Phantis Forums

O ALPHA PROS POLISH?

I read this yesterday at Satleo,

I don't think Alpha Sat will be coming any time soon especially since Alpha TV may not be around much longer?! I have read other things on Satleo in the past about Alpha, this Kontominas is quite the character, hopefully he will put it up for sale and someone who is more financially sound will buy it.

Now we know why he came to the US- in search of capital not to talk to Unitel about Alpha Sat B)

Not to get into a political debate but I see Carlyle mentioned here, aren't they involved with current members of the White House? Seems Kontominas is mixed up with shady characters- maybe he's one too?! :blink:

Guys.....I'm going to make a prediction here! I personally believe that selling ALPHA is a matter of time and this is why....They went along a spent so much money to acquire new talent that now there are trying to find ways to close the gaps that they created. It seems to me that primarily they though that they would find ways to pay for all there acquisitions but now I guess there plan didn't go well!!! From what I understand advertising is not going as well as first thought. Maybe Kuriakou makes a move here!!! :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Well Looks like Alpha is done like dinner. B) According to this article they almost pulled their license which would have taken the station off the air. Forget about Alpha Sat, time to worry about Alpha because it may not exist much longer! Sounds like they found something big here as 1.5 Million Euros is quite a hefty fine they gave him?!

Here's hoping that Befa takes her cookiing show back to Mega and Triantafilopoulos takes his shows back to Alter then I could care less about Alpha.

According to the statement released by Alpha they say that the governing body (ESP) is trying to shut them down on purpose, what's they deal with that? Why would they want to shut him down?

There all crooks I say, when you hear he's involved with Caryle Group, what do you expect. First it was Alpha Digital now it looks like Alpha TV is going down ;) That's a shame because it seems like a pretty good channel but I guess I may never get to see it and confirm that.

I can't imagine a whole station going down but you never know. I would think it would be sold and not taken off the airways. It would have been nice to get Alpha too so we could have all the major greek stations in north america. I doubt we'll ever get star because they show more foreign stuff than Greek.

Archived