Phantis Forums

Greece-Cyprus

Omonoia9

Katsouranis strikes the penalty past Avgousti.

Greece 2-0 Cyprus

Being a halfie sucks on a day like this, ugh. You 100% Greeks are lucky today

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Theofilou remains on the Cypriot bench.

The Greek backup goalkeeper Tzorvas is the only available player left for Greece

The match ends Greece 2-0 Cyprus.

The Greek in me is happy, but the Cypriot in me wants to kick my Greek half in the balls! Still, I'm proud of a halfass Cypriot team hanging tough with a somewhat depleted Greek team.

On the other hand, Genome i think mentioned the result of the match might be changed by the fans storming the pitch.

Good and well deserved win by Greece..Rehegal saw a few things he liked..Giannakopoulos had a great game.. Annastaides said of his squad what do u want from my boys i took these guys from the paralias what do u expect from them..These guys are dedicated and excited to be playing for the national team...5 of the players from Apoel and Anorthosis had a game two days before in the finals of the cup, they showed they were not in there best from..Some guys did empress though Christou, Pavlou and Christophi good work guys and good luck to the mother counntry in the Euros!!!

I don't think this was a game to be upset no matter what the result. Besides, both teams treated this as a warm-up, an tune-up of the GR NT.

Btw, Karagounis dove for the penalty. It was so clear in replay. Good practice; maybe he can win us a couple more in the Euro :LOL:

Daskalakis IN

Yiasemi OUT

(Cyprus)

I am surprised either one was playing yesterday!

Anyway, good game. Let's not forget this was mostly for the benefit of the mainland/mother country in its preparation for Euro 2008. I just wish there wasn't that controversial penalty call. Maybe Karagounis is practicing his dive for Euro 2008? :huh:

well at least greece this year has shown a lot more offensive potential than our last team... we should have had more vs Cyprus... even though the penalty was dumb..

I dont get what Karagkounis was doing....he must have not liked Ilia very much and did it to piss him off or something who knows whats theyre saying on the pitch....

Archived