Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Brklyngrk

Members
  • Posts

    1,378
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    39

Everything posted by Brklyngrk

  1. Moving up, leapfrogged Turkey for 18th place. Can pass the next three if we keep getting results, very tight.
  2. Athanasiadis wouldn't have started but does deserve consideration. Giakoumakis played his first game today in months. I do agree Fountas deserved it over Stafylidis.
  3. Vlacho will start either way. Don't want Stafylidis starting. Giakoumakis is not ready as he hasn't played at all this year.
  4. His penalty was also well taken, really strong.
  5. His stats have been good. The way he is used in the ethniki may not suit him. Every time we play, he seems to hold up play and slow down our attack. That is the reason he gets criticized as much as he does.
  6. I saw somewhere that he was the man of the match.
  7. That may be true, but looked at what happened to PAO. No one came in to rescue them. It may be frustrating that he hasn't invested as much as he said, but from when he bought them to now, PAOK is a force again.
  8. The truth is, if it wasn't for him, what would your alternative be? It's not like there are investors willing to spend money in the Greek league.
  9. Win both games next round and we can still dream. Lose one, and we are done.
  10. Tzolis, Douvikas, Tzimikas all impressed and should be regulars on the team for a long time.
  11. He looked good the last few games for the ethniki....
  12. We looked good yesterday, deserved the win. Can't remember the last time I saw opposing players constantly foul our guys to stop them from going to go on a break, it happened repeatedly to Tsimikas and Douvikas. Hellas Pod do a great job!!
  13. A win is a win. At a minimum, it shows that we have heart.
  14. So things didn't work the first time, so you put in the same line up pretty much....
  15. Αναλυτικά η 11άδα της Εθνικής: Βλαχοδήμος, Μαυροπάνος, Τζαβέλλας, Χατζηδιάκος, Τσιμίκας, Ανδρούτσος, Μπουχαλάκης, Ζέκα, Μπακασέτας, Δουβίκας, Παυλίδης
  16. It's just a lot of negative sentiment now. We need to just put the past behind us and move forward. What has happened, is over, we need to move forward. At the very least, play for pride.
  17. I want players who will run and give it their all. Watching those two go in slow motion was terrible!!
  18. I was looking at whoscored.com - the man of the match was Bakasetas. Every time I look at these sites, he is always "our best player".
  19. I would put in Papadopoulos instead of Restos. Love that guys energy!! Obviously, I rather have Manolas in there or Siovas but that's another conversation.
  20. I was surprised he started Mavropanos after that terrible game he had with the Swiss.
  21. Having gotten a chance to watch the game, I am just gutted. We played terrible, well, neither team played well but the point is what happened to the pressing we saw in the friendly? What happened to the attacking? You had the same players available for both games. I used to defend JVS bc I thought we had started playing more attacking but something has changed. In these three games, we have played horribly. At the end of the day, you are what your record is and we are a winless team. We may not lose, but we also don't win. You can say we don't have the talent, but it doesn't take talent to run and press. The hustling that we had seen earlier is now gone. If he loses the Sweden game, I see him being fired as we will be out of it.
  22. Well - He will see out this round of games. The truth is that anything less than a win against Kosovo will end our chances.
  23. Spain has an amazing team but for all the chances they create, they should be scoring 4 a game. They dominated the Italian team in the Euros but couldn't score. Sweden, in a way, is a team that mirrors us. They prefer to play defense and counter, will be interesting to see how they play us.
×
×
  • Create New...