Phantis Forums

Turkcell Super League 2006-07 Season

at the end of the first matchday of the season..

ANKARASPOR 1-1 GALATASARAY (Petrous'11 / Ilic'80)

FENERBAHCE 6-0 ERCIYESSPOR (Tuncay'15 - Alex'31, 74, 88 - Tumer' 76 - Hacioglu' 82)

MANISASPOR 1-0 BESIKTAS (Meduna'27)

KAYSERISPOR 1-0 TRABZONSPOR (Basdag Ragip'28)

KONYASPOR 1-1 SAKARYASPOR (Iordanov' 1 / M'Bayo' 87)

SIVASSPOR 1-2 GENCLERBIRLIGI (Kus Musa'21 / Hakki'32 o.g. - Cakir'89)

GAZIANTEPSPOR 1-1 DENIZLISPOR (Bekir'32 / Yusuf'54)

BURSASPOR 0-0 MKE ANKARAGUCU

ANTALYASPOR 0-0 CAYKUR RIZESPOR

Player of the Week: Alex de Souza -- Fenerbahce Posted Image

Team of the Week: Kayserispor -- dominated Trabzonspor from start to finish.. Posted Image

Kayserispor logo taken from kayseri.gov.tr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I´m looking for new in english about turkish football because some of my old heros are coaching in Turkey. Jean Tigana with Besiktas, Eric Gerets with Galatasaray, Zico with Fenerbahce and Walter Zenga with Gaziantepspor.

I also want to follow this league because you have some very good footballers in the league, both from abroad and turkish like Tuncay, Karan and Fatih.

Is there any webpage with info about the rounds, who where the best players, what the coaches said after the games and so on?

Could you tell me what teams are expected to win the league this season?

Also I would be interested to know what young turkish players have the potential to become the next big hits in Europe like Hakan Sukur was and Emre is maybe now?

with regards from Iceland

Hi

I´m looking for new in english about turkish football because some of my old heros are coaching in Turkey. Jean Tigana with Besiktas, Eric Gerets with Galatasaray, Zico with Fenerbahce and Walter Zenga with Gaziantepspor.

I also want to follow this league because you have some very good footballers in the league, both from abroad and turkish like Tuncay, Karan and Fatih.

Is there any webpage with info about the rounds, who where the best players, what the coaches said after the games and so on?

Could you tell me what teams are expected to win the league this season?

Also I would be interested to know what young turkish players have the potential to become the next big hits in Europe like Hakan Sukur was and Emre is maybe now?

with regards from Iceland

hi, mate.. Let me inform you about your questions..

first of all, do NOT rely any Turkish footy sites cause they are all crap, filled with transfer rumours that will never happen (Crespo to Fener, Ze Roberto to Besiktas..etc)..

among the footballers you counted, Fatih Tekke is now in Russia to play for Zenith St-Petersburg.. Tuncay has not really made what has been expected of him but is still a very good player.. Umit Karan is a top-class finisher as you can see it from some of the goals he scored last season..

Umit Karan vs Manisaspor!!!

Umit Karan vs Kayserispor!!!

I would say the main stars of the league are Hakan Sukur, Umit Karan, Sasa Ilic, Rigobert Song of Galatasaray, Kleberson, Matias Delgado of Besiktas, Alex, Appiah, Nic Anelka of Fenerbahce, Marcelinho and Gokdeniz of Trabzonspor, Lukasz Zelenka of Manisaspor and Gokhan Unal of Kayserispor...

The guys that could make the difference is the future are Aydin, Ozgurcan, Ugur Ucar, Ferhat of Galatasaray, Can Arat, Kerim Zengin of Fenerbahce, Ufukhan, Ergin Keles and Cem Demir of Trabzonspor, Kurtulus Serdar, Burak Yilmaz and Gulec Gokhan of Besiktas, Promise Isaac and Mehmet Cakir of Genclerbirligi, Sezer Ozturk and Sammy Caliskan of Vestel Manisaspor..

I may give detailed information about the teams, players, coaches you would like to know better..

Monthly Fixtures of Turkcell Super League..

Ok tell me eg. next round in the turkish league is played next weekend. Fenerbahce started with a good win while Galatasaray made a draw and missed two penalties.

Beşiktaş JK İstanbul vs. Gaziantepspor K

Will this be an easy win for Besiktas?

ÇAYKUR Rize SKD vs. Sivasspor K

? I don´t know nothing about these teams.

