Phantis Forums

papadopoulos for sale?

bar7

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

O papadopoulos mporei na figei gia omada tou e3oterikou to kalokairi dixws o PAO na parei euro, opos o kiriakos.

Malista me to isxion sistima metagrafwn meta apo 6 mines mporei na ipograpsei se opoiadipote elliniki omada.

ta 5M einai ipervolika polla gia ton PAP kai sigoura mia kali lisi gia to tameio tou PAO.

to 8ema einai kapoia apo auta ta xrimata na dapani8oun gia ti simplirosi tou roster kai oxi gia paixtes tipou 32+

Good riddance. He will find that the only suitors will be another Greek club or some club in Russia who wants to market the return of a local boy gone good !

Pap is crap except when playing at a diluted talent level.

nope. Watch him play instead of just judging. Hes fast, technical, versatile and got a lot more to offer us. Even geyros wants him. I hope hes resigned soon.

I observe numerous and different oppinions. In my oppinion, Papadopoulos can be seen somehow like that (immage generator for Managerzone players used - www.managerzone.com )

Pap

this is the reason why I believe 5 million might be too much.

what do you guys think?

nope. Watch him play instead of just judging. Hes fast, technical, versatile and got a lot more to offer us. Even geyros wants him. I hope hes resigned soon.

Drakos, I've watched him play both at the club and NT level. In the CL no opposing team prepared for him as a threat and the only comment made was that he was fast. He doesn't cut it at a level where he would be an in-demand player, he's good in comparison with the talent level around him. He's too small, loses focus, does not make the most of opportunities and is not strong enough to challenge for 50-50 balls without always ending up on the ground.

The PAO forward that impressed me more was Mantzios who demonstrated potential in the CL and the determination to fight for balls.

Ilias my friend, you've just proven my point.

What he does against any Greek team means little as an overall talent. Oly was a team that - similarly to PAO- got slaughtered in the CL. Panionios could not advance past 'Boro, PAOK and AEK lost games they were winning.

Therefore in my view, Mr. Pap, prove it with the big boys in the big games not against a national league whose Eur. representatives has recently laid eggs in Europe. If we are saying that he is the best on the team or in Greece then I'm with you but no more than that.

And that is exactly the problem. We glorify players in Greece so that the pinnacle of their asipirations is to be the best in Greece. And that is supposed to mean something ? Hell, Euronews doesn't even report about the Greek league results but includes Switzerland and Belgium !!!!!!

Ilias my friend, you've just proven my point.

What he does against any Greek team means little as an overall talent. Oly was a team that - similarly to PAO- got slaughtered in the CL. Panionios could not advance past 'Boro, PAOK and AEK lost games they were winning.

Therefore in my view, Mr. Pap, prove it with the big boys in the big games not against a national league whose Eur. representatives has recently laid eggs in Europe. If we are saying that he is the best on the team or in Greece then I'm with you but no more than that.

And that is exactly the problem. We glorify players in Greece so that the pinnacle of their asipirations is to be the best in Greece. And that is supposed to mean something ? Hell, Euronews doesn't even report about the Greek league results but includes Switzerland and Belgium !!!!!!

no logic whatsoever

Just because he did well against Greek teams means he not good ? Why were teams like FC Porto interested in him then?

or how about Gkekas? he was scoring like crazy for Kallithea..but im sure it didnt matter....their were German bundesliga clubs competing with PAO for him remember?

I remind u Ribo wasnt that great last year....and he was playing in this league. Im tired of people belitlling this league and not noticing the improvements on the pitch. We are getting bigger names, new stadiums, and yes lately european luck isnt happening- so what.

May i remind you Sollied said himself he was surpised at the level of competiion in the league and it was way better than he thought....

Panionios played the hell out of Newcastle and should have won. There are no given results in this game, no 100% wins. If you think that then you have a lot to learn.

So sick of people assuming foreign is automatically better its the mentality that keeps the sport behind...and its complete BS......look at the changes happening in the league and sport- true they might not reflect in the european RESULTS. Dont forget that ALL FOUR TEAMS in Greece got eliminated in the last minutes this year! the luck was just blatantly awful! and LUCK HAS TO DO WITH THIS GAME ACCEPT IT. Without any you dont win championships. period. That applies to every tournament i have ever seen in my life.

