Phantis Forums

Bitter Portugal Fans!

plato-ny

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after a performance like that I hide if I were portuguese. And I thought Turkey had discplinary problems. They set a new record of bookings with holland. Most pathetic performance in the world cup, the italy-us game was pretty bad but this just topped it off. I'm not saying this just because I'm greek but just becuase that was a god awful performance, both teams just went to murder each other so much for fair play.

Its interesting that Portugal accuses Greece of the "1-0" scheme in winning the last 3 games at Euro 2004 yet Portugal, in 4 matches, have won 2 of them using the "1-0" scheme: the game against Angola and a new method of "Portuguese defense" by slaughtering the other team (Holland).

Well after a performance like that I hide if I were portuguese. And I thought Turkey had discplinary problems. They set a new record of bookings with holland. Most pathetic performance in the world cup, the italy-us game was pretty bad but this just topped it off. I'm not saying this just because I'm greek but just becuase that was a god awful performance, both teams just went to murder each other so much for fair play.

They played that way because the flashbacks of Euro 2004 began when they realized that Holland was the last team they beat before losing in the Euro 2004 final to Greece and they became suddenly angry...

One thing i saw during the game was that Ronaldo thinks that he is the only player out there that can win the game. When he was taken off the tears again started to flow. Where was the confidence that his teammates would carry out the win. It appears in his play and his tears.

Ranking FIFA

Posted Image

Posted Image

where are you guys?? i can't see... maybe group "I"....

Posted Image

Defensive football??? G O H O M E!!!

A Janela uma bandeira, no relvado uma naCAo inteira - FORcA PORTUGAL!

Congrats on beating Holland today

but again this game was just not one that shouldn't have been played with all the idiots on the field

but a win is a win

i also did see Portugal play some defensive football

i mean Portugal didn't light up the score board

i mean u guys did win 1-0 lol

anywayz on the Fifa Rankings who can stick that up where the sun don't shine

it just doesn't count

plus the next game when u play England u will go home not b/c England is that good just b/c Deco and Costinha will be out of the next fixture

and when Portugal comes home with no silverware

the Greeks can always go one to the Euro cup

and do remember Portugal played Greece 3 times in a 10 month span

and failed to get a victory

we played Portugal in a friendly in September of 2003 to a draw in the first game of a newly renovated stadium

then off course we beat u guys in Portugal twice

i'd like to see the Portugese make the trip to Greece

how about that for a change

This argument really makes me sad

And I think that a banner by 4 or 5 people who cannot understand a single thing about football shouldnt create such rivalries!

In fact, the portuguese staged one of the best tournaments in history!

They stayed in and applauded us even if their bitter feelings are understandable!

However, we Greeks fail to understand the lesson from our achievement and they (and I am talking about last nights game) fail to learn the lesson from their in house double FAIR defeat...

Let me start with us.

No team should settle for less... but we need to be honest with ourselves and understand that what happened in Portugan in 2004 was a great achievement with is tough to live up to. Espacially when now everyone faces you with that in mind. And we need to get back to serious work fast to make it to Euro 2008 or else...

Portugal. I played a bet for them to lift the world cup! (Small bet, just to make the tournament fun). I dont feel I have a rivalry with anyone and if the Portuguese think we do they must be proven wrong!

Portugal were offered a really tough but useful lesson. That they do have the depth and quality. But they need to stay serious and focused!

Last night I was dissapointed. I saw they lost their concentration and now go to face the English (another pre-tournament favourite of mine) with a lot of cards and absences.

And a small bracket dedicated to the English who (strangelly enough) were a bit more ironic towards us in 2004... Who is playing defensive football? LOL (anyway just kidding...)

I anyone loves football they must love in with actions rather than words.

Greece offered the world a huge lesson on football..

Yes anything can happen when you are focused and yes luck is needed too but it CANNOT get you all the way unless you put the hard work in to help it help you.

Portuguese fans... Enjoy the tournament you are now in and the best of luck ... dont look back. And if you do, do in order to learn. Not DENY what happened as a possible unlucky moment! It wasnt. You need to learn as fans and push your team not to forget but to learn too!

Good luck from me and I am sure from many other Greek fans.

If Portugal wins, their next game will be a semi against either Brazil, Spain, France, or Ghana on...the day after July 4, the day of mourning. The curse of Euro 2004 will continue...

NEXT...

After the "PRETTY BOYS" loose to the FROGS they can take the GREECE banner home and frame it :LOL: :LOL:

The 2004 EURO loss will haunt them for ever .:P

Just a reminder Portugal 0-1 ELLAS :o

:gr: ELLAS OLE ELLAS OLE ELLAS OLE OLE OLE :gr:

NEXT...

NEXT...LOL (Where are the Portugal fans????)

Posted Image

Its funny how the Portugal fans talk about Greece's anemic offense in Euro 2004 knockout stages. Greece scored 3 goals in 3 knockout games. You how many goals Portugal scored in 3 knockout games in WC 2006 so far?

ONE. Count it. One against Holland in 90 minutes, zero against France in 90 minutes and zero against England in 120 minutes (including the fact that England played 60 of those minutes with 10 players). Thats a combined 300 minutes, not including stoppage time. The Germany game for 3rd place remains to be seen. Greece, in Euro 2004, did not play against any team that had 10 players and not did they win any game with penalties.

Greece defeated a France team in Euro 2004 that is now in the final of WC. Greece defeated a Portugal team, IN Portugal, TWICE, and is now a WC semifinalist. But, history remembers champions, not finalists and semifinalists...

Merci Beaucoup, France. Merci Beaucoup, Zidane.

They only tried to play because they conceeded 1st.

Sorry but their diving and ultra defensive tactics from the knock out stages and after did not impress me.

Speaking of dives (crybaby Ronaldo):

Posted Image

http://ihateronaldo.com/

Posted Image

NEXT...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Next stop...

Third place game and then Lisbon Airport!

Don't worry p britu, the Portuguese won't be bringing any extra luggage with them back to Lisbon.

By "extra luggage" I mean a big fat TROPHY!

You can swallow that "Next..." of yours and hope you sh** out a ko*rada that resembles the shape of a cup, because thats' the closest your butt will ever get to a Trophy! :LOL:

In other words, if you don't have a cup, shut the hell up! :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup:

P.S. This post was only intended for p britu and the bitter poster boys for running their stupid mouths off, and is in no way intended to offend the Portuguese who applauded Greece's valiant vicotory in Euro 2004.

Ronaldo is an insult to this game...this team was the dirtiest in tackles and diving ive ever seen in a WC tourney and they finally got what they deserved...

yes Greece is defensive football........but Portugal is neither defesnsive, or offensive - they cant do either that well!! :LOL:

"OFFENSIVE" FOOTBALL GO HOME.

Was Ronaldo thinking there was water in front of him and just go for a quick dive?..that was too hilarious. I give him 9/10 for just trying. Though he was the top player on his side after Miguel.

France learned something from us 2 years ago and and created the same defensive wall and it got them thru.

Too bad for Portugal but congrats to them for making it to the semi's.

Archived