Euro 2008 : Moldova - Greece

dark_horse

Will Greece beat Moldova?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece beat Moldova?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

I watched the Chelsea vs. Man City yesterday and Samaras was subbed out for Dickov in the 56th min.

He really didn't have any solid scoring oppurtunities as none were really created for him. I was dissapointed not seeing what he can do with the ball when he's given the chance.

This is consistent with Samaras. He needs players to create chances for him because he's lazy, hence, surely you can see the logic of dropping him in favour of Salpi. Salpi isnt as talented but he works hard and makes things happen, whereas Samaras needs service, and in a team that doesnt create many chances the game can pass him by.
Sorry ,but teaching him a lesson is leaving him on the bench,so he can see that he must earn the spot.Dropping him for Lybe is out of my mind DUMB!

Lybe must be served an open net... thats it, call Mantzios,Gekas,God call my 6 year old son Michali (nice left foot).

My 11kada Nikopolidi,Seitaridis,Kyriakos,Dellas,Fyssas,Karagounis,Basinas,Katsouranis,Stelios,Amanatidis

Stelios plays the similar role as in Bolton.

Otto's 11kada: Nikopolidis Seitaridis,Dellas,Anatolakis,Fyssas,Stelios,Zagorakis,Katsouranis,Karagounis,Lybe,Charisteas

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad for the Moldova game:

Starting 11:

Nikopolidis

Seitaridis Kyrgiakos Dellas Fyssas

Kafes Stelios Katsouranis Lagos

Amanatidis Salpingidis

Bench: Goalkeeper: Chalkias

Defenders: Vintra, Anatolakis

Midfielders: Zagorakis, Karagounis, Basinas

Forwards: Charisteas, Papadopoulos, Lymberopoulos

- We need a new keeper! Someone who can judge the high ball and is consistent, I don't care if it's the under 21's keeper, just get Nikopolidis the hell out of there!

- The trio of midfielders on the bench should be removed from the National Team (whether sacked or retired) completely. They are old, don't get regular player time and are extremely slow.

- Charisteas should be removed from the National Team. He is old, unfit and out of form.

- The starting back 4 and the bench backs are good for the moment.

- The 4 midfielders starting are the best we've got in terms of youth, experiece, pace and regular playing time.

- The two up front are the two most in form Greek forwards at the moment. Amantidis and Salpingidis are scoring regualarly. Plus, they are the best we've got.

I watched the Chelsea vs. Man City yesterday and Samaras was subbed out for Dickov in the 56th min.

He really didn't have any solid scoring oppurtunities as none were really created for him. I was dissapointed not seeing what he can do with the ball when he's given the chance.

This is consistent with Samaras. He needs players to create chances for him because he's lazy, hence, surely you can see the logic of dropping him in favour of Salpi. Salpi isnt as talented but he works hard and makes things happen, whereas Samaras needs service, and in a team that doesnt create many chances the game can pass him by.
Sorry ,but teaching him a lesson is leaving him on the bench,so he can see that he must earn the spot.Dropping him for Lybe is out of my mind DUMB!

Lybe must be served an open net... thats it, call Mantzios,Gekas,God call my 6 year old son Michali (nice left foot).

My 11kada Nikopolidi,Seitaridis,Kyriakos,Dellas,Fyssas,Karagounis,Basinas,Katsouranis,Stelios,Amanatidis

Otto's 11kada: Nikopolidis Seitaridis,Dellas,Anatolakis,Fyssas,Stelios,Zagorakis,Katsouranis,Karagounis,Lybe,Charisteas

I understand where you're coming with that, but Lybe was one of the top scorers in the ethniki last season, and unlike Samaras or Charisteas, started and finished most of his matches with very little in the way of injury (naturally; you have to be working hard to get injured).

Everybody was hailing Samaras as some kind of new secret weapon, and let's be honest. The main problems (besides the geriatric preferences of herr Coachy) are the lack of productivity from the midfielders.

Strikers are cherry pickers, generally, so it's unfair to criticise them if they're not fed choice passes.

Charisteas has actually done well as a sub last season at Ajax, considering they only put him on in the last 10 minutes or so. So he's out of shape.

Basinas might be getting more playing time, and he's still a decent player, but Karagounis must go--what does it benefit a player to allow him to play like shyte in league play then automatically give him a NT spot? Ditto Kyriakos.

We've got no keepers, that's a sure bet. Otto will go with Nikopolidis because of the lack of options.

