Phantis Forums

Bitter Portugal Fans!

plato-ny

I simply CAN NOT believe you hate this player.. He got a couple of dives that's true but wut about HENRY the CHOKER?? I really doubt if the same incident occured at France area the ref would give the very same decision..

Ronaldo and Miguel have had a great tournament but equally Figo and Valente were horrible down the left..

anyway, enjoy watching those two shambolic teams in the final... :huh:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Germans destroy the "Pretty Boys" for 3rd position they can go back to Lisbon and watch the EURO 2004 highlights and see how the :gr: EURO champions :gr: outclassed the frogs :P

Portugal is an offensive team :LOL: :LOL:

1 goal in the last 300 minutes :whistle: and only 6 in the entire tournoument :LOL:

ELLAS scored 7 goals in 6 matches BUT the difference is that we went home with the CUP :tup:

When a team is 1-0 down from the 33rd minute mark and they continue playing only with 1 striker until the 80th minute that shows they have no balls to attack.

Sooknaldos dive 9.9/10 :LOL: :LOL:

:gr: ELLAS ELLAS ELLAS ELLAS ELLAS :gr:

It depends on which side of the fence you're sitting.

I'm not saying I personally hate him. I really don't care much about him. But yes, he was a diving clown. So, I think the references to diving are funny. If you think you can find diving cartoons and pictures of Henry as well, then... you are invited to entertain us. I'll probably laugh at them too!

Love this one  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

Posted Image

Priceless!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :tup:

What LOSERS!!! Well FINALLY they got what they deserved- :box: , the knockout punch!

NEXT...

How about going back to what you do best Portugaz- Fishing!

Now bring me a nice backala, baked sounds good, with some potatoes. :D :LOL:

Ronaldo, where did they find this clown?! All the gayboy did was fall down, if he spent half as much time using his brain trying to find a way to score a goal as opposed to finding ways of getting a penalty then maybe they would be still in the tournament. What a waste, don't let the door smack you on the way out- lest you start balling your eyes out again :LOL:

Auf Wiedersehen Portugaz :1eye:

ALLEZ LES BLUES!!! Time to take out the Corrupt Italians next!

ELLAS NO.1! :gr:

I like Ronaldo! Diving is part of the game. Stelios dives, we all love him. The English, whose media have started the Ronaldo hate campiagn, and who take such a moral high-ground by saying "foreigners are divers", weren't complaining when Beckham dived against Greece, or Owens dive against Argentina, how about Gerrards constant diving??? Its a shame that conning the ref is so common but dont judge him as a person because he does it. The pictures are funny but so many here hate Portugal because of a couple of football related banners, or because Ronaldo is cheeky. Dont forget how welcoming and friendly they were even in defeat at Euro 2004. There are other nations which really do attack us in damaging ways and many here love them, and you let Ronaldo cause hatred? :huh: I for one am disappointed Portugal are out, I hope they do well again at Euro 2008.

I like Ronaldo! Diving is part of the game. Stelios dives, we all love him. The English, whose media have started the Ronaldo hate campiagn, and who take such a moral high-ground by saying "foreigners are divers", weren't complaining when Beckham dived against Greece, or Owens dive against Argentina, how about Gerrards constant diving??? Its a shame that conning the ref is so common but dont judge him as a person because he does it. The pictures are funny but so many here hate Portugal because of a couple of football related banners, or because Ronaldo is cheeky. Dont forget how welcoming and friendly they were even in defeat at Euro 2004. There are other nations which really do attack us in damaging ways and many here love them, and you let Ronaldo cause hatred? :huh: I for one am disappointed Portugal are out, I hope they do well again at Euro 2008.

someone objective on Ronaldo and Portugal at last.. :smartass:

and let me remind you, the campaign against Ronaldo in Britshitland has called the memories of the very same campaign against Alpay after the Turkey v England EURO qualifier in 2003.. The boy could only find a club in Korea afterall.. :LOL:

The Britshit media is arrogant and it's well deserved that their holy crap team was ousted early..

diving is not part of the game!!!!

an OSFP fan says that....do you know what its like to be marking someone and have them dive on you earning a foul like a bitch???? its disgraceful!!!!! its infuriating and insulting.

turk of course theres bias on Ronaldo.....hes a talented player.....but objectively he is that and he is a crying, diving, arrogant little bitch. Dont get me wrong hes very talented too.

ethnikitsis-----Gerrard is another one of the worlds notorious divers im glad im not the only one who sees this.....he really disgusts me. Especially when he called out and spoke against diving publically a few months ago. What a peice of s%$#! person.

but Owen vs Argentina in 2002 was definitly not a dive man his legs were clean clipped...that was a 100% penalty...come on even u can admit that..