So sick of people assuming foreign is automatically better its the mentality that keeps the sport behind...and its complete BS......look at the changes happening in the league and sport- true they might not reflect in the european RESULTS. Dont forget that ALL FOUR TEAMS in Greece got eliminated in the last minutes this year! the luck was just blatantly awful! and LUCK HAS TO DO WITH THIS GAME ACCEPT IT. Without any you dont win championships. period. That applies to every tournament i have ever seen in my life.

but luck can go so far in between

i mean i believe teams that get the lucky calls or bounces

they get it through hard work

not saying Greek team don't work hard but our mentality stinks especially in the end

the Greek club team mentality in Europe just stinks especially in the final mins

they forget wut got them the lead or the draw and go into this defensive mind set that set up to explode

they play not to lose and wut happens in the end u lose plain and simple

from the top of my head i recall 7 games that Greek teams failed to win due to the final 10 mins of games in Europe

bad luck and good luck exists if you dont acknowledge it its ignorance.....

example- if OSFP had NO luck whatsoever their advantage would not be so high. They have won many games in the last minutes, other teams missed great chances too....Im Not saying this to put down OSFP, this happens to all teams.

No doubt hardwork and skill has most of the influence. But sometimes it isnt enough......i mean come on look at the Czech Rep- Greece semifinal.....Koller had some great chances to put us away and couldnt...The Czechs lost Nedved, etc...We had some luck too.

As for 4 teams losing in the last minute- thats not mentality thats just bad luck. AEK, and PAO got eliminated from outside blasts (from nowhere) and OSFP lost to Real from a garbage play too....

of course luck isnt the only factor and its not the main one but its still a factor- the point is sometimes the game just doesnt happen the way you want no matter the effort or skill. Thats football. You cant blame the coach, you cant blame the ref, etc.

point is though- stop belittling the league. We do have some good talents, infact the entire Euro 2004 team developed here and only here in this league. If thats not evidence in the leagues improvement than nothing will convince you. Foreign doesnt mean better. This mentality hold the country back and i hate seeing it in every media.

I do follow the league games albeit not legally (as I live in Italy).

If the Greek league was so good what happens to our glorious teams when they face intl. competitions ? They lose, particularly during this past year.

If the Greek league is so good, why do our foreign-based players choose to stay overseas and only come back when they have no other options ?

If our players are so good where was the windfall of contracts after Euro 2004 ? Which of our Greek-based players are so good that the big teams chase them and even if signed, become regular fixtures for their teams ? You can count them with one hand.

If the level is so high how did Sollied screw up the team so much that they were shamed in their CL games ?cWhat Sollied says is purely for public consumption.

I am a proud Greek but the reality is that the Greek league is 3rd tier and therefore we will not get the right players to come in and help develop the league.

As for all the rumors of which Eur. team is interested in whom we all know the big names that were 'supposed' to come to Greece and who came in the end. Rumors start for contract leverage reasons, for publicity purposes, etc. It doesn't mean that the deal will actually get consumated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I CAN UNDERSTAND NOW WHY YOU SAY THIS....IT'S PERFECTLY LOGICAL AS YOU LIVE IN ITALY AND YOU GET THE VIBES FROM CAMPIONATO.....

NOONE ARGUES THAT THE GREEK CH. IS CRAP COMPARING TO THE ITALIAN AND ALL OTHER ONES WE LIKE TO SEE ON SATELLITE TV! AND GOING FURTHER, I BELIEVE THAT OLYMPIAKOS,THAT IS ONE STEP AHEAD FROM ANY OTHER TEAM IN GREECE RIGHT NOW, WOULD BE SATISFIED WITH SAY AROUND 12TH POSITION IN ITALY...

THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS FOR THAT AND IF WE TALK ABOUT THIS..THA KSYMERWSOUME!

NO TOP CLASS PLAYER WILL COME IN GREECE FROM ABROAD AT HIS BEST AGE...IF WE CAN'T MAKE A DECENT CHAMPIONSHIP WITH FOREIGN PLAYERS WE SHOULD TRY AND KEEP THE GREEKS...ESPECIALLY THE TOP ONES.PAP IS UNDOUBTLY ONE OF THE BEST GREEK STRIKERS AND IT WOULD BE SAD TO LOSE HIM TO ANY TEAM

NO TOP CLASS PLAYER WILL COME IN GREECE FROM ABROAD AT HIS BEST AGE...IF WE CAN'T MAKE A DECENT CHAMPIONSHIP WITH FOREIGN PLAYERS WE SHOULD TRY AND KEEP THE GREEKS...ESPECIALLY THE TOP ONES.PAP IS UNDOUBTLY ONE OF THE BEST GREEK STRIKERS AND IT WOULD BE SAD TO LOSE HIM TO ANY TEAM

couldnt agree more :tup:

Ilias, you are right up to a point. As a PAO fan, it saddens me to say that Oly is the best Greek team and yet they would be a mid-table team in Eur. largest leagues.

