Phantis Forums

The Goumenos saga

Ziaka

Goumenos, or "G/\mimenos" as his family call him needs to do the right thing by the club and get out.

PAOK's name is mud. Not just in Greece, but also to those who give a damn around the world.

The club will take years before they regain the confidence of the ordinary fans and sponsors, potential players etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goumenos and PAOK somehow managed to make a deal with Fringer in which he will accept a payment in 3 equal amounts. Allready PAOK paid him 35,000, and in th enext 3 months will pay him the rest. As a result of this FIF will drop the hearing on the matter, which would have resulted in 3 point deduction for every game that PAOK would play from now on.

He is far from done with PAOK!!!

Giannis Goumenos and the rest of the PAE PAOK board just resigned from their duties. Goumenos and Pagonis still remain the majority shareholders of PAE PAOK!!! Knowing what kind of a snake Goumenos is, he will try tooth and nails to remain part of PAOK in some capacity as long as he does not receive any guarantees that he will not be criminally prosecuted for the debts.

It is now up to A.S. PAOK to form a "Dioikisi Protodikiou", which is a temporary solution. Don't forget that Goumenos and Co. ran PAOK the same way when they first took over from Batatoudis. Only later did they managed to acquire the majority of shares.

The first actions of the new temporary board will be to find money to pay of Fringer in order not to be punished by FIFA with points deductions from the league. The additional problems that need to be taken care of is to secure money to pay of money owed to ex-players, coaches. A.S. PAOK hopes that several businessmen will provide some financial help during this time.

What about all the singers??? Karras, Terzis, Theodoridou etc. Why are they not giving money??? They have money to waste so why are they not giving any whatsoever?

Maybe they re not PAOK fans.. I dont know about Karras and Theodoridou (shes my favourite Greek singer by the way), but I saw an interview with Terzi a few years ago and I think he said he supports Iraklis

The next few days are critical for PAOK.

Here is where we stand as far as I understand things:

- Goumenos, seeing that he has no support from anybody is playing his last card by announcing that he (and his board at PAE PAOK) are offering their resignation to A.S. PAOK (the amateur side of PAOK that by law owes 10% of PAE PAOK). Goumenos is only offering his resignation, not the shares of PAE PAOK!!!

- The hot potato now is io A.S. PAOK's (Katsaris) hands. They can accept the resignation and go to the courts in order to set up a provisional PAE PAOK board (Dioikisi Protodikiou). The court will set a time limit for this provosional board. Once that happes A.S. PAOK needs to take care of the most pressing issues (paying off Fringer, ex-players, ex-coaches, etc.) in order not to lose the Superleague licence and possible points deductions ordered by FIFA. The immidiate cash needed is in the area of 500,000 Euro.

- The next thing that the provisional board needs to do is to raise the PAE PAOK operating budget in order to operate as business by law. The sum needed is 6.2 million Euro. If the provisional board finds people that are willing to pay this sum, then the 76% majority shares that Goumenos owes will shrink to 25% and he will no longer be the owner of PAOK. If that does not happen, Goumenos still owes the team, and as a result of failing to increase the operating budget, PAE PAOK is declared bankrupt and the team is relegated to D' Division. If that happens all the debts are erased, and Goumenos can't be legaly prosecuted.

Like I said the next few days are very critical for PAOK. In my opinion there three possible scenarios.

- We will get rid of Goumenos for good.

- Goumenos remains in charge and the team will operate with uncertain future on day by day basis.

- Goumenos goes down and the team falls to D' Division.

Archived