Phantis Forums

Anything Panathinaikos related things in the US?

XXX-18T

Heading to OC for a friends wedding and will be checking out Las Vegas and New York.

Any Pao fan clubs in the states?

Any soccer shops worth while visiting?

Anything Greek i can go check out?

PALEFIP USA (Panamerican Fan Club of Panathinaikos), New York, 32 10 Ave 2ND Flr, 11103, ASTORIA, NEW YORK, USA

I dont have any contact details but maybe you can email the Palefip Head Office in Athens

EMAIL

mail@palefip.gr

or call

go to Astoria in New York its in Queens...

i hear it really is amazing.....and PALEFIP is there...

my family just visited there and said the restaurants they ate at were just as good as in Greece- even the meat! (US meat just isnt the same) and not expensive too! And this coming from stubborn people epecially when it comes to Greek food in America...(which at least where i am in USA, is an utter disgrace)

soccer shops here dont really exist that i have seen.....only a good catalog/online service

my family just visited there and said the restaurants they ate at were just as good as in Greece- even the meat! (US meat just isnt the same) and not expensive too! And this coming from stubborn people epecially when it comes to Greek food in America...(which at least where i am in USA, is an utter disgrace)

soccer shops here dont really exist that i have seen.....only a good catalog/online service

Queens hey.....

Ill check it out is it safe?

I thought Queens was the place to be if you want to marry a girl to meet the family in Zamounda :LOL:

Queens hey.....

I thought Queens was the place to be if you want to marry a girl to meet the family in Zamounda :LOL:

Yeah, grow an afro and then you meet Darryl who'll sell you some "Soul Glow" :LOL:

:LOL: :nw:

exactly right!!!

yes it is very safe. Queens is a big area and Astoria is the north part of it, its mostly Greek and Puerto Rican...

the bad areas are mostly outside of queens like Harlem, Bronx, Brooklyn...

what would be the best way to get there?

Subway:

Take the N line train and get out at the end of the line, Long Island City station, Ditmars Blvd., or near Broadway and 31st street.

are there bouzoukia there?

I never liked Greek bouzouki music myself, but there are many Greek clubs, and Tavernas on Broadway Ave.

After Melbourne, Astoria is one of the largest Greek communities outside of Greece. Chicago has a Greek town, and Florida has Tarpon Springs.

This small town near Tampa, was found by "sponge divers", "sfougarades", from Kalymnos.

It is VERY Greek and they have great Gyros...which they advertise as "the Greek answer to McDonald's" :LOL:

Astoria is so Greek, the ATMs have a Greek language option :gr:

Enjoy your trip.

PEACE

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from my trip unfortunately ran out of time to go to Astoria.

Good thing was i met a few celebrities that i got pics and auto graphs with:

Snoop Dogg

Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)

Lebron James (Cleveland Cavs)

Dijon Thompson (Pheonix Suns)

Randy Coutre (Ultimate Fighter)

I went to a Mitilinian restaurant in NY called Molyvos for that taste of Mitilini. After 3 weeks of eating fast food and mexican food it was awesome.

If anyone wants to see pics of the guys i met let me know and ill post them

that sounds awesome re.... you met Snoop Dog??????? you lucky SOB...how the hell do you pull all that off??? u should post pics...are you sure it wasnt just a random black guy with cornrows cuz everybody has them here :LOL:

only celebrity ive met is the whore of babylon Barbara Bush... :tdown:

that sounds awesome re.... you met Snoop Dog??????? you lucky SOB...how the hell do you pull all that off??? u should post pics...are you sure it wasnt just a random black guy with cornrows cuz everybody has them here :LOL:

only celebrity ive met is the whore of babylon Barbara Bush... :tdown:

ok heres a few:

this i found funny:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Archived