Diving is part of the game.

Really? Wow !.... I feel sorry for my ignorance! If that is the case, then I agree. Ronaldo IS ONE OF THE BEST. He certainly has elevated diving into an artform! Again my apologies.

turk of course theres bias on Ronaldo.....hes a talented player.....

The only objective evaluation of "talent" is his market value. On a subjective level, I don't place him among the best. Not even close. Maybe one day, when he matures. He is promising, but not as good right now. But then again, as I said before, if the market places a high price tag on him, that's all that matters.

Lazarus stop stalking me!!! When I say diving is part of the game I dont mean its a skill or a team should train at it, I dont condone it, hence, my criticism of others. All I'm saying is that it happens frequently, its part of the game of football. To hate Ronaldo or Portugal because of it is ridiculous.

The only objective evaluation of "talent" is his market value. On a subjective level, I don't place him among the best. Not even close. Maybe one day, when he matures. He is promising, but not the as good right now. But then again, as I said before, if the market places a high price tag on him, that's all that matters.

hmmm, that explains why you have an American Football logo as your symbol, maybe you should stick to analysing that game for your own sake.

Drakos - re file you are kidding right? Even the English commentators admitted it was a dive, and thats saying something. Anyway, that one incident is irrelevant, as you say look at the hypocrisy of Gerrard. Do the English have any right to attack Ronaldo for diving when they condone what Gerrard does? Do Greeks have a right when Stelios & Karagounis are among the worst divers and never criticised?? It happens in football!

Guys, from a footballers perspective, he's paid thousands each week to win not to play fairly and lose! For Portugal he has the weight of a nation on his shoulders. Let me put it to you another way. If Greece need a point against Turkey to qualify for EURO 2008, and we are one nil down, and Stelio dives in the 90th min to win a penalty and send us threw would you complain to UEFA? Or if you were a player would you run to the ref and say "no ref my teammate dived! For the good of the game please dont give the penalty and send us threw!"?

As for judging their humanity lets take Rivaldo for example. Remember the incident by the corner flag when he got the Turk sent off in the world cup? that was cheating, but he's always got time for his fans, he's polite and helps charities. So how do you judge him? Is he a bad person because he 'dived'? Lay off Ronaldo, the dude is only doing his job, trying everything to win!

Start with this: very talented player, would love someone with his skill on our ethniki

Now the rest:

He is a true m**** - and his latest antics show why.

We all know what happened but a quick rehash as I saw it:

Rooney commits the foul - the ref is 1 foot away - ready to give him a red- then little bebaki jumps in and starts crying - red card is given - then he slyly walks over to the bench and winks.

Two things to be taken from this:

1. He is a complete loser - no doubt - only a loser or a posterin walks over during a game and tries to get a competitor thrown out for something that is not worthy of a red. I think it was a red, but Renaldo must not have otherwise why so happy when his Man U TEAMATE gets tossed-

which brings me to #2

2. The reason Greg Louganis Jr is so hated is becuase he is such a prima donna and so self centred - he really thinks that the mighty and great Renaldo smoothed talked the ref in throwing out a player in a quarterfinal match of the world cup.

Same goes for the crying - you are one of 11 (or 23 including the bench) - on the pitch - but it effects you so much when you lose that you cry - what about if we all cried - and don't start with how passionate he is and how much he wants to win - that is a slap to all the MEN who play the game - he is obviously a bitch, we all see it and we all hate his m*****es :gr:

Ethnikistis,

Last time I checked we still had freedom of speech, so why don't you lay off! We can express our views about whatever we want, you might not agree (that is your riight) but that is what people do on a message board- express their views!

Who are you anyway, Ronaldo's right hand man, sounds like your taking it personally or something. Relax file! :blink:

No one knows the guy personally but that doesn't me we can't comment on what we see on the field and as most have pointed out they DON"T LIKE what they see on the field. This loser you are defending doesn't even know how to dive properly. Check out the replays from yesterday's games. He lunges 5 feet forward when a French player get's near him, I mean come on- get a brain man! Did he seriously think the ref would call a penalty on any of those 'dives'?! Thankfully he didn't.

Loup was correct on all points made, he may be a talented football player but like Rooney he is short a few dozen brain cells that make him a liability more than an asset, IMO. Someone needs to straighten him out mentally then maybe I will re-think giving him some respect. He's acting like a spoiled brat, rich bitch, which is probably what he is. I personally would be embarassed to have him on the ethniki, thank GOD he is not Greek.

Enough of this Portugaz crap, let's focus on our boys and the upcoming qualifying campaign (that is if the ban is lifted ;) )

:gr:

"We played well and did our best but the referee didn't help us," said the Manchester United player.

"Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair."

"He should have shown yellow cards but he did not because Portugal is a small country."

"We just have to carry on working and then we will be a big country."

"Portugal showed that they can play good football," added Ronaldo. "France were no better than we were. They got a penalty but not much else."

WOW!! :o What an arrogant little Bi*ch. I can't believe he actually said all those things. That's the true definition of a sore loser. :tdown:

haha..10/10 for the malak*a...

...ronaldo is a good player boys, but he blatantly dives..without any contact and that is urely unaccpetable..listen, i think everyne needs a bit of an explanation...i dont know why i alway pick out your comments ethnikists, but please dont take offense, i am not trying to attack you personally in any way, it really is nothing personal.now with that out of the way i say this to..i agree with somethings you are saying, but there is a different between blatantly diving, like what ronaldo does, and drawing a foul/exaggerating a tackle..ronaldo falls to the ground with little if no contact whatsoever...when you talk about stelios and karagounis fdiving, it is a bit different...karaounis does do alittle theatro, but he exagerated tackles and rarely every flat out dives..he puts himself in the postion to be fouled..he is a small guy, like stelios and when he falls, there is almost always contact..maybe less contact then usual, but he does not usually flat out fall like ronaldo..there are also many times you se in football where a player appeals for a foul or falls in order to show the refs they are being slightly fouled...this happends alot with shirt pulling..a player feels someone tuggling him, knows the ref will not see and falls..this in my opinion is not diving like ronaldo dives..sometimes in order to show you are being fouled, even slightly, you fall and appeal..now im not makin g excses for anyone but portugal put on a clinic vs france that should be inclucded in the olympics..they were just falling with no contact whatsoever...i saw pauleta and ronaldo fall with no contact at all..it reminded m of watching olympaikos for god sakes(haha joke, dont be offended..) the penatly appeal for portugal was rediculous..ronaldo went for a diving header, felt a defneders hand on his back without any conact, missed the header, dove, then put his arms up like he was pushed when he blatanlty just could not reach the header...

in my opinion that is unacceptable...ok, a player dives or overreactes every now and then..in my opinion that is ok..it happends..it is part of the game in these days but when you see the same players and teams falling left and right every two seconds to try to gain the upper hand, that is not alright..a player can feel a slight foul and fall, ok, but if there is no contact whatsoever and it happends 100 times in a game or as often as when ronaldo touches the ball or portugal plays..thats just not right...

even my portugese friends say "we might have lost, but we will definitly win the gold medal in diving in the next olympics"

Ethnikistis,

Last time I checked we still had freedom of speech, so why don't you lay off! We can express our views about whatever we want, you might not agree (that is your riight) but that is what people do on a message board- express their views!

Who are you anyway, Ronaldo's right hand man, sounds like your taking it personally or something. Relax file! :blink:

No one knows the guy personally but that doesn't me we can't comment on what we see on the field and as most have pointed out they DON"T LIKE what they see on the field. This loser you are defending doesn't even know how to dive properly. Check out the replays from yesterday's games. He lunges 5 feet forward when a French player get's near him, I mean come on- get a brain man! Did he seriously think the ref would call a penalty on any of those 'dives'?! Thankfully he didn't.

Loup was correct on all points made, he may be a talented football player but like Rooney he is short a few dozen brain cells that make him a liability more than an asset, IMO. Someone needs to straighten him out mentally then maybe I will re-think giving him some respect. He's acting like a spoiled brat, rich bitch, which is probably what he is. I personally would be embarassed to have him on the ethniki, thank GOD he is not Greek.

Enough of this Portugaz crap, let's focus on our boys and the upcoming qualifying campaign (that is if the ban is lifted ;) )

:gr:

Taking it personally??? Preventing people from having an opinion??? No on both counts, I'm just wondering why Greek fans have such a negative view of the dude when there are Greek equivalents who we all love. Why Ronaldo is all I'm saying? I'll tell you why, because you buy into the British hate campaign against him like a sheep.

I couldnt care less about Ronaldo and his antics, so he smiled when he got Rooney sent off... so what??? GOOD! Shrek should concentrate that pathetic example of a brain on learning to control that temper. You want me to hate Ronaldo for protesting that someone stamped on his team mates balls??? Dont think so! Now he's going to Real Madrid I hope they draw Man Utd and he gets Rooney sent off again just before diving to win a penalty against them which knocks them out in the group stages once more! FORCA RONALDO!! :nw:

Portugal scored 3 goals in 4 knockout matches lasting 390 minutes and then they make fun of our offense in Euro 2004. Well, it should 2 goals, since the goal Petit of Portugal scored in the Germany game went in the wrong net...LOL.

Archived