I also agree that importing players at the tail end of their careers just makes the Greek league weaker as it provides just enough interest to keep things going but not enough to make a real improvement. It also prevents the development of homegrown talent but that is also due to the Greek (and Otto) mentality of valuing experience over the development of young but raw talent.

However, we also need some Eur. visibility becuase that revenue is too important to ignore but also because of the benefit of playing against a higher level of competition for younger players. This will require some foreign players who are maybe not good enough to crack 1st team lineups in top teams in Italy, England, Spain & Germany but who nonetheless want to play and becomes leaders of smaller emerging teams.

IT WOULD BE IDEAL IF SCOUTERS COULD FIND MORE GONZALES BUT THEY KEEP FINDING GUYS LIKE MITU,SKACEL,ANDRIC,SARIC,MARIC, etc. WHY...CAUSE THE'YRE CHEAP!

AS IN LIFE,USUALLY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....AND WITH THE FIGURES THAT EXIST IN GREECE IT IS USUAL THAT THE ONLY VALUE FOR MONEY COMES FROM GREEK PLAYERS.....I DON'T SAY THOUGH THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!

AND AS A PAO FAN IT IS NATURAL THAT I EXPECT FROM MY TEAM TO DO WELL IN EUROPEAN COMPETITIONS...YOU SHOULD KNOW...NOBODY IGNORES THAT!I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS MATTERS MOST FOR ME THAN GREECE!

BUT THIS IS NOT RELEVANT....I REMEMBER VERY WELL THAT ALL GOOD APPEARANCES WE MADE, THE TEAM WAS BASED MAINLY IN GREEK PLAYERS...AND THE FOREIGNS THAT TURNED GOOD (WARZYCHA,HENRIKSSEN,MICHAELSEN etc.) WERE SIMPLY A MATTER OF GOOD LUCK!

BUT, THERE ISN'T ALWAYS SAINT JOHNS' (TOU AI GIANNIOU :P :P :P :P )

IT WOULD BE IDEAL IF SCOUTERS COULD FIND MORE GONZALES BUT THEY KEEP FINDING GUYS LIKE MITU,SKACEL,ANDRIC,SARIC,MARIC, etc. WHY...CAUSE THE'YRE CHEAP!

AS IN LIFE,USUALLY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....AND WITH THE FIGURES THAT EXIST IN GREECE IT IS USUAL THAT THE ONLY VALUE FOR MONEY COMES FROM GREEK PLAYERS.....I DON'T SAY THOUGH THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!

AND AS A PAO FAN IT IS NATURAL THAT I EXPECT FROM MY TEAM TO DO WELL IN EUROPEAN COMPETITIONS...YOU SHOULD KNOW...NOBODY IGNORES THAT!I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS MATTERS MOST FOR ME THAN GREECE!

BUT THIS IS NOT RELEVANT....I REMEMBER VERY WELL THAT ALL GOOD APPEARANCES WE MADE, THE TEAM WAS BASED MAINLY IN GREEK PLAYERS...AND THE FOREIGNS THAT TURNED GOOD (WARZYCHA,HENRIKSSEN,MICHAELSEN etc.) WERE SIMPLY A MATTER OF GOOD LUCK!

BUT, THERE ISN'T ALWAYS SAINT JOHNS' (TOU AI GIANNIOU :P :P :P :P )

Megale you are absolutely right. But your comment does not apply only to PAO, it goes for every team in Greece. Each team should try to build players through their academies. We can't rely on foreigners to make the difference in our teams. Actually we shouldn't rely on foreigners.

A perfect example is Tottenham. The past 3 to 4 Tottenham has been relying mainly on its English players. Generally on the field you will see 7 to 8 English players. And although they haven't been winning championships (keeping in mind who the competition is!!!) they have made a great impression in the Premier league and are a team to be respected.

Greek teams have to follow their examples. And another point i want to make is that foreign players are not the only problem in our league, the lack of quality in the league is also attributed to the greediness of the team owners. Smaller teams find a great player amongst their ranks and the moment they get some interest from a big team, they sell them immediately. The team loses their star layer and they quickly makes a dive to the relegation zone.

Archived