Jump to content
Phantis Forums

J1078

Members
  • Posts

    2,828
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    185

Everything posted by J1078

  1. @Torontoblue Bro we know and I don't think anyone is debating what you are saying but we are all going to still watch the qualifiers and still have hope of getting through even if our chances are slim...
  2. We knew it would be difficult what ever group we got especially in our current state, but id rather have this group which may give us a fighting chance then some of the other groups.. Like I said we know Italy and Bosnia are the favorites and Finland is always a challenge.. Not going to be easy at all but we could have been placed in a much harder group..
  3. Bosnia will be difficult... Greece never win in Finland.. Its an open group but the favorites are definitely Italy and Bosnia
  4. We have no power house but 3 tricky teams... Italy Bonsina Finland Greece Armenia Liechtenstein
  5. Bosnia and Finland again
  6. I want group A so far..
  7. @Dean97 good points.. I think the problem all started when Renari came in and said "we want tp play more attacking and attractive football" he took the entire system the Greek team was known for and accustomed to playing and tried to change their entire style. I truly believe if a coach came in after Santos left and kept the focus on defensive football we would have qualified for the last Euros. It's very clear we need to be an all out defensive team first and stop conceding goals should be step one. I don't think it will matter who we call up as it is very clear we need to go back to that boring defensive style If we want results and to start making tournaments again.. Our players lack creativity offensively and our players look lost. We have the type of player that can all play back and shut it down and then find a goal from a set piece or a counter.. This is the reason we have become so s%$#! in the last 4 years... We got coaches that didn't take the team and continue with the formula that has made this team successful but rather tried to change everything and that's why this team lost their identity.. There where a lot of guys on here and abroad who were complaining that we play ugly football I was one of them but the reality is we need to go back to that style as we can all see now.. Unless a superstar emerges from somewhere we need to play to our strengths which is suffocate teams defensively.. This is why we can squeak out results with teams like Belgium but when we open up offensively we lose to teams like Estonia.. I'm hoping this Euro campaign since we will be the underdogs we may actually be more successful...
  8. I get what you are saying but lets be honest when club teams are playing like s%$#! the fans still go but when the NT is playing bad you still need to show up and support them that is no excuse.. It comes down to what you value more and the fans in Greece value their club teams much more then then NT. I hate when people jump on and off the bandwagon... We all know the state of the team is so frustrating to watch right now but we all do regardless in the hopes that they will figure it out that's why we are on this form to begin with because we give a s%$#! about the NT... Maybe the EPO really needs to drop the price of tickets for a while in hopes more people come out during the Euro qualifier and then maybe with a few good results you get some people to start believing again and start showing up regularly before you jack up the cost again.. I understand a winning culture and a better product on the filed will eventually sell more tickets and fill up more seats but the lack of support we see in the stands is ridiculous.. Hungary and Finland fill up there stadiums for FFS and they haven't won s%$#!....
  9. The Epo needs to be smart about this, where do we think the NT can play and actually get homefield advantage where fans will show up? Do we really think Having the games in Crete will fill up the stadium? I mean if we couldn’t get people in Athens will People come out in Crete? I still think Athens is probably the smartest choice IMO.. I’m sick of playing in other teams stadium in front of a full crowd and then when they come play in our home it’s not intimidating at all as it’s empty..
  10. If that’s how they feel about the Ethniki then I say F*** those bitches and the NT should not even come consider playing their games at Toumba... http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/paoks-gate-4-fans-over-our-dead-bodies-the-ethniki-at-toumba
  11. No Minnow woould ever win a Euro championship and be ranked 10 for years..unfortunately right now we are sinking fast and even though I don’t think we are a minnow YET we can’t be that far off if you look at who we’ve lost to the past 4 years.. I mean when teams that are in the 90’s plus in the FIFA ranking have beat you over the last 4 years we can’t really say we are that much ahead of them.. I’m still hoping we turn this around but it doesn’t look good at the moment.. I mean besides the Netherlands in a friendly when they were struggling when was the last time we beat a good team? It’s been years.. Yes we have Tied a few teams but when have we actually won? We have lost more times to Minniows then we have beat a good team in the last 4 years which is why our FIFA rankings have plummeted.. I’m hoping we start to get our s%$#! together and start to turn this around as it will all start with a very difficult group for us no matter who we get in the qualifiers..
  12. I think t starts 12cet which is 6am Eastern.. not sure where to watch it.. I think it may be live on Uefa.com but I’m not sure..
  13. Does anyone know where we can watch the Draw on December 2nd?
  14. I wish Holebas would be called up but considering this coach wants to start getting younger I honestly think his name is not even a consideration to the new coach..
  15. The problem is Ang didn't do his homework in my opinion, If he would have watched what Skibbe did in the world cup qualifier with the line up he fielded that ended up with us drawing Estonia and almost costing us 2nd then he would have known better.. I also think the changes he made were to many at one time and he should have realized the importance of the match.. Even though he got us a positive win in his first match losing to Estonia is so demoralizing to the players psyche and could easily shatter any confidence they had in a new coach and that can carry over.. Going forward we need Donis heathy FOR ONCE as he gets a spot on the wing which will eliminate the duo of Pelkas and Mantalos/Bakasetas.. I'm hoping he stays true to his word and implements a few of the young guys in this line up as I really would like to see what some of them can do like Chatzigiovannis and Tsimkas. Ether way this coach and his staff have a lot of work to do in the next few months so lets hope these guys get it right.. Lets just hope we don't get the best teams from the first 3 pots in Decembers draw..
