas---Stafylidis ---------------------------Zeca----------Taxi-------- --------------------------------Fortouni-------- Lazaro-----------Mitro-------Pelka/gianniontas Lazaros we know will pick up the ball and drive at the Croatian defence. As for the other wing, I don't have huge confidence that either can produce at this level but we need goals, so attacking players need to start in attacking positions.
-
Don't know about the fines, have never heard that from around world football. I've heard of players getting fined for being sent off... If its a common practise thats okay then, but I feel like this is the type of the thing, especially in Greek football that will piss off the squad and their performance will reflect that. I think things are going to get worse before they get better. Maybe I'm just being extremely negative and over analyzing.
-
No official word but apparently its looking increasingly unlikely Toro will make the first leg, they are going to give Sokrati until the last minute to prove his fitness. I tend to agree with everyone here, my instincts are he'll play. http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/diethneis/world-championship-qualifications/article/356062/anahorisi-me-aisiodoxia-kai-agonia-video/
-
You are right there, there have been changes but were they really needed? I think everyone can agree Bisewar should be starting. Pelka was part of the team and played a fair bit, so can't really say he's new, but I understand what you are saying he is now a starter when last season he was a rotation player. A keeper doesn't take a huge amount of time to gel with a defence, and regardless we haven't really conceded a goal from poor communication (perhaps v olympiako but imo zambrano should have been more aware) Do you think Lucescu is the answer for us?
-
There is a slight difference, Ivic had a brand new squad. Lucescu has inherited a squad that only finished 3 points off the pace last season. Regardless I agree with you bananas, sacking another coach isn't the answer. Personally I don't think Lucescu will last beyond this season, if he even sees it out. But instability isn't the answer. It starts at the top, you appoint a manager in the summer you must give him time. And if he was so bad, then do your due diligence and appoint someone who is somewhat proven.
-
Perfect penalty, he dove the right way, there was no stopping it. On the first goal watford conceded he had a bad case of greek keeper come over him as he charged out of the box to a ball he was never gonna reach and got rounded and Everton made it 2-1. Holebas should have dealt with the ball but Karnezi had no right coming that far off his line when he had a defender between him and the ball.
-
Who would of thought sacking a coach 1 week out from the start of the season wouldn't end well? Lucescu isn't good enough, I think most knew this. He is a small team manager who can frustrate big teams, doesn't have the ability to coach a team that needs to play football and not foul and get in the faces of the opposition. I've said it before writing has been on the wall since we sacked Stanojevic, probably even further back when Ivic decided to leave. What makes it worse is that this season has opened right up with olymapiko's struggles early days and we've done nothing to take advantage. Extremely disappointing, it's like watching the same bad movie every year over and over. There is still time, but I can't see Lucescu turning it around. Forget winning derbies away from home we need to start by beating Smyrini and Larissa.
-
that is extremely convenient ;)
-
Pelkas called up for the ethniki's world cup playoffs against Croatia.