J1078
Members-
Posts
2,818 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
185
Everything posted by J1078
-
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
I will say the one thing I do like how Skibbe has brought his defence first mentality as this is the way the Greek team needs to play to be successful. We have to work to our strengths and utilize our best assets which is our Defence. We all saw what happened when we tried to play a more offensive style we ended up neglecting our strengths which is our D and we were losing to the worst of the worst teams and that should NOT happen. In saying this I do wish we could find a happy medium to a good defence and a balanced offense and not depend on only one structure. Maybe this will happen if and when we can find someone to solidify our Mid which really controls the game and we are definitely lacking in that position. -
Break down of how Greece can qualify... Goal differential can play a huge role.. http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/how-greece-can-finish-2nd-and-qualify-for-the-playoffs
-
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
His call ups alone and he decision making of who starts over who and leaving in form players out and bring up guys the ride the bench should be enough for him to not be back with the team.. -
http://www.sport24.gr/football/mundial/aleksandroy-kseroyme-ti-akougetai-emeis-paizoyme-gia-thn-kupro.4873480.html What the Cypriot players are saying about the game...
-
If Skibbe picks that line up then I'm going to personally fly to Greece and Punch him right in the gut.. lol
-
I'm pretty sure Tzavellas will start a and so will Zeca. Sipois and Koutris will not play in this game.. Skibbe will choose something like this, Karnezis Toro, sokratis Manolas Tzav Zeca Samaris Fortounis Donis Mitro Lazaros
-
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
What you're saying makes sense and I hope that's how it plays out.. It also makes sense that Belgiums B squad will be out to prove something since they don't get much playing time. We will even take the draw I just pray Bosnia DONT get the win because I think Estonia won't be able to hold them off and do us a favour...the only thing that worries me is we all no Bosnia can score goals so they definitely have the ability to score and steal a win...I hope not.. I guess at the end of the day if we don't beat Cyprus it's pointless worrying about what happens.. -
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
Bosnia missing some key players but with all of Belgiums misses Bosnia I think have a great chance for the win. Bosnia will show more determination and heart in this game and Belgium will treat it more like a friendly... -
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
You're wrong we currently have 13 points and once you minus the firs win against Gibraltar we are currently sitting at 10 points NOT 11 which means the best we can finish is19 points in our group minus 6 points for the two wins (if we bet Gibraltar) is 13 points NOT 14. That's why goals will play a role. We can only reach a maximum of 13points that's why what @Rockafeller Skank is saying is right. -
@kbxk508 nice break down but you're absolutely right if we don't beat Cyprus then there is no need to worry what the other groups do. Good thing is we will no what the outcome of the Belgium and Bosnia match before we start our match.. after Saturdays game if we beat Cyprus and Bosnia drop points then we can focus on the other groups but for now we need to pray we get a win and Bosnia lose or draw.. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing the Greek team knowing the result of the Bosnia match before they play Cyprus..
-
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
I was reading an article on how determined the Cyprus team is to come out and get the win as they still believe they have an outside chance at 2nd and making the playoffs even though they play Belgium in there final match. All of those thoughts of them gifting us this match is BS there is no way they will do that. Cyprus would rather get the tie and no one goes in then them losing to us and worsening there fifa rankings. It will be a tough game. -
http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/belgium-bring-big-guns-to-bosnia-clash
-
Villafanez to Obtain Greek Citizenship in Coming Weeks
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
How good is this guy suppose to be? what would you guys compare him to? Does he make us better with him in the line up? -
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
I'm hoping we don't draw them but I think I'll have more confidence when I see who Skibbe has chosen. I pray Mitro is healthy.. If I see Skibbe starts Tziolis and plays a defensive style then I will be worried as hell. -
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
I've said this from the begnging the Cyprus game really worries me and I'm not so sure Belgium will beat Bosnia... I'm glad I get to watch the Belgium game first and i pray they win or at worst draw. I'm nervous as F*** against Cyprus and I see a draw happening.. -
I'm for the NT playing defensive soccer but in this game a draw or a lose and we are done so I hope Skibbe has the common sense to play an offensive line up and push as much as possible at least until we get the lead. If he has a defensive setup and only plays one striker then he's truly an idiot.. Lets see what he does.
-
The NT owes to the team the country and the fans to put together the absolute best players available at each position and unfortunately we will not know under this coach what our real potential is because we are not putting together the best players possible. It's an absolute damn shame that Holebas is not playing on this team along with fetfa, amongst others and it's an absolute joke that Tziolis is on this team. If we lose we lose but let's lose with the best possible players. I truly think Skibbe is clueless when scouting guys and doing his homework on players and there abilities.
-
Cyprus vs. Greece ( 7 October 2017, GSP Stadium, Nicosia )
J1078 replied to Greekaroos's topic in Greek National Teams
Mitro Need to play ffs....... It would be a huge loss in our do or die game if he's not ready. -
The defensive style is working and that's the we Greece need to play. Raneri tried to open us up and be more offensive and we saw the outcome.. In saying this there is no tomorrow with the Cyprus game its do or die for us and a draw is NO GOOD so we have to go for the win and we have to create chances against them and get shot on target. Because of the Estonia draw we don't have the comfort to sit back a play defence in this game. We need to play two strikers in this match.
-
Come on bro Fetfa is fat.... really?? The guys got skills and needs to be on this team.. This is a no brainer...
-
http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/skimpe-eixa-ekshghsei-ston-lazaro-ton-parakoloythw.4855063.html Doesn't sound like he's a lock to get called up..
-
Hope so..
-
^ I get what you are saying and I'm not completely disagreeing with you but what is the harm in giving him at the very least a shot even coming off the bench. Yes he is playing against weaker players but the guy looks confident and in form so I truly believe he deserves a look. I completely agree with you regarding lazaros and I hope we see him up with the NT..