Do I think we'll qualify? Not with the present squad. On the other hand, put yourself in Otto's position--if they don't qualify with the oldsters, the whole team will be replaced anyway, including the coach. So we're looking at a whole different squad in the space of a year.

We're not going to have our most attacking player and our "captain"?

The total lack of planning or forward thinking on Otto's part might come back and bite US on the pisino!

Potential solutions to these problems should have been considered in advance. Seriously, the manager can't be defended anymore.

I'm not even going to bother watching this match (4:15am my time). If they manage to scrape a win all well and good, but Otto has jumped the shark.

Still my 11

------------Nikopolidis------------

Giorkas- Dellas-Kyrgiakos-Fyssas

---------Kats----Basinas-----------

-------------Karagouni------------

--Amantidis---------------Salp---

======Charisteas------------

2-0

Basinas and super-sub Lybe

Goalkeepers: Serghei Pascenco (Sheriff Tiraspol), Nicolae Calancea (Zimbru Chisinau), Denis Romanenco (Dynamo Makhachkala)

Defenders: Radu Rebeja (FK Moscow), Ghenadie Olexici (Amkar Perm), Valeriu Catinsus (Tom Tomsk), Ivan Testemitanu (Sibir Novosibirsk), Serghei Lascenkov (Ilichevets Mariupol)

Midfielders: Stanislav Ivanov (FK Moscow), Serghei Covalciuc (Spartak Moscow), Oleg Sischin (Tom Tomsk), Boris Cebotari (Zimbru Chisinau), Andrei Cornencov (Sheriff Tiraspol), Serghei Iepureanu (Kryvbas Kryviy Rih), Vadim Boret (Neftchi Baku), Victor Berco (FK Alma Ata)

Forwards: Serghei Dadu (CSKA Moscow), Serghei Clescenco (Sibir Novosibirsk), Serghei Rogaciov (Aktobe), Vadim Chirilov (Zarya Lugansk).

Anyone we should look out for?

If you could only choose one result, what would you choose:

a ) Hellas beat USA in the FIBA semi; or

b ) Hellas beat Moldova for UEFA 2008.

The basketball match is of way more significance as it is the penultimate match before the World Final (so to speak), but I will always be a football fan first.

Goodluck to the basket boys and we ALL know that we need something special from our underachieving footballers.

:gr:

If you could only choose one result, what would you choose:

a ) Hellas beat USA in the FIBA semi; or

b ) Hellas beat Moldova for UEFA 2008.

The basketball match is of way more significance as it is the penultimate match before the World Final (so to speak), but I will always be a football fan first.

Goodluck to the basket boys and we ALL know that we need something special from our underachieving footballers.

:gr:

Greece beat the USA so we choose a win against Moldova aswell. :gr:

My 11kada

With Stelios out Lagos should get in, Stleios is our LEFT side mid :huh: !

Nikopolidis

Seitaridis

Dellas

Kyriakos

Fyssas

Karagounis

Basinas

Katsouranis

Lagos

Amanatidis

Charisteas

I would kuv to replace Haristeas with Kafes, but Otto has not given Kafes any playing time.

Good luck to the boys!

Lybe deserves his call up dude. He can open up defences with a single pass.

Goalkeepers: Serghei Pascenco (Sheriff Tiraspol), Nicolae Calancea (Zimbru Chisinau), Denis Romanenco (Dynamo Makhachkala)

Defenders: Radu Rebeja (FK Moscow), Ghenadie Olexici (Amkar Perm), Valeriu Catinsus (Tom Tomsk), Ivan Testemitanu (Sibir Novosibirsk), Serghei Lascenkov (Ilichevets Mariupol)

Midfielders: Stanislav Ivanov (FK Moscow), Serghei Covalciuc (Spartak Moscow), Oleg Sischin (Tom Tomsk), Boris Cebotari (Zimbru Chisinau), Andrei Cornencov (Sheriff Tiraspol), Serghei Iepureanu (Kryvbas Kryviy Rih), Vadim Boret (Neftchi Baku), Victor Berco (FK Alma Ata)

Forwards: Serghei Dadu (CSKA Moscow), Serghei Clescenco (Sibir Novosibirsk), Serghei Rogaciov (Aktobe), Vadim Chirilov (Zarya Lugansk).

Anyone we should look out for?

Ivanov and Dadu are good players, no one else really. BUT Moldova are a hard-working unit so they'll close us down quickly. It will be tough!

Archived