  16. It doesn't matter who we start as long as there is no leadership no passion then we will continue to drop further and further...We have no game plan no system whatsoever so guys that get called up and start don't fit in. We have a bunch of players that all look like they are playing independently from each other.. No one can sit here and say that Finland or Hungary or Estonia and so one have better players then us because they don't.. We lack speedy wingers and we lack a system that everyone understands and everyone buys into..When we were good pre 2014 everyone on the field had a role and we knew we would defend like hell first and then when we got an opportunity we would attack on the counter. We were also so much better on set pieces and had a few different looks to throw at teams. Even those days we would never blow anyone out and we scrambled to beat teams like Lithuania and company by 1-0 scores but at least we had an identity and a system that everyone bought into.. This current group is confused on whether they wont to play defence or offence and look lost most of the time. I have no clue what style of play our team is known for.. This is going to take a coach that preaches a certain style of play and makes everyone accountable to play the same way.. They also need vocal leaders on and off the field.. Its also pretty difficult to be passionate when you go on the road and see fans supporting their team and then you come back home to play and no one shows up to support the team.. We literally have no home field advantage..
  17. Look how the team has gone down hill after the 2014 World cup.. Look at these loses that have dropped our rankings and have put this team in the position they are today.. I think there is no more passion or heart or care from the players, Fans and EPO. These results are now the norm for this team.. Below is a list of the Ethniki’s results to forget since the downfall began in 2014. 14-Oct-14: Greece - N. Ireland 0:2 (Euro 2016 qualifying) 14-Nov-14: Greece - Faroe Islands 0:1 (Euro 2016 qualifying) 13-Jun-15: Faroe Islands- Greece 2:1 (Euro 2016 qualifying) 4-Sep-15: Greece - Finland 0:1 (Euro 2016 qualifying) 8-Oct-15: N. Ireland - Greece 3:1 (Euro 2016 qualifying) 13-Nov-15: Luxembourg - Greece 1:0 (Friendly) 9-Nov-16: Greece - Belarus 0:1 (Friendly) 31-Aug-17: Greece - Estonia 0:0 (2018 World Cup qualifier) 9-Nov-17: Croatia - Greece 4:1 (2018 World Cup qualifier) 11-Sep-18: Hungary - Greece 2:1 (UEFA Nations League) 15-Oct-18: Finland - Greece 2:0 (UEFA Nations League) 18-Nov-18: Greece - Estonia 0:1 (UEFA Nations League) In 12 Games played Goals scored - 4 Goals Allowed - 19
  18. @Ellada2004 as much as I get pissed and want to say F*** this team they’re going no where I am also still excited for the draw and pray we get something reasonable that at least provides us a chance and gives us some hope...Who knows maybe not being the favourite in the group will make us play better and we can sneak through like we almost did in the last World Cup qualifier and like we have done before.. The last few times we were favoured in a group we s%$#! the bed.. Maybe Greece need to be the underdog and play against stronger opponents where the other team controls the ball and Greece just defend and attack on the counter.. That’s how we almost beat Belgium in Belgium amongst other teams..
  19. I don’t think it matters who we get as anyone right now can beat us but there’s no way I would want Switzerland they are solid or Slovakia, there are much easier teams then Slovakia in pot 3...
  20. No way would I want England and Germany that’s insane.. I would prefer Poland , Austria, Northern Ireland , and who cares from pot 5 or 6
  21. Confirmed pots after Nations league.. It’s going to be a very difficult challenge being in pot 4... Euro 2020 Seeding Pot 1 Belgium, Croatia, England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Poland Pot 2 Germany, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Denmark, Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Republic, Sweden Pot 3 Slovakia, Turkey, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Serbia, Finland, Scotland, Bulgaria, Israel Pot 4 Albania, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Montenegro, Slovenia, Hungary, Romania Pot 5 Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Gibraltar, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Faroe Islands Pot 6 Andorra, Latvia, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta
  22. @AchillesHeel I completely agree with you.. This is exactly what is needed.. The problem is how do you work implement a new group of players and a new system with no friendless? I believe the Nations league has eliminated teams scheduling friendlies that was its main purpose. So even though their is time before the Euro in March it’s not like we can work on anything on the field.. We need to make major changes and those changes will come with short term failure but hopeful we gain long term success.. It’s the only way.. When we consistently lose to teams like Faroe, Estonia, Luxembourg, N Ireland, Hungary, Finland with this group of players we can forget about qualifying for any tournament.. Even tho I like Toro and Socratis I don’t think they provide the proper leadership In the change room IMO.. Each new coach that comes in looks for a bandaid solution by just adding a piece or two and eventually just doing what the previous coach did that failed.. The only way to turn this around is suffer for a while until this current core is gone and new blood takes over...
  23. Even though I would like a major overhaul of this team by this coach I can’t see it happening since he only signed a 1 year deal and if he doesn’t get us into the Euros he will be gone... If the EPO signed a coach for a couple years with the expectations of making big changes and working with the youngsters who come up then fine but for now Angelos job is to somehow get these guys to the Euros so he won’t tear up this team completely unfortunately...
  24. I don’t actually know if we will be alright especially since the fans have all given up and don’t show up to any games and now the captan and leader stands up and stops believing with Socratis comments.. I think there is a bad vibe amongst the team... I’m starting to believe that Greece can only be successful by being the underdogs and having everyone play back and just score a goal on the counter and just defend. It seems like when we are favoured and control the ball we don’t know what the hell to do with it hence our famous back passes and lack of finishing..
  25. I completely agree.. Any confidence we built in the Finland game was thrown out the window after the Estonia game.. It was a very bad move to choose to field d that line up... A loss to a team like Estonia and it shatters your confidence..I also disagree with socratis comments as a leader you don’t come out publicly and say maybe we aren’t good enough, you just don’t do that.. He could have said a bunch of different things but when the young guys here that especially in the U21 it doesn’t send a good message..
×
×
  • Create New...