Denizlispor K vs. Konyaspor K

I don´t know nothing about these teams.

Galatasaray SKD İstanbul vs. Kayserispor K

Will Gala win this match easily or will Gokhan Unal (the star) win the game for them?

Gençlerbirliği SK Ankara vs. Fenerbahçe SK İstanbul

Will this be a formality for Fener? Can Promise Isaac and Mehemet Cakir do anything?

Kayseri Erciyesspor K vs. Bursaspor K

Don´t know anything.

MKE Ankaragücü SK vs. Ankaraspor K

Don´t have a clue.

Sakaryaspor AŞ Adapazarı vs. Antalyaspor SFTSAŞ

Same here... not a clue.

Trabzonspor Kvs. VESTEL Manisa SK

Will Godkeniz, Marcelinho, Ergin Keles and Cem Demir be enough against the young stars Sammy Caliskan and Sezer Ozturk?

You do think these mathes will go?

Fenerbahce-Genclerbirligi..

Fener has offensive potential but Gencler is a very young and able team.. Fener may get a win but a draw will not surprise me. Gencler is way ahead of Erciyesspor..

Galatasaray-Kayserispor..

A very difficult game for Galatasaray.. Kayserispor is the team that is playing red hot football at the moment.. Their players are surely not as capable as ours but they're at their 110 % right now any result is possible in this match-up..

Besiktas-Gaziantepspor..

After winning the SUPER CUP over Galatasaray, Besiktas was horrible against Manisaspor.. Gaziantepspor is a shadow of their past though and I think Besiktas will win this game in handicap (2-0 at least)..

Trabzonspor-Manisaspor..

Trabzonspor are still searching their right formation and this may make things a bit more difficult.. Conquerors of Besiktas last week, Manisaspor may get a surprise draw at Avni Aker Stadium..

Rizespor-Sivasspor..

Rizespor were lucky to get the goalless draw away at Antalyaspor last week as their keeper Zdravkov made some 15 saves.. A draw is a big possibility for this match.. Both Rize and Sivas have goal scoring problems..

Sakaryaspor-Antalyaspor A.S...

Both teams are newly promoted and both have Colombian NT goalkeepers.. Antalyaspor has made some clever foreign moves as they inked Oscar Cordoba and Maynor Suazo and they were unlucky not to beat Rizespor last week in a game they dominated.. Sakaryaspor looked quite good against Konyaspor but they have a counterattack team which makes things difficult at home.. My guess is 1-2 for Antalyaspor..

Erciyesspor-Bursaspor..

Both teams can be relegation favourites after watching their first game.. This may change though.. Erciyesspor may get a win by virtue of their super striking trio (Cenk Isler - Viktor Agali - Radomir Djalovic)...

MKE Ankaragucu-Ankaraspor..

A capital derby as despite getting the results they wisehd for, both teams were quite disappointing in the first week.. Ankaragucu looked a bit more ready in the first week and I think they will get the win.. They will have a full stadium of fans behind..

Denizlispor-Konyaspor A.S...

Konyaspor must be the favourites for this one as Denizlispor's turmoil continues.. Alexandr Iordanov of Konyaspor is a quality striker and can become the deciding figure of the game..

about players..

Nuri Sahin is a Dortmund Youth Academy crop and has Turkish citizenship.. He's firmly established a NT place for himself despite his very young age.. I rate him as the second biggest prospect in Europe after Messi..

Tevfik Kose was playing at Regionalliga in Germany before making his mark in the European U-17 Championship in 2005.. He's a good striker for his age but he needs to work on his dribbling..

Mevlut Erding right sided attacker.. Another German-based Turkish player.. He was a liability at this year's U-19 Championship in Poland..

Aksu Cafercan is a Galatasaray player who's currently on loan at Istanbul Buyuksehir Bld.Spor in Turkish League A (Second Division).. He is a technical dribbler who is quite slow for his age.. He has potential to become the new Hasan Sas but he's not made a good deal last year..

Ali Ozturk is a crop of Besiktas Youth Acedemy and he was signed by Genclerbirligi in 2004.. He spent last year on loan at Mardinspor but I do not know where he's now..

Cheers.. ;)

Matchday 2

BEŞIKTAŞ-GAZIANTEPSPOR: 2-1 (Bobo'43-59 / Bayraktar'82)

GALATASARAY-KAYSERISPOR: 4-0 (Arda'43 Ilic'49-66 Cihan'70)

TRABZONSPOR-MANISASPOR: 1-1 (Umut'32 / Meduna'11)

G. BIRLIGI-FENERBAHCE: 0-2 (Tuncay'36 Alex'40)

ANKARAGUCU-ANKARASPOR: 1-1 (Bayrak'50 / Devran'40)

DENIZLISPOR-KONYASPOR: 0-1 (Ahmed Belal'26)

ERCIYESSPOR-BURSASPOR: 2-1 (Ozbay'33 Isler'66 / Burak Akdis'37)

SAKARYASPOR-ANTALYASPOR: 0-0

CAYKUR RIZESPOR-SIVASSPOR: 1-1 (Cem Baki'89 / Musa'20)

Players of the Week: Arda Turan & S. Ilic (Galatasaray) Posted ImagePosted Image :nw:

Team of the Week: Galatasaray Posted Image :nw:

Besiktas-Gaziantepspor.. A dominant display by the Blackeagles until the last ten minutes.. Burak Yilmaz on the right wing and the striker Bobo were pretty impressive however the signing from Fenerbahce, Marcio Nobre was sent off in 90+2 minutes. He's handed a two game suspension.

Galatasaray-Kayserispor.. It was an even game until 44' when Galatasaray's wonderkid Arda gave young Lions the lead. Sasa Ilic had a "Hagi-like" game in the second half and the result was a comfortable 4-0.

G. Birligi-Fenerbahce.. The Ankara team looked far from convincing as Fenerbahce dominated them thruout the game. Tumer made two assists..

Trabzonspor-Manisaspor.. A very lively game as both teams had galore of chances.. Filip Holosko, the wing forward of Manisaspor was the man of the match as he had three shots saved by Trabzonspor goalkeeper Zengin and hit the post on 88'. Marcelinho was a non-factor surprisingly as he missed a very crucial chance with a minute in the added time. The ref was a liability as he didn't award a clear penalty when Yattara was pulled down by Borbiconi..

I didn't see the rest of the games so I can't possibly comment!! :whistle:

Vestel Manisaspor-Galatasaray SK:2-2..

who cares about the damn scoreline.. Manisaspor striker Michal Meduna fainted on 81' and was immediately sent to hospital.. he had a heart spasm and it was prevented before it could trigger a heart attack.. the Czech player's future in football is yet to be clear..

stupid TFF, I hope you got your lesson.. :angry:

Former Kocaelispor player, chantboy and a good pal, Gokmen Yildiran passed away 2 weeks ago.. Selimiyespor's 15-year-old goalie passed away during training 5 days ago and Meduna came back off the crossbar!!!

Leagues in Italy start in September, Greece late August, Spain late August and our country having an equal or even worse --in terms of the temperature and humidity-- climate starts at August 4... BE PROUD OF YOUR WORK OF ART!!! :angry:

Hi thanks again for these info... it is very nice that I can follow the turkish league now. I am trying to find any TV stations to see the games live but is hard to come by in Iceland and Denmark.

Now they are playing this evening full round.

Who are playing and how did it go?

thanks

Matchday 3

Turkey - Super Lig

20:00 Bursaspor ? - ? Genclerbirligi

20:00 Gaziantepspor ? - ? Trabzonspor

20:00 Kayserispor ? - ? Ankaragucu

20:00 Konyaspor ? - ? Antalyaspor

20:00 Sivasspor ? - ? Sakaryaspor

Are not these the games that are tonight?

Matchday 3

Turkey - Super Lig

20:00 Bursaspor ? - ? Genclerbirligi

20:00 Gaziantepspor ? - ? Trabzonspor

20:00 Kayserispor ? - ? Ankaragucu

20:00 Konyaspor ? - ? Antalyaspor

20:00 Sivasspor ? - ? Sakaryaspor

Are not these the games that are tonight?

the games are at half time and the scores are..

BURSASPOR-GENCLERBIRLIGI: 0-0

GAZIANTEPSPOR-TRABZONSPOR: 1-0 (Mehmet Cogum'26)

KAYSERISPOR-MKE ANKARAGUCU: 0-1 (Tita'35)

KONYASPOR-ANTALYASPOR: 0-0

SIVASSPOR-SAKARYASPOR: 0-1 (Savaş' 43)

;)

who cares about the damn scoreline.. Manisaspor striker Michal Meduna fainted on 81' and was immediately sent to hospital.. he had a heart spasm and it was prevented before it could trigger a heart attack.. the Czech player's future in football is yet to be clear..

and now it is clear... he won't be able to play pro-football.. ever.. again.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

stupid TFF, I hope you got your lesson.. :angry:

Former Kocaelispor player, chantboy and a good pal, Gokmen Yildiran passed away 2 weeks ago.. Selimiyespor's 15-year-old goalie passed away during training 5 days ago and Meduna came back off the crossbar!!!

Leagues in Italy start in September, Greece late August, Spain late August and our country having an equal or even worse --in terms of the temperature and humidity-- climate starts at August 4... BE PROUD OF YOUR WORK OF ART!!! :angry:

I have to agree 100%

August 4th is lethal. Turkey is a warm place....the league should not start that early. If you were Switzerland, North Europe yeah...Summer...pretty crazy

I havent been to Turkey in the summer, i think Constantinople-Istanbul is maybe cooler because of the sea breeze (at least Besiktas is close to water) as well as Trabzon, Denizli...maybe not so bad.....but im sure its pretty damn hot. Especially in Adana, Gaziantep etc its basically the middle east....youre crazy to play so early.

good luck to the poor Czech guy....Turk FA should be half intelligent and start like the rest of the insanely hot countries in Europe like Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal...Especially when some teams are playing all the way down in GaziAntep isnt that like a desert???

- Manisa.. 34 degrees centigrade.. 68 % humidity.. Meduna hit the crossbar and came back to the field.. luckily..

- Gaziantep.. 33 degrees centigrade.. 75 % humidity.. both Trabzon and Antep players were in serious trouble even while breathing..

- Izmir.. 35 degrees centigrade.. 65 % humidity.. Denizlispor-Besiktas game still in progress..

WHOEVER IDIOT THAT PREPARED THIS FIXTURE AS HE RECKONED US LIKE NORWAY.. F*** YOU!!! :( :angry: :angry: :(

Denizlispor is not from Izmir.. They were handed a ban because of last season's last game (vs Fenerbahce.. the unforgettable 1-1 draw :tup: ).. Izmir still has no teams in the Superleague.. :huh:

DENIZLISPOR-BESIKTAS: 0-2 (Zan Gokhan'5 Delgado'89)

SIVASSPOR-SAKARYASPOR: 0-2 (Savaş'42 Franco Cangele'83)

BURSASPOR-GENCLERBIRLIGI: 0-0

GAZIANTEPSPOR-TRABZONSPOR: 2-1 (Cogum'26 Gokdeniz'67 Oztonga'76)

KAYSERISPOR-MKE ANKARAGUCU: 2-1 (Tita'36 Leo Iglesias'48 Gokhan Unal'88)

KONYASPOR-ANTALYASPOR A.S.: 0-0

VESTEL MANISASPOR-GALATASARAY: 2-2 (S.Inan'11 Balta'49 Necati'70 Ilic'86)

FENERBAHCE-RIZESPOR: 2-1 (Alex'45 ---a clear foul on keeper Zdravkov but as we all know it's not the keepers that cannot be touched in the six-yard box, it's the FeBe pricks :angry: --- Tumer'64 Baki'78)

ANKARASPOR-ERCIYESSPOR: 2-2 (Timucin'43 Devran'45 Petrous'76 Toraman Emre'80)

I do not want to add anything.. Two pens of Galatasaray weren't given.. Alex's goal was a clear foul but it's normal (read a few lines above)..

GET WELL SOON, MEDUNA!! :nw:

Denizlispor is from Smyrna (Izmir?) ???

i always thought they had no teams in the frist division...for such a big city would have been wierd. that makes sense i guess.

No, it is a different city but not far away from Izmir. And yes u are right there is no team from Izmir, actually they are famous with their hot chicks not football :D

In Turkey "spor" is something they add after the name of their city. So they are all different cities with the name in front...

For example---->>>Denizlispor= Denizli

Bursaspor=Bursa

Malatyaspor=Malatya and many others...All cities has team with the starting with their name and end with spor ;)

Thanks GS1905.

How is Meduna doing by the way?

he's fine.. his condition is not critical now and not life-threatening.. :) his footballing career was said to be over but now they say if the player wants, a surgical operation can be done to take him back to the field.. :) will take at least a year though.. :huh